Author Topic: Better haptics  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Better haptics
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
I'm gonna have to play with my FFB.  I haven't messed with the sliders since day one with the G940. 

I don't think the return to center works right in the game.  It's super sloppy sitting still and much tighter at speed.  That's always seemed not right to me.   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 11:59:20 PM »
Why isn't there a slider to turn the FLS down?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
 :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
 :rofl OMG shida it deserves it's own wishlist thread.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, 04:16:47 AM »
When you said there were no trim forces I assumed your stick couldn't produce them. I KNEW THAT FROM YOUR OFFER TO SHARE YOUR SETTINGS WITH ME> I haven't tried the porked firmware in 3 years but I INSIST ON BEING A DISTRACTION SINCE MY EGO WAS CRUSHED BY BEING SHOWN WRONG BY A HLBLY. IF I GO AWAY FOREVER there's half HLBLY'S wish granted!  :aok

If you have a slider called "buffet" that adjusts NOTHING, and a slider called "stall" that adjusts AN EFFECT LINKED TO A STALL HORN . YOU HAVE A BUG AND A MISTAKE .
The vibration concurrent with the stall horn was part of the BUG. This is a matter of record not opinion.

Fixed . Quit teasing me .
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:24:38 AM by hlbly »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
If you thought the buffet slider affected the stall buffet then it follows that you'd think it did nothing. The high speed buffet has nothing to do with the stall buffet. The sliders were relabeled to help you understand that. When you dive until the aircraft shakes you are seeing the high speed buffet. When you pull pitch until the aircraft shakes you are seeing the stall buffet.

You could easily confirm that for yourself, since you loaded an old version of Aces High to take a screenshot of the FFB sliders, now that you know what they're supposed to do.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:20:14 PM by FLS »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »
If you thought the buffet slider affected the stall buffet then it follows that you'd think it did nothing. The high speed buffet has nothing to do with the stall buffet. The sliders were relabeled to help you understand that. When you dive until the aircraft shakes you are seeing the high speed buffet. When you pull pitch until the aircraft shakes you are seeing the stall buffet.

You could easily confirm that for yourself, since you loaded an old version of Aces High to take a screenshot of the FFB sliders, now that you know what they're supposed to do.
Thank you so much for this post. Clearly you know you are being less than truthful. This thread the first post tells it all now doesn't it. Please everyone read the first post in thread I am linking. It also gives me the name FLS did not want to reveal. The other pilot that has flown these planes and knows.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,293214.0.html

Baumer is way smarter than me FLS he told you how it should be then ignored you. Another lie exposed can you go away now and quit with the childishness ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:45:33 PM by hlbly »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »
I'm gonna have to play with my FFB.  I haven't messed with the sliders since day one with the G940.  

I don't think the return to center works right in the game.  It's super sloppy sitting still and much tighter at speed.  That's always seemed not right to me.  

I thought that was quite a good feature, in some real planes I have had a go in the stick is slack when there is no airflow over the surfaces. I think that the old warbirds had truly analog control with no auto centering of the stick without airflow. I could be totally wrong though  :lol
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
Thank you so much for this post. Clearly you know you are being less than truthful. This thread the first post tells it all now doesn't it. Please everyone read the first post in thread I am linking. It also gives me the name FLS did not want to reveal. The other pilot that has flown these planes and knows.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,293214.0.html

Baumer is way smarter than me FLS he told you how it should be then ignored you. Another lie exposed can you go away now and quit with the childishness ?

What your link actually shows is the confusion caused by the old slider labels which is why they were renamed. That's why my last comment in that link is that I forgot about the high speed buffet.

You might also note that Baumer and I had a civil conversation.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:26:49 PM by FLS »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »

I thought that was quite a good feature, in some real planes I have had a go in the stick is slack when there is no airflow over the surfaces. I think that the old warbirds had truly analog control with no auto centering of the stick without airflow. I could be totally wrong though  :lol

You're not wrong. The actual position of the stick in flight is set by the trim.  :aok
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:45:52 PM by FLS »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »

I thought that was quite a good feature, in some real planes I have had a go in the stick is slack when there is no airflow over the surfaces. I think that the old warbirds had truly analog control with no auto centering of the stick without airflow. I could be totally wrong though  :lol
Batty AirWarrior had the buffet right. Pebbles rocks boulders.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 08:04:26 PM »
I'm sure man, I wasn't talking about the buffet, just the FFB being slack when the plane is sat motionless on the runway.

I have no right to enter this debate on either side of the main talking point, I didn't even know what haptics was until this thread.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »
The reference was to real warbirds not the game Warbirds.  ;)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »
ahh that is where the confusion came in, sorry HB my phrases was ambiguous, I meant the old planes. I never played Warbirds, AH was the first game of any kind I played with others online

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »
What your link actually shows is the confusion caused by the old slider labels which is why they were renamed. That's why my last comment in that link is that I forgot about the high speed buffet.

A truly heroic piece of goalpost moving in this thread FLS. More winning than Charlie Sheen  :lol

You might also note that Baumer and I had a civil conversation.

Perhaps you didn't patronise him.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0