Author Topic: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »
My gut tells me HTC has a better guess at the real reason people leave the game than most of us do, but I agree that burn-out or real life issues probably are bigger reasons than the community changing.
AMAX  in game

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »
I'd just like to add I flew for a few hours this evening after having a bit of time off (R/L has been busy)

Got some kills on Joker
I killed some player ID's I've never even seen before. 
I took some bases
I defended some bases.
I sunk a CV
bomb****ed some GV's  (none of them whined  :( )
Landed some kills,  mocked Zack1234 on range.

4 hours went by like the wind and I enjoyed every sortie.   Only problem was I got zero cheat accusations  :headscratch:

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
i rarly see any smack talking but i dont monitor 200 sometimes you get a PM but if thats the case just squelch him if you dont want to read or hear it. it amazes me that poeple whine so much about smack talking in this game you dont see know where near as much or as harsh of trash talk in AH as you do in other games WoW is one of the worst ones out there and they dont do anything to there players for trash talking no matter how bad it is but if it gets outa hand in AH you can lose text and vox.. egos are in every game and thats not gonna change so grow some thicker skin and dont let them bother your game play
G3-MF

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »
My biggest pet peeve with 200 and the BBS isn't the smack talk or comments at all....I am one of the guys who know there is a difference between real life and the internet and nothing can be taken too seriously. The hypocrits are the ones who annoy me to all end.... just because I'm not a big fan of the I'm more holy then you player base we have(which I believe push a lot of subscribers out)

Hypocrit 1 "Oh you guys can only get a kill 3v1" 2 minutes later gets a kill in a 3v1

Hypocrit 2 "Oh what you said is offensive to women" ....posts "glorification", which can also be offensive to women.

Hypocrit 3 "If it's a gangbang I HO" If your going to complain about someone taking the HO shot at all.....you can't do it ever IMO

Flat out fact people take this game way too seriously possibly because they have been playing too long or the community is a lot smaller then other games. The guys on here talking "smack" that is found as rude or offensive get trumped hard on xbox live or other MMO setups. Literally little kids on COD....craziest most insane imaginations ever.

Your rebuttal to this will be well we have a more mature base and we don't want it to get there but new players are joining and they are coming from those games so it's going to spread a bit. I'll agree it's definitely monitored here well not by just staff by the community as well which will keep it pretty light....it's still going to happen though, and people need to learn it's just the internet.......same argument that made for people running away from a fight....it's not real life, just a game.

Need a Aces High Chive shirt Keep Calm and Fly on

EDIT "Gloification" isn't what I typed lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:17:00 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »
This is a very INteresting thread  :bolt:

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
I'll admit to enjoying the banter on 200, just as much as everyone who tunes in does. I also enjoy baiting the people into saying stupid things (i believe that is trolling in internet slang). Most of the garbage I post on 200 is character related, some of it is out of frustration, but mostly related to my character. It's a game, don;t take it too seriously. I still enjoy playing, even when I get shot down all the time.  :ahand

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »
Ahhhhhh Junky.... 24 years young and so so so dumb.

Your immaturity shows with every post you type. Keep trying sonny!  :old:

:rolleyes:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »
I think it is funny and sad people get their panties in a bunch over something typed on 200...like it makes a bit of difference...

I mean cmon people grow some heart will ya.....

but then again the pussafication of america goes deep.

:rofl :rofl Tell me it aint so!!!!!! :lol  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »
 :rolleyes: I say we ban beefie.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2013, 12:10:19 AM »
Ahhhhhh Junky.... 24 years young and so so so dumb.

Your immaturity shows with every post you type. Keep trying sonny!  :old:

:rolleyes:
You call me out on something you better be infallible on the topic yourself or else you have zero credibility....like a cop who arrests people but breaks the law himself....

Obviously it hit you hard enough that you had to post about "keep trying"....I didn't have to try to read a thread in a furom and find your comment....don't look too deep bud, I'm not out here trying to find stuff to troll you with...that ain't hard. I do think taking internet personas seriously is stupid because 99% of the time you don't know what type of fat lard is sitting behind the screen on the other end. Seems you disagree with that but I personally....don't give a **** because of my belief that this is the internet and I'm not going to lose sleep at night thinking about what people on it think of me.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2013, 02:33:36 AM »
:rolleyes: I say we ban beefie.
Been there a few times, only just back in the forum

I hate the people that PM lies a lot more than 200, i know you can de-tune 200, but i don't like the PMs, i say ban PM to other sides, with the team ok but i am sick of hearing crap in PM, its always a lie and a load of bollocks, the standard crew come in at 20k kill you and on 200 what a champ they are, then you kill them and its the end of the world, with a barrage of BS on private. I play for relaxation and not to have little man syndrome in white on the screen.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2013, 03:56:39 AM »
You are a rarity if you're getting so many nasty PMs. I've been playing this game since early 2006 and can count the nasty PMs I've gotten on one hand. You've posted 3 times in a month and all have been some kind of complaint. First it was the low numbers in the arenas when you're on, and now it's the PMs you're supposedly getting. I think you're nothing more than a whining drama queen looking for attention by stirring trouble up. Why don't you take your own advice and stfu if you don't have anything good to say. Take your personal ingame gripes and put them on film and send them to HTC to take care of the matter. I for one don't give a rat's patoot what or how you feel about arena numbers, PMs or anything else.

You're a pretty weak individual if you can't handle or take care of someone insulting you via text or voice communication. What the hell do you people do when you're insulted in real life at the grocery store or on the job? Shrivel up into a lifeless blob until the evil man goes away?! How about you grow some balls and tell this person that's PMs you what's up and give him back what he's giving? What kind of guy comes here to a public forum crying about "some guy talked mean to me and I want it to stop! waa waa waa" WTF is wrong with you sissy arse people?! Grow some nuts pal and take care of business and leave the rest of us alone with your petty horsec.h.i.t. We ain't your daddy........but if I were, I'd slap you along side your head for being a whining puss.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:59:28 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2013, 04:39:39 AM »
Uptown, you summed it up, its about insulting people, as you prove my point, its why cant people leave their toejam at the door and play nice, its gone down hill over the last few years and its more like a jerry springer show that some people like to make it their life goal to insult people that they do not know, my point was if you have nothing nice to say don't say it.

To sum up your reply, i wouldn't tell HT on people, he should spend more time on the improvement of the game over who said what to whom.
My post are legit, i am worried the game has no players, in yank time maybe people are on but Aussie time its dead and getting worse by the day.
Again the point is there are many on that take away from the game, the toughen up talk is not helping the players, imagine being new and cop a load of crap for anything you do, its off putting, my complaint is that people think they can be a internet tough guy and that's OK, its tough.

I don't cry about what people say to me the point is people PM others toejam they shouldn't and they get off on it to the detriment of the game.
I want the numbers up online with good people, not the numbers down with a ship of fools, as i am sure the games owners do.

Thanks for making my point clear on the level of players and how they talk to others.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:54:16 AM by beefie »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:46 AM »
It's a typical bully tactic to run the mouth and say "It wasn't serious", or the most common bully excuse, " I wouldn't pick on you if I didn't like you". It is serious, if you don't mean it, don't say it. All the excuses the mouths give to "justify" bad behavior is, frankly pathetic. People who do this are harming the game, and causing the loss of new players, especially ones who have some actual maturity. The don't want to hear squeekers running their mouths, and ADULT who ACT LIKE SQUEEKERS doing the same. Act like you have some sense, folks.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2013, 06:07:52 AM »
Just saying, if you take anything over the internet to heart, especially in a video game like AH... You're at fault yourself aswell.... It's the internet, get used to it. For every nice person you meet on the internet there are 3 'bullies' waiting for you on the next forum, so get used to it and learn to use games/forums ignore features if you can't. :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous