Author Topic: HT, can you update/upgrade CT to 1.08 pls?  (Read 779 times)

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
HT, can you update/upgrade CT to 1.08 pls?
« on: October 15, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »
I understand that roads/rails and other stuff need to be added to the actual map (good opportunity to fix the friendly firing ack bug too...).

In the meantime, maybe you could switch to a Pacific CT with the Mindanao map....or a russian front in the Uterus map....

Other ideas are welcome.

Thanks
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
S! De Selys

I think the Russian Front would be a good choice since there are quite a few planes in the current set which would fit there.

The Baltic map would work there, as well as a Finnish Map which was done by a player and which just includes Southern Finland, Leningrad area and the Gulf of Finland.

Planeset could include to start:

109F4
109G2
190A5
190F8
MC202
Ju88

La-5
Spit V
Hurri IIC
IL-2

Could then be advanced to:

109G2
109G6
109G10
190A5
190A8
190F8
190D9 (Perk)
Me262 (Big Perk)
Ju88
Arado (Big Perk)

La5
La7  (Perk)
Yak9U
Yak9T
IL-2
B-26

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2001, 03:31:00 AM »
Hiya Buzz,

Interesting planeset! I'll certainly like to see this in the CT during a couple of weeks.

We shouldn't forget GVs: even with the glitches/bugs they present at the moment, they played such an important role on the Eastern Front that they can't be ignored.

Edit: strat (field/depot capture and resupply) should be added as well as Eastern front was highly mobile...

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: deSelys ]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2001, 05:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Buzzbait:

The Baltic map would work there, as well as a Finnish Map which was done by a player and which just includes Southern Finland, Leningrad area and the Gulf of Finland.

Hold that thought.  ;)

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
Bump!

Really, HTC, it's taking a long time to see things evolve here.
I know you've been pretty busy with 1.08 and the AH Con, and it would be the logical move to go on holidays now. But you are letting us without any information...

I know we are only a small percentage of your player base. I honestly believe that a new setup (Eastern Front as descibed above, with much importance on GVs as well) with the strat system as it exists right now would be a real success.

I hope we can expect a word from you soon

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
something different is needed here, other than the planeset & dar changes, to draw ppl into CA. Something as simple as score keeping will bring some. What about AI invasion forces? Some goofy rank or streak counter, just something different from MA to bring more cons into the room.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals