Author Topic: Missing perkies.....  (Read 587 times)

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
Missing perkies.....
« on: January 07, 2002, 10:53:00 AM »
Is why I'm not gonna do much flying in the CT. I've lost them 3 times, what's the point of building them up then losing them for no apparent reason? Granted I haven't been in it much, but when I do, I want them perks I've earned previously to use. If you want to get right down to it, I've paid for them! I've paid money to play this sim and have earned them as a result, now all of a sudden their gone. Now if I had cancelled my acct. and came back, well I'd expect to have to earn them all over again. But I've paid since it's been mandatory, and frankly I'm a little pissed that my previous perks are gone.

If it's a case of that's the way the CT works, well then so be it, I'll spend my time in the MA and get historical fixes in scenario's and ToD.

end <rant>

Whew, srry just had to get that off my chest....

ts

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Missing perkies.....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 11:10:00 AM »
Hey TS  :)

HTC stated, a long time ago when the CT first became avalibe, that with every new setup the perks will disapire, no fun if people have 500 and then the 262 is made avalible for 25, won't see anything but 262, maybe.

Allso, the reason the CT was reset more then one time now, was that many planes, LA/ for example, had the wrong ENY values, LA7 had 25 while 190 A5 and A8 had 20 and 18, that's a bit wrong  ;)

So, considering some people flew the LA5 while it had these ENY values, they gained ALOT of perks without any real work (was I the only one flying LA7 then?) and thus Buzzbait decided to reset the perks so that it wouldn't be unfair for the rest.

Perks are there to stay now though, untill we get a new setup.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Missing perkies.....
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 12:36:00 PM »
The perk values were not correctly set when the new CT went into effect December 22nd. The planeset that we were running at that time did not have any perk planes, so the incorrect perk values were not a problem. (these values would let you get a 30 point sortie for shooting down certain plane)

Well, this new planeset incorporates perk planes, so the perk points were wiped clean to keep people from hording them from tour to tour.

When a new planeset / setup is intriduced, think of it as you're a newly arrived pilot on the frontlines. You must do well in your countries average fighters before they turn you loose in their better fighters. Make sense?

Also, this is just something we think we have to do to keep the earlier war planes a real factor in the planeset.

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
Missing perkies.....
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2002, 01:20:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply's!

Well, looks like the CT is not for me then if they are resetting every tour/planeset change.

No HB, doesn't make sense to me. You would have to spend time in there regularly to make it worth while, so for me personally it doesn't work as I only have so much time to spread between the MA, CT, scenarios and the ToD, other online games and life.

Personally, I say do away with the perks and implement a rolling planeset just like WB's- a month long per planeset/tour/map. That would take care of the perk plane everywhere crap your worried about.

Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm sure I will check it out occasionaly, like when the MA goes down like it did today.

ts

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: tshred ]

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: tshred ]

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Missing perkies.....
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2002, 08:06:00 AM »
I respect your views ts, and can tell you nothing is ever set in stone, but this system seems to be working well so far. For example, It took me 3 decent sorties in an LA5 to be able to buy an LA7 or 109G10, as they are valued at 6 points each.
Buzz seems to have the perk values right where they need to be.

Hope you reconsider!