Author Topic: whats it about  (Read 801 times)

Offline Jonfunky

• Zinc Member
whats it about
« on: November 30, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
 Yea hi am new trying to run AH . Yea ave tried earlier versions 1.11 and 2.12 and they worked fine?  but wen try new version  the graphics are not right ?  any answers pls 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: whats it about
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
It would help to know what you mean by "not right"...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
As you get toward the newer versions of the game they add more and more graphics which also makes your computer work harder and harder. The game will automatically try to turn down the graphics to get the game playable on your computer. Maybe your computer isn't very strong and it is turned down.

List your dxdiag here and we can tell better.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 04:46:33 AM »
As you get toward the newer versions of the game they add more and more graphics which also makes your computer work harder and harder. The game will automatically try to turn down the graphics to get the game playable on your computer. Maybe your computer isn't very strong and it is turned down.

List your dxdiag here and we can tell better.
+1

I'd also like to add that a) if you're trying to play with the same computer you used for 1.11 the requirements have gone up quite a lot, a little less from 2.12 but yet significantly. b) if you have a new computer, even that doesn't guarantee it would meet the requirements for full graphics gameplay. Unfortunately many basic computers have something like "enhanced gaming experience" in their marketing sheets, but more often than not "gaming" means Tetris and PacMan, maybe even Wolfenstein or Doom at the best. Although AH is easier to the computer than many of the current titles, especially full graphics still crave for a real gaming oriented computer instead of some K-mart take-away intended for e-mailing and banking, YouTube being the hardest challenge for graphics.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:20:18 AM »
A DXDIAG output would be helpful.  Also, a more detailed description of the problem would be beneficial as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Jonfunky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
 Yea right try to explain  when start AH   am at the tower and  the graphics are loading slowly and then some textures r not there but like said earlier versions worked  and thanks for answers 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 06:04:30 AM »
If you can send me a DXDIAG output, I can probably figure this one out.  It sounds like a resource issue, which usually can be mitigated with some game settings changes.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:28:06 AM »
If you can send me a DXDIAG output, I can probably figure this one out.  It sounds like a resource issue, which usually can be mitigated with some game settings changes.

Skuzzy I suggest you find away through a standard blurb or link to explain what a DXDIAG output is and how to do it when you are others suggest to post a DXDIAG output.  Asking a player who is not computer savvy to post a DXDIAG output is a real turnoff.  Makes you feel kind of dumb like everyone should know how to get a DXDIAG output.  Most don't.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »
It is posted in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Jonfunky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »
  Yea that's right am not a pc expert ?    so  email DXDIAG ? 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 06:30:26 AM »
You can email it, or you can post it here.  If you post it here, you will need to cut it into different posts as there is too much information in the text file (dxdiag.txt) to place in one post. 

If you post it, all that is needed is the sections containing the computer, video, and sound sections.  If there is something suspect from that, then I might need the entire thing via email.

Posting it allows it to be viewed, even when we are closed, like we are now, due to the weather.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Jonfunky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
 Yea just aint got it working yet ?  am not a pc expert so how u  post DXDIAG ? and who u post it to ? 

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Yea just aint got it working yet ?  am not a pc expert so how u  post DXDIAG ? and who u post it to ? 
try not using phone texting language first...then click on the link Skuzzy provided and read the instructions.

It is posted in the sticky at the top of this forum.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett