Author Topic: Photography  (Read 3132 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Photography
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »
Nice pic with a strong tension! You don't mind if I use it as Desktop for a while, do you?

I noticed there are some anomalies in the upper right corner and one in the lower right, probably dust on the lens or something like that. You might like to edit them, on a big screen like mine (2560x1600, 30") they steal the focus. At least one of them can be seen in the small picture you've posted so it's not something due to stretching the image.

Enjoy it!
i'm going to upload the large size on Flicker ,when i get home ; the wide lens has some corner distorsion, also was very humid outside ,camera was inside the car in cool AC got some bad consensation on the heavy glass elements in humid hot weather before storm.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 07:36:15 AM »
I'm no professional but I enjoy taking pictures, to the tune of 25,000 over the last 3 years! Here's a few.

(Image removed from quote.)

nice shot! :aok

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
I've seen lots of "professionals" who aren't half as good as you.  :aok
Definitely +1 on that  :aok

But my point is that just because someone identifies themselves as a "professional" doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing. 
I can say the same about computer techies. Anyone capable of running AntiMalware will put his number in the small ads of the local paper. If you can afford or otherwise manage combining it with your daily breadbringer, I would encourage you to keep your name on the list with minimal advertising. Just take the jobs people are willing to pay for knowing they'd get it well done. Raise your price level, if you feel like it. Ignore the rest, even the photoshopping queries. The word will spread and in the land of $#0 000 weddings you'd soon flooded with requests. Hopefully... If not, you'd have kept your dignity.  :salute

Loved the squirrel between two trees   :)
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »
same can be said for "tattoo artists".....friggen dime a dozen now a days charging 40 an hour when I used to charge 250$ :bhead

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »
same can be said for "tattoo artists".....friggen dime a dozen now a days charging 40 an hour when I used to charge 250$ :bhead
Then the people that go to them are idiots! :old:
Unless they really are good and dont have responsibiliteis :mad:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
I'm having a little trouble with this one. Maybe it's just the fact that I have my computer hooked up to a 36" TV but this one just looks slightly blurry.

Mammatus clouds moments before the Bennington, Ks tornado 5-28-13

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
I'm having a little trouble with this one. Maybe it's just the fact that I have my computer hooked up to a 36" TV but this one just looks slightly blurry.

Mammatus clouds moments before the Bennington, Ks tornado 5-28-13

If you haven't told they were clouds I wouldn't have recocnized them. Then again, I've never seen mammatus clouds, they seem to be rare here. For what I saw on Google picture search, this one looks blurrier than it should, though.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 11:29:49 AM »

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
I got Adobe Lightroom 5 today and I've been having a blast with pictures all night. Here's a few that I've done.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2013, 04:57:08 AM »
Sweet. Got lightroom 5.2 yesterday. Its good

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2013, 05:14:34 AM »
My all time favorite photo....   My son on the beach at sunrise....doing what you should do on a beach at sunrise  :aok....you will have to go to the bottom of my post and move it to the left a bit.

another one of my boy reeling in his first Shark

Where we stay for a few weeks every year...my view

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:20:14 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
Sweet. Got lightroom 5.2 yesterday. Its good

I love it. I've been watching a lot of tutorials on YouTube on how to do things. There's several good, helpful videos on there.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
I got Adobe Lightroom 5 today and I've been having a blast with pictures all night. Here's a few that I've done.

The first one is definitely a spitting image of a typical AH landscape! Now I know why the terrains look that way, and not like what I've seen from a passenger plane window.

Kotisivuni

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2013, 07:06:04 PM »
great Pics Bailey :aok

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »
From last year's 4th of July in NYC standing at the pier.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp