Author Topic: Controll of 8 inch guns  (Read 501 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Controll of 8 inch guns
« on: September 25, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
 Since a member with a better rank can seize control of a CV. I think the same should go for Shore Batts and 8 inchers on cruisers. How many times have you seen someone in  shore batt not firing but occupying gun? The one that got my goat was gunner firing on dead cv group  "CV, cruiser dead"  to west while new group engaged from north! You will never guess how that ended!
AkCaine

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Controll of 8 inch guns
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
"Aw, move over, Rover and let Jimi take over."   Hendrix

:aok

+1

:salute
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:24:26 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
Nope.  -1 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »
Since a member with a better rank can seize control of a CV. I think the same should go for Shore Batts and 8 inchers on cruisers. How many times have you seen someone in  shore batt not firing but occupying gun? The one that got my goat was gunner firing on dead cv group  "CV, cruiser dead"  to west while new group engaged from north! You will never guess how that ended!

There would have to be a limit or balance of some sort... What happens if I am gunning in the 8in or SB and someone who is higher rank than me wants to be a jerk and kick me out?  That is about the ONLY thing I can see that would be a problem with this wish.

(For those who are going to say "get a higher rank" I am not consumed by getting "da rankz" or gaming the game. I play to have fun, not to brag to my family/friends that I'm top 10 in a game  :rolleyes: )

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
I'd prefer to allow a player take over an auto gun if they should so feel inclined

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:58 AM »
+1

And, for proper use of heavy guns I think the aiming should be controlled by aircraft. We all know that adjusted fire and fire for effect was controlled by forward observers flying around in Storches, King Fishers, TBMs, etc. I think that should be enabled in some functional way.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton