Author Topic: $1.08/Hour and Rising  (Read 9407 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: $1.08/Hour and Rising
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »
Can't comment on that, I don't fly level bombers in a way that stresses them.  That said, Lancasters could be looped.
He's full of crap, the He-111 is damn maneuverable, even with a full bomb load. I've fought off a 109F, a Typhoon, and a P-51 through maneuvering on three separate occasions.

The only way to slow the Lanc down is to slow all bombers down, including the He111 and Ju88.  And even then its 14,000lb payload means it won't be a hangar queen.  No amount of prattle on your part is going to give the He111 or Ju88 the payload of the Lancaster, which is the only reason it gets used.

Its also pretty fast on the deck, relative to the other heavies we have. IMO, its relative speed for NOE usage is a big reason it doesn't get ousted by the B-24 or B-17.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2013, 10:47:13 PM »
Karnak you post too much to read. . .  :rolleyes:
I get bored at work sometimes when it is slow....

Its also pretty fast on the deck, relative to the other heavies we have. IMO, its relative speed for NOE usage is a big reason it doesn't get ousted by the B-24 or B-17.
Good point.  That speed does seem accurate though, so still nothing to complain about.  Besides, a low Lancaster in AH is nothing but a free kill waiting to be plucked.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:51:46 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »
Karnak you post too much to read. . .  :rolleyes:

Yeah, Karnak.  Cumulatively, you've posted perhaps a type-written page worth of text in this topic.

My God, man -- how could anyone read as much as that in a discussion topic?

I know that in the olden days they had these things called "magazine articles" that were 5 or 10 pages long, which took teams of people a year or more to read.  And I've heard rumors of something called a "book", but I think that it's just a fable.

At any rate, in the future, please try for messages that add the most to the discussion, such as with the entire content being "Yep" or " :aok" or "No way you dont know what your talking about" to meet with modern standards.

;)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2013, 12:24:24 AM »
Well at least I'm getting my money's worth out of this thread.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2013, 04:14:36 AM »
Well at least I'm getting my money's worth out of this thread.
Amen .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »
I hear ya, havent played a second for months, yet pay the sub. IF one day I'd like to log in...

that sums me up. havent played in months but keep the sub active incase i do.

i have found Black OPs 2 fills the itch. its taken me years just to get 10 kills lol
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2013, 02:28:38 AM »
Round 2,

Ding ding!

Fight!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2013, 03:06:36 AM »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »
Try Rise of Flight. That's where I've been since I got my new computer.

HAIL THE GRAYCLIF. I AM BACK!!

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
<--- comes out swinging

OK, Mr Karnak...
A lanc, when low and on the deck is ACTUALY about the safest place a lanc can be. <--- its lack of NO BOTTOM TURRET and turrets that can't fire down much as in game, is neutralized because nothing can get below it. EXACTLY the OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID "free kill waiting to be plucked"
 :rock   :uhoh

and a left, and a right!  :rock  :uhoh
Back to the topic, He-111's have strict gun arch ranges with an interface that restricts it even more, A SIMPLE 'NO AUTO-LEVEL OPTION' when we go to a gun station, IS DENIED BY KARNAK. While KARNAK STILL WONT ADMIT from a PICTURE THAT IS PLAIN AS DAY, that our AcesHigh lanc's can fire down, much further in game, that they should!  
And Karnak is stunned and staggering!  
 :rock :rolleyes:

20,000 posts and can't admit a simple picture... maybe the guy is cross-eyed or something.
And Karnak is down for the count!
:banana:   :mad:

But here comes the REF... HTC and his 'delete post rule #4' punch!  :aok

And Franz heads out the back window, gets in a cab with 'Esmarelda'   :bolt:  ;)
to go have blueberry pancakes on Zed's Chopper!  :O  :cheers: :rofl

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:01:23 PM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2013, 05:24:19 PM »

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2013, 05:57:27 PM »
We have an official 'World Wrestling Federation' TAG TEAM MATCH going...
... and in to the ring comes Arlo, tags up with Karnak, so match isn't over!

Arlo seems to have a back issue, or a new style of Kung Fu or... somethin!  :headscratch:

:ahand

NEXT!   :banana:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »
Stand by.

Ok, continue losing it.

:D

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
Arlo counters with a side-stepping FAIL of a dodge followed by a WEAK counter punch.

Technology:
No mention of technology, not recently. We are only talking SIMPLE GEOMETRY here... SEE THE PICTUREs of Lanc firing arch, THEN SEE THE IN GAME PLANE firing arch.
Why lost?
Because... Russia was bigger than USA, but even USA's 'Arsenal of Democracy' was even further away from Germany than England was. <-- the short answer.

Sooo Arlo falls flat on his own face, Franz stands victorious!

:D/
M  
^     :mad:-v-V

Ok im done with the WWF stuff... can we 'fix' some bugs please? :/

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2013, 06:40:44 PM »
<--- comes out swinging

OK, Mr Karnak...
A lanc, when low and on the deck is ACTUALY about the safest place a lanc can be. <--- its lack of NO BOTTOM TURRET and turrets that can't fire down much as in game, is neutralized because nothing can get below it. EXACTLY the OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID "free kill waiting to be plucked"
 :rock   :uhoh
Sorry, but the safest place a Lanc can be in AH is as high as it can get.  Much lower chance of being intercepted.

However, being so low as to eliminate belly attacks is better than being at, say, 5,000ft.  Nonetheless, the Lanc's defenses are so weak that it is still a free kill waiting to be plucked.

and a left, and a right!  :rock  :uhoh
Back to the topic, He-111's have strict gun arch ranges with an interface that restricts it even more,
Hand held guns do have more restrictive arcs as compared to turrets and there may, or may not be, some further restrictions due to interface.  I do not know what the range of travel the He111's guns had.
A SIMPLE 'NO AUTO-LEVEL OPTION' when we go to a gun station, IS DENIED BY KARNAK.
You're a loon.  I said no such thing.
While KARNAK STILL WONT ADMIT from a PICTURE THAT IS PLAIN AS DAY, that our AcesHigh lanc's can fire down, much further in game, that they should!
And Karnak is stunned and staggering!  
 :rock :rolleyes:

20,000 posts and can't admit a simple picture... maybe the guy is cross-eyed or something.
And Karnak is down for the count!
:banana:   :mad:
You have posted no such picture, nor could I find one.  You claim that 60 degrees depression is too much, and it may be, but you supply no evidence.  A photo of the turret with the guns pointing straight back tells us nothing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-