Author Topic: Hitech....Skuzzy....Waffle....  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Hitech....Skuzzy....Waffle....
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
Nice!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
thanx for all the kind words Guys much appreciated.... :salute

You could probably cut the vertex count on the engine by removing much of the cylinder details and using bump/normal maps for the final product. You could also use fewer segments to create the circles, and "clean" them up somewhat with bump/normal/diffusion maps. Other than that, I'm not all that well versed in a good way to balance detail with poly counts, as I haven't done a lot of 3D modeling. I'm afraid much of the fine details of the model would be lost in the game, and nobody would ever get close enough to appreciate it, unless they were on the ground in F3 mode and looking around their own plane.

Good stuff, though.

ya that engine is the Hi polly count...ill use it to create all the details then render a normal map and apply that to a lo polly mesh..... :salute

He responed! :O :O
Theres hope!

HTC rocks :rock

Or a long haired, sword wielding, model building, ink dropping hippie?   

:bolt:
:rofl :rofl :rofl

have we met  :rock :rock

25 - 35k for fighters

Some bombers have up to 60k

HiTech

:O

I was thinking around the 7-10k mark.....I am guessing it is that much because we don't fly in F3 mode....

greatly appreciate the response :salute

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:27 PM »
Looking Great Ink!1 What program are you using? I wished I could do that but all I draw is flies !!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
Looking Great Ink!1 What program are you using? I wished I could do that but all I draw is flies !!

Thanx man :salute

http://www.blender.org/

look for "Download Blender" on right side of page.... :aok

free :rock :x :rock.....has everything needed to make a complete game......

it is kinda mind boggling when you first open it up....because of the extensiveness of the features...and its unfriendly GUI....

but if you are interested in doing 3d modeling you cant go wrong with it...and there are thousands of tutorials to get you started :cheers:

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »
He responed! :O :O
Theres hope!

Yes, indeed. I thought the response would be something along the lines of "It a cl0sey garded state sercret so dont boter."

Does this mean, in fact, there is hope?

Incredible work btw ink. I once worked up a Polikarpov in Rhino, tried Gimp but couldn't get far.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »
Yes, indeed. I thought the response would be something along the lines of "It a cl0sey garded state sercret so dont boter."

Does this mean, in fact, there is hope?

Incredible work btw ink. I once worked up a Polikarpov in Rhino, tried Gimp but couldn't get far.

thank ya Kindly :salute

GIMP is just an image manipulator.....it is what I use for my image work.
............................. ....

this is the type of work I am used to doing...a Gargoyle im in progress on.....

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »
Whaddaya, you doing 3D tatoos now?

(Heheheh, might be an idea, though they'd look out of focus to anyone without 3D glasses...)
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »
I just entered the final week of character emotes, which is facial expressions and vocal phonemes. The work we do is mostly Quads, which are subdivided these days into millions of polygons for film work. The game models we have worked with in school usually involve creating a very high polygon count version, and mapping high def texture work to that, and then finally unwrapping the work to be mapped onto a low poly version of the same model. I started off the quarter by beginning the work on a Cromwell tank, which is up to 216k polys at the point I had to stop work on it because of the class load. Next week I will start up on that again (and a dozen other tanks), but primarily I want to learn this Terrain Editor AH uses.

This is about six hours into the model (3DS Max):

My question for Ink is whether Blender supports export to the HTC format (.FLT I think)?

And the question for HTC is, do you use a 1:1 scale?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:45:35 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »
I have done quite a bit of 3d modeling, almost all organic stuff....

I started a P40 and a Nieuport for fun, and trying my hand at none organic....

here is the engine of the Nieuport obviously it has way to many verts at 40K+

while the body so far has almost 7k :(

I am trying to get my work so it could be used in a game if I can ever get good :cry

I know they are not great but I have never done anything like this before, so don't laugh to hard.... :o the only none organic stuff I have done before was some sword's and axe's...and I mean cmon how hard is it to shape a sword :lol(and they arnt done yet)

so my question is..... what is your vertice count on a complete plane :headscratch:

Ink, that is too cool, brother!  I have a hard enough fooling around with stuff like Gimp.  That looks great for someone exploring this kind of stuff.

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »
Ink, that is too cool, brother!  I have a hard enough fooling around with stuff like Gimp.  That looks great for someone exploring this kind of stuff.

#S#

Josh

Thanx man :salute

glad to see ya back :joystick:

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:21 PM »
25 - 35k for fighters

Some bombers have up to 60k

HiTech

:bhead

wish I kept 3ds max and that beautiful navy liberator I worked on all those years ago.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »

I was thinking around the 7-10k mark.....I am guessing it is that much because we don't fly in F3 mode....

greatly appreciate the response :salute

If you look carefully at the models in game, the plane surfaces you can see from the cockpit seem to get more polygons.  Which would make sense, look at the leading edge of the wing vs say the horizontal stab. 

I'm trying to remember the model I first noticed this on, I think it was the b-25 if memory serves but it would make sense to spend the extra polygon count of things that could be seen from the cockpit up close.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 06:43:43 AM »
AC3D is the only format (.ac) that is supported out side of the native Aces High default format right now.
1:1 scale yes.

Files built with AC3D can be converted in the Aces High Object editor and used in terrains.
Dale wrote a plugin to make DOF's (degrees of freedom) in AC3D but it's not documented as of yet,
but comes with the content editor download.

AC3D is great for static objects such as buildings, bridges, and such and is pretty easy to learn,
and relatively inexpensive for a 3D content creator.

Perhaps that would make a good topic for another one of my tutorials.

midi
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 06:52:12 AM »
See, any time someone says things like "bridges" in a thread in which the official response is not "we don't coad player objects," I start to get the trembles.

:airplane:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 07:25:46 AM »
AC3D is the only format (.ac) that is supported out side of the native Aces High default format right now.
1:1 scale yes.

Files built with AC3D can be converted in the Aces High Object editor and used in terrains.
Dale wrote a plugin to make DOF's (degrees of freedom) in AC3D but it's not documented as of yet,
but comes with the content editor download.

AC3D is great for static objects such as buildings, bridges, and such and is pretty easy to learn,
and relatively inexpensive for a 3D content creator.

Perhaps that would make a good topic for another one of my tutorials.

midi

I've already been a user of AC3D before, but I'm pretty sure that if HTC uses OpenFlight .FLT format (probably the default, but that's a guess) that 3DS Max will export everything including constraints. Otherwise, AC3D can be a pass-through converter I guess. I can only guess what that would do to constraints. DOF's must be a links constraint of some sort?

Anyway, I have a few more questions about the characters HTC wants to add to the game, but I guess that's for Hitech to answer. He has never said what he has in mind.

I can't get to the content editors right now. Either the links on the HTC site are dodgy, or the locations are non-existent at the moment.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.