Author Topic: Tank Town Idea  (Read 1024 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tank Town Idea
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »
I understand the ground dudes don't like being egged but what I don't understand is what is the point of just shooting each other over and over without having a enemy base to capture? Isn't the base the prize for winning the battle?
Making bases uncapturable isn't going to stop guys from bombing GVs. Fighter support, Whirbels, field guns, Ostis and 88s will stop the bomb****s. Use the resources already provided and leave people alone to play their own game.
Lighten up Francis

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
It's dickwads like you guys that cause these kinds of threads to be posted. You really have serious mental issues if your only intention in a game is to grief people.    Hmmmm. I thought the idea of the game was to kill red icons. why don't you go to woft if you cant handle the heat.

There's a difference in killing and griefing.

I understand the ground dudes don't like being egged but what I don't understand is what is the point of just shooting each other over and over without having a enemy base to capture? Isn't the base the prize for winning the battle?
Making bases uncapturable isn't going to stop guys from bombing GVs. Fighter support, Whirbels, field guns, Ostis and 88s will stop the bomb****s. Use the resources already provided and leave people alone to play their own game.

I find little to no joy in base taking unless taking that base opens up a spawn battle on the other side. I'd much rather run around in my M18 shooting panthers and KT's!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 12:16:12 AM »

I find little to no joy in base taking unless taking that base opens up a spawn battle on the other side. I'd much rather run around in my M18 shooting panthers and KT's!
So basically you guys want to furball in tanks ............okay I'll buy that. Carry on  :)
Lighten up Francis

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »
What's the point of having V bases? A bases have gv spawn points. Turn all the V bases into A bases, it will be less wasted airspace and the GV drivers will still have the same spawn points.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »
What's the point of having V bases? A bases have gv spawn points. Turn all the V bases into A bases, it will be less wasted airspace and the GV drivers will still have the same spawn points.

4 hangars is what I would imagine.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »
No need for a seperate hangar for vehicles if you get rid of V bases.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »
It's dickwads like you guys that cause these kinds of threads to be posted. You really have serious mental issues if your only intention in a game is to grief people.

dude we spend an insane amount of time playing a game.  of course we have serous mental issues.  I have certified letters from 3 different doctors to prove it.

that reminds me, what are the blue pills for again?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
It's dickwads like you guys that cause these kinds of threads to be posted. You really have serious mental issues if your only intention in a game is to grief people.

Dickwads, eh?  Just because someone wants to bomb tanks?

Some live for a2a kills, some for g2g kills, some for g2a kills and some for a2g kills.

Me?  I prefer tequila...

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 01:41:47 PM »
In addition to this let's add automated 17 lbers/88's around all types of fields, walking smart mines at spawn points, a force field around all airplanes/vehicles, and a dot command to ask permission of any one with a red icon if it is ok to attack them.   :D

No, let's not.

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »
No need for a seperate hangar for vehicles if you get rid of V bases.

Off topic, but IMHO the other reason for VBases is that it provides some separation between the GVs and the AC.  If you have only air bases, the side with the base has instant ground support, precluding any sort of interesting GV fights.   

MH

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »
I love bombing gvers especially at v85. Set of lancs will fix the spawn campers:)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 02:50:53 PM »

Some live for a2a kills, some for g2g kills, some for g2a kills and some for a2g kills.

Me?  I prefer tequila...

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

Me?  I prefer tequila...

I like them all.  Even the Tequila... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »
Air superiority. If you don't have it your surface forces will suffer at the hands of the side that does have it. War is hell.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »

There is a place you can do this and not get in the way of the win the war types and be free of things like score, eny, etc. it is call.............

The DA
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301