Author Topic: X-52 Finally Died  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: X-52 Finally Died
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »
My X52 throttle is about 7 years old and I have it twinned with a CH combat stick. The x52 throttle has more functionality than the CH throttle and a full X52 rig costs the same as a CH throttle. So after a few years when the X52 stick starts to test the fidelity of the Hall effect transducers replace just the stick with CH.
Ludere Vincere

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »
i've never had a problem with the x-52 throttle--just the stick--the throttle's are great. :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »
if you want a twisty and already have a throttle then It's a no brainer, get a T16000. Best budget stick ever.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »
How does if feel compared to 3d Pro
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »
How does if feel compared to 3d Pro

the T16000 is a digital (hall sensors) stick, so it's got near perfect precision, even after years. In the aces high control settings you can actually stick to a value from - 65536 to +65536, if your hand is steady the value will be steady. the 3D pro is known to be super imprecise only after a couple months. that said I met very good pilots (DrBone comes to mind) that were using the 3D pro.

the T16000's downsides are imo:

- the 8 way view thingy on top is a bit slippery, I had to dent mine with a knife to improve the grip with the thumb
- I know someone who bought one, and the 3rd axis stopped working pretty quick. Never had a problem with mines, but I don't use the 3rd axis
- the twist can't be locked centered for pedal users
- the spring to keep the stick centered is a bit tense, so prolonged use (5 hours+) can get tiring

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »
I'm still flying mouse.... Joystick was cheap and beat up after DCS-A10C. I have been flying mouse for (most) of my AH addiction... Need a joystick. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,354618.0.html
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 03:02:01 PM »
do they still make the 1600? It seems to be out of stock or "usually ships in XXX" in the places I've looked.
Pies not kicks.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Just started my 11th year in the game last month, and I'm still using my original Saitek X-45 with the Saitek rudder pedals. (Originally had CH pedals, but they started not working properly, so I replaced them with the Saitek version.  I tried the CH stick for awhile a few years ago, but it would not stay calibrated so I went back to my Saitek.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 03:32:23 PM »
do they still make the 1600? It seems to be out of stock or "usually ships in XXX" in the places I've looked.
From the Thrustmaster website "Where to buy" http://www.simw.com/all/t-16000m.html say "yes" for market availability. Who knows?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 10:15:31 PM »
Thanks gents, I am down for the count until my new one comes in. Was flying this am, button un binding, losing calibration in flight, not going through that anymore.  I ordered a x52 , not the pro, was all I could find.  :salute
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »
Thanks gents, I am down for the count until my new one comes in. Was flying this am, button un binding, losing calibration in flight, not going through that anymore.  I ordered a x52 , not the pro, was all I could find.  :salute

lol why ask for opinions then, if you wanted the exact same from the start  :rolleyes:

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »
the T16000 is a digital (hall sensors) stick, so it's got near perfect precision, even after years. In the aces high control settings you can actually stick to a value from - 65536 to +65536, if your hand is steady the value will be steady. the 3D pro is known to be super imprecise only after a couple months. that said I met very good pilots (DrBone comes to mind) that were using the 3D pro.

- the 8 way view thingy on top is a bit slippery, I had to dent mine with a knife to improve the grip with the thumb
- I know someone who bought one, and the 3rd axis stopped working pretty quick. Never had a problem with mines, but I don't use the 3rd axis
- the spring to keep the stick centered is a bit tense, so prolonged use (5 hours+) can get tiring

Was a nice stick, very stable.  But as you say, the rudder started spiking after 2 weeks.

I've had a MSFFB2 for over a year now and its the best stick i've ever used.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 06:52:23 AM »
lol why ask for opinions then, if you wanted the exact same from the start  :rolleyes:

Generally because I trust the people in this forum. There may have been other stick out there in had never heard of, such as the t16000, which I looked at in detail. 

I would have bought the x65, but you seemed not to like it, along with some other folks. So while yes I did end up getting another x52 it was not without careful deliberation on the pros and cons articulated by the participants of this thread, whose input I respect and appreciate. 

The x52 has enough easy to reach button that in either a gv or ac I do not have to touch the keyboard, which is a huge factor for me and the primary reason why I bought another. I liked the thrustmaster, but not a twisty and having tried and failed miserably (in fact gave them to a fellow ahr) wit rudder peddles, it was not an option.

Again thanks all.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 07:16:11 AM »
My microsoft stick is 15 years old.  :neener:
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 07:19:09 AM »

Those very good pilots were probably talking about the microsoft 3d pro, not the saitek 3d pro. The microsoft simply doesn't spike, best X and Y axis ever marketed, like I said, 15 years and I've never calibrated it. I've bought much more expensive sticks but I always go back to the ms sidewinder, in the case of the x45 I went back the same day. I've been telling myself for years that when my ms wears out I'm going to buy CH, damn thing won't wear out. When it comes to flight sim gear, manufacturers think we are idiots, you definitely don't get what you pay for. Most gaming gear is designed to fail. I've yet to find a headset that will last a whole year, and my last 3 were $100+ headsets.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:32:51 AM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck