Author Topic: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.  (Read 5301 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »
Lol. I'm always at a disadvantage.

It doesn't really matter which way you cast the issue. Low numbers, a third of which are "real" people and no fights is still boring.

I've had people run away from a formation of He-111s at 5k alt. I fly I16s in base defense. I jabo with P40Ms. Nothing works. I can't MAKE people engage. Neither can any other toothless, beer swilling, rugby religion fancying Kiwi or Aussie. Before the suggestion is made, swapping sides doesn't change the dynamic. LWA turns into the MWA game-play style during our evening.
Retired

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2013, 03:39:06 AM »
Well, he's worth many other recruits!  :aok

Steely is a liar, i liked the game when he first showed it to me but he said i had to pleasure him to get access to the game, I really didn't get it but he told me to get a subscription and get past the old H2H game i had to give him H2H. It was worth it in the end, but with these low numbers on the game now i don't think the games looks as interesting so i am sure the H2H supply is running out for Steely nowdays, poor fella.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »

It doesn't really matter which way you cast the issue. Low numbers, a third of which are "real" people and no fights is still boring.

I've had people run away from a formation of He-111s at 5k alt. I fly I16s in base defense. I jabo with P40Ms. Nothing works. I can't MAKE people engage. Neither can any other toothless, beer swilling, rugby religion fancying Kiwi or Aussie. Before the suggestion is made, swapping sides doesn't change the dynamic. LWA turns into the MWA game-play style during our evening.

Hmm; maybe I'll wake up early and try it myself.  Possibly the cowardly scum you refer to are milk-running, perk-farming Yanks ans doing the same thing.  I'm sure no Australian would (...). 

MH

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »

You're doing it wrong. Up a Lala... it's wonderful for its ability to force people to fight.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
Hmm; maybe I'll wake up early and try it myself.  Possibly the cowardly scum you refer to are milk-running, perk-farming Yanks ans doing the same thing.  I'm sure no Australian would (...). 

MH

I'm not Australian. I was assuming it was Australians myself.
Retired

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
Aussies are bonzer!  :aok

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2013, 05:26:18 AM »
I have seen a lot of talk today about DCS flight sim from people that play this game, yet another that will take people from aces high, DCS is living in the 21st century of gaming, kick bellybutton graphics and free to download to a point where you can pay for more stuff and addons.

This is just the topic that has been running here, aces high is close to dead and now another company will steal half the customer base away.
Its a shame that no one from HT has anything to say about the demise or what maybe what could be done to get more players on aces
See you all in DCS  :bhead

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2013, 05:42:38 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
I have seen a lot of talk today about DCS flight sim from people that play this game, yet another that will take people from aces high, DCS is living in the 21st century of gaming, kick bellybutton graphics and free to download to a point where you can pay for more stuff and addons.

This is just the topic that has been running here, aces high is close to dead and now another company will steal half the customer base away.
Its a shame that no one from HT has anything to say about the demise or what maybe what could be done to get more players on aces
See you all in DCS  :bhead

Really, free to play but powerups will cost money? That's the kind of game you want aces high to turn into? He's one of them I was talking about when I wrote this.
One final thought. After reading some other forums, simHQ, etc., where basically a lot of gamers who had a long enough attention span to post on an internet forum were complaining about flightsims because, in a nut shell, they aren't arcade enough, console friendly enough, and they aren't free. And it occurred to me that if this is what AH has to become to bring a lot more players in then I'm not so sure.. no I am sure, I don't want AH to become something that will appeal to the masses. If that happened, yes AH could have a much larger customer base, but none of us would be part of it. Face it, we're just a bunch of elitist flight sim snobs.  cheers

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »
Yeah, I'd stick around to slaughter the noobs, and spam 262s at them for about a month or two, then probably move on to WWIIOL, or Rise of Flight. Something.

However, it wouldn't be a TERRIBLE idea to offer the Panzer IV F, T-34/76, SdKfz 251, P-40C, 109E, Spit and hurricane I, F4F, C202,He 111,B-25, and G4M for free. At least for something like a 6 month trial period. If it works, and HTC doesn't lose paying subscribers, why not roll with it.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »
Yeah, I'd stick around to slaughter the noobs, and spam 262s at them for about a month or two, then probably move on to WWIIOL, or Rise of Flight. Something.

However, it wouldn't be a TERRIBLE idea to offer the Panzer IV F, T-34/76, SdKfz 251, P-40C, 109E, Spit and hurricane I, F4F, C202,He 111,B-25, and G4M for free. At least for something like a 6 month trial period. If it works, and HTC doesn't lose paying subscribers, why not roll with it.

That sounds reasonable. Would love to see a response from HiTech on the matter.   Also perhaps add a slightly better plane that has cannons, so all the noobies go for that  :devil

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2013, 01:34:42 PM »
That sounds reasonable. Would love to see a response from HiTech on the matter. 

From experience I'd say that HT ain't really inclined to discuss matters of his business with the public  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »
Maybe we should all try to be nicer to new players.

Well said!!! ...maybe we should help 'em learn as well?
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2013, 05:10:22 AM »
Who are you to insult. The only tool is you. Not Hitechs fault if no one in Australia likes WW2 plane sims.
AH was designed and implemented by an American team. American ingenuity made the game, mostly Americans play it.

I would suggest you get your m8's and talk up the game. Then have your m8's, m8's talk up the game. Called word of mouth, sells more than any advertising ever did.
 :joystick:
Quote team america: I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. is down! I repeat, we have no I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E.! ( was going to quote the team america song but i would get banned)
Anyhow numbers are lower than ever, all week under 50 player and that includes the tower sitters hoping for a cheap reset, sad very sad indeed.
there is no talking up the game with number like this as its Dry as a dead dingo's donger.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
 :rofl  I thought that movie would be crappy, but I loved it and its end song -- especially parts like "Trucks!  $# yeah!  Beer!  $# yeah!  Books!  [silence]".  It makes me laugh right now just thinking of it.  Matt Damon!  :rofl