Author Topic: Lowered my Download speed and I think I'm getting better game play  (Read 430 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
After much thinking and after buying a new Ford Escape. I think someone should pay for it. So I picked AT&T for that. Cut my Uverse and lowered my download speed. Looks like I"m getting better game play for some reason. Also saved myself over $100 a month. That is even after subscribing to Netflix. Well have to watch something on my Big Screen.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: Lowered my Download speed and I think I'm getting better game play
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
After much thinking and after buying a new Ford Escape. I think someone should pay for it. So I picked AT&T for that. Cut my Uverse and lowered my download speed. Looks like I"m getting better game play for some reason. Also saved myself over $100 a month. That is even after subscribing to Netflix. Well have to watch something on my Big Screen.

Lowering the bandwith can mean improving your modem's synchronization to the DSLAM if you are on xDSL to access the internet. If the bandwith is set too high in regard of the signal's quality at your location it can result in massive packet loss.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:57:44 PM by SirNuke »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:08:53 AM »
That and things like DirectTV, xbox and many others are moving information back and forth over the internet you might not be aware of outside of your chosen downloads.  Of course then there is MS.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:49:22 AM »
Lowering the bandwith can mean improving your modem's synchronization to the DSLAM if you are on xDSL to access the internet. If the bandwith is set too high in regard of the signal's quality at your location it can result in massive packet loss.

Yup I once lost internet connection totally when the ISP doubled my connection free of charge. Too bad nobody bothered to check if my s/n ratio could take it. End result was that the modem couldn't handshake at all and stayed offline.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone