Author Topic: Time for a change  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
I would like to add Jenks, I was at 15k earlier today and he must have been at 20k. He circled a few times and I was working to keep him off my six without blowing all my E. I beat his first pass but his second pass he gave me a PW. Knowing he wouldn't let me get back to base I continued to fight. The whole thing went from 15k to about 6 or 7k. Every time I got on his six I would black out and when I came to I had to figure out where he had moved to (usually my 6). I didn't get a lot of shots on him because I was blacking out for most of the fight.

I was honestly expecting a quick reversal then the 51 dives for the friendly ack/ runs away like I've done plenty of other times. Next time I'll be more wary.

:salute Jenks for one hell of a good fight.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 10:22:16 PM »
Jenks for one hell of a good fight.

Jenks is one of those old school dogfighters.  You always feel good if you can survive the encounter.

- oldman

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 10:34:17 PM »
fun fights with oldman731, AKA, "you cant kill me cause I'm gonna auger!!" LOL

some of my best fights are with old man, too the point where my hands hurt from working the joystick and throttle! always a fun, clean fight, and you never know who's gonna win, thats the fun of it! <S> oldman!!

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
I demand a rematch ... :D
p.s.  the canyon walls killed me just as much as you did...don't think you're so special.. :joystick:

Oh....I'm special, alright.  :D

As for the rematch....anytime, o' Mistress of the PeptoSpit!

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 01:03:58 AM »
Somebody drag a dead horse in here for Shida.

It's true though. I like threads like this but the FBCrabby & Zacherof witch hunt is already at 152 replies and 2380 reads. The AH community likes soap operas, let's face it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 01:43:39 AM »
It's true though. I like threads like this but the FBCrabby & Zacherof witch hunt is already at 152 replies and 2380 reads. The AH community likes soap operas, let's face it.

Yup, been that way for a long time now.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 06:29:46 AM »
That was really good fun xbrit. Shame of the wifeack.... :rofl

Had a great fights with ammo and Zacherof that day too, <S> guys

Looks like we have more quality fights during EU hours until about 6:00 p.m. GMT when the bashing starts...

As xbrit stated during our conversation: It's all about the fun part.

Yes sir, that was a great fight!  I knew I was in for a good one when our separation never got more than a few hundred yards.  <S>
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »
The AH community likes soap operas, let's face it.

You know it, I know it, the OP knows it, the people posting here know it, the AH community knows it, Hitech, Skuzzy, Pyro, Carrie and all the rest, they know it. FW knows it. The competition knows it. Peta knows it. Strippers know it. my Daughter knows it she's pulling me away from the keyboard now Shida, Ill be back though cause there's lot's more that know it and I don't want to miss anyone that you might know or not know that knows it, by dude........

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
You know it, I know it, the OP knows it...

Well no one told me, I had to work it out myself!  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Oh....I'm special, alright.  :D

As for the rematch....anytime, o' Mistress of the PeptoSpit!

Wasn't the kind of special I had in mind...  :uhoh
hehehe...you know I'm kidding but I do want a rematch, it was a great time.   :D

As for the original post...I have had a lot of good fights with a lot of different people, too many to name.   
Although I had fun dueling 262's with a rook a while back...awesome time!
And trying to throw myself off a cliff in a jeep for the 3 seconds of air made for an excellent night. :x

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
you never know who's gonna win, thats the fun of it!

Agreed.  The best fights are the ones between evenly-matched pilots.  The best best fights are the ones between evenly-matched pilots and the fight is concluded without either one having fired his guns.

- oldman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 01:25:47 PM »
Some of my favorite fights are the ones where my opponents catch me under less than ideal conditions, usually shortly after I up or on climbout.

One of my favorites was one day a couple months ago I was a minute or two off the runway in a P47 D11 when a pair of P47s (one 47M one 47D11) came in about 6k alt.  I started heading away from them to build some E and they came down.  What ensued was a very tactical fight, at least from my end, where the D11 was attacking me somewhat aggressively and the M was pretty much making sure I couldn't get away and keeping me low E and taking the occasional swipe at me himself.  It reminded me a lot of watching a hawk teaching its baby to hunt.  I eventually wound up getting nailed, but I felt I'd made them work for it a fair bit, and also felt like I'd had a couple chances that I blew.  The M was LilMak, the D11 was a squaddie of his.

Anybody who actually fights at 20k plus is also an enjoyable fight for me, although those are exceedingly rare.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 02:40:39 PM »
One night about two months ago I found Triton28 over water, co-alt in a K4 vs my K4.  No one was around and 5 mins later and with both of missing essential parts, he went down.

(What I never told him was I went in about a second after he did.  I decided to let him think I had actually beat him)

We both unknowingly (but hoping I'm sure) lifted again and flew to the same spot, I in my K4 and he....well, he didn't show up in a K4.  He arrived in a B-38 and I died.  He cheated and he knows it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 05:25:32 PM »
I vulched Changeup one time.   And it was good.    :old:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »

I vulched Changeup one time.   And it was good.    :old:

Me too... :D 

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0