Author Topic: Fighting  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighting
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
I know. Horrible. Even after Triton told me what to say and how to say it.
Rather than review the experience how do you suggest everyone proceed?

:)

I don't, but seems silly and hypocritical to state someone failed to contribute positively to the thread when you are guilty as well. Just an observation..

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
 For the record,my friend shifty is NOT a trainer,he is a CM and as for Changeup not making it as a trainer,well thats news to me because the trainers havent considered adding to the roster for several years now so I dont see how he could have been turned down.

If you cant get your fact right why even bother to say anything.

:salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Just reread all 18 pages and no one contributed to the topic after a couple of pages, including you.

After some reflection, it's clear Arlo is bitter.  Poor guy.  I think he's insanely jealous he's not on my call and PM list.  It's all I can figure but my dang shins are raw from all this humping he's doing.  He humped my leg so hard, Bluberry, INK, Triton  and Bear felt it. 

Since Triton mentioned in yesterday's installment of Arlo-goes-BBS Arlo, old Arlo attempted to get some stick time cred and failed miserably, it is sure to follow that he's only capable of thread derailments...oh and arranging museum meetings...and pic posting....and using the same, tired jokes expecting more laughs than they got originally which was 2.

Type on Arlo.  You've made it clear that what others think affect you by your minute by minute responses.  We all continue to do it because we have a bet on who can make YOU their little BBS puppet.  So far, Bear is winning and your condescending phrases like "old friend" give him bonus points.

Carry on Arlo-the-Puppet
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »
For the record,my friend shifty is NOT a trainer,he is a CM and as for Changeup not making it as a trainer,well thats news to me because the trainers havent considered adding to the roster for several years now so I dont see how he could have been turned down.

Thanks Morph.  I can't remember how long ago that was but Rolex was the interviewer.  It was a while back. 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »
I don't, but seems silly and hypocritical to state someone failed to contribute positively to the thread when you are guilty as well. Just an observation..

If you noticed, I didn't say BluBerry didn't 'positively contribute' anything. What I said
was he didn't remind us all about his contribution and what page it was on. His 'further
contributions' are still yet to materialize.

I consider you one of my AH friends. You feel that this thread was both legitimate and
warranted, it seems. Had it been authored by just about anyone but Changeup, I may
have given ion to the former but probably still not the latter (and I may have left Tommy
Lee out of it and not gotten his goat*). So. Seriously now. What do you want, my friend?

(*It didn't strike you how remarkably easily he twisted when I merely challenged his motive?)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
i commented because i thought this thread was going to be helpful. but of course, some desperate for attention troll has to jump in and screw it up, just to be a dick. its the same thing for nearly every single thread on this forum. same people every single time too. these same people live to flame in the forum and in game. you cant say a damn thing without getting flamed and dogpiled. you cant have a serious talk without the flamers jumping in with the sole intent of derailing the whole talk. how you people get any satisfaction out of disrupting, satisfaction out of needling people just to get them aggravated, is pathetic and says a lot about your character and lack of character. if the game dies, imo, it'll be bc of the so called vets and the tone theyve set for the game with the flaming and elitism retardation.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2014, 04:24:36 PM »
You feel that this thread was both legitimate and
warranted, it seems. Had it been authored by just about anyone but Changeup, I may
have given ion to the former but probably still not the latter...

So this is an admission that you're a changeup fixated, mentally challenged troll?  
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »

The lovely chap batfink aka mechanic was added to the roster last year or possibly late the year before.

That was probably the same time Changeup was turned down I guess? At the same time as his best friend pervert  :old:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »
After some reflection, it's clear Arlo is bitter.  Poor guy.  I think he's insanely jealous he's not on my call and PM list.  It's all I can figure but my dang shins are raw from all this humping he's doing.  He humped my leg so hard, Bluberry, INK, Triton  and Bear felt it.  

Since Triton mentioned in yesterday's installment of Arlo-goes-BBS Arlo, old Arlo attempted to get some stick time cred and failed miserably, it is sure to follow that he's only capable of thread derailments...oh and arranging museum meetings...and pic posting....and using the same, tired jokes expecting more laughs than they got originally which was 2.

Type on Arlo.  You've made it clear that what others think affect you by your minute by minute responses.  We all continue to do it because we have a bet on who can make YOU their little BBS puppet.  So far, Bear is winning and your condescending phrases like "old friend" give him bonus points.

Carry on Arlo-the-Puppet

I dunno, man. You seem a bit bitter your-own-self. And what cred do you speak of, specifically? You asserted I don't fly. Seems you were wrong. You presume I don't fly the way you'd like. Seems you're wrong there, as well. Now it's about skill and stats? Boy has this thread revealed itself. Pic posting? As if you haven't posted your fair share of inane pic-ery.  ;) Thread derailment? You sure seem incapable of staying on the track of your own. Tired jokes? Meh. If they bother you then the best thing you could probably do is not act like they bother you so much.

And .... does it bother you that Bear and I are old AH buddies for some reason? You may not be aware but he hasn't succumbed to childish immaturity. I think you would be aware if you were capable yourself.  :)

P.S. Claiming someone is 'jealous' of you in public is a psychological give-away, btw. I know what you want. Unfortunately, you want it too much. If you knew how to really incite envy in me, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.  :aok
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:34:32 PM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »
So this is an admission that you're a changeup fixated, mentally challenged troll?  

No. It actually reflects that I've seen this song and dance before by Changeup.

The only thing he cares about, when it comes to the AH community, is parading
himself for adoration. I don't think there's a single soul, in or out of the game,
that has managed to impress me doing such. If anything, it knocks their own
feet out from under them when they reveal such a personality.

Now. Has he proven me wrong? Have you? Both of you got twisted about it in
record time. And both of you seem entirely oblivious to how easy it would have
been to prove me wrong.

:salute Way to go.  :D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2014, 04:36:53 PM »
No. It actually reflects that I've seen this song and dance before by Changeup.

The only thing he cares about, when it comes to the AH community, is parading
himself for adoration. I don't think there's a single soul, in or out of the game,
that has managed to impress me doing such. If anything, it knocks their own
feet out from under them when they reveal such a personality.

Now. Has he proven me wrong? Have you? Both of you got twisted about it in
record time. And both of you seem entirely oblivious to how easy it would have
been to prove me wrong.

:salute Way to go.  :D

you are fully capable of thinking what you want.....but I must say you are wrong on this one.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
i commented because i thought this thread was going to be helpful. but of course, some desperate for attention troll has to jump in and screw it up, just to be a dick. its the same thing for nearly every single thread on this forum. same people every single time too. these same people live to flame in the forum and in game. you cant say a damn thing without getting flamed and dogpiled. you cant have a serious talk without the flamers jumping in with the sole intent of derailing the whole talk. how you people get any satisfaction out of disrupting, satisfaction out of needling people just to get them aggravated, is pathetic and says a lot about your character and lack of character. if the game dies, imo, it'll be bc of the so called vets and the tone theyve set for the game with the flaming and elitism retardation.

It's intent was to be helpful.  I asked a question that some Muppets and non Muppets have been asking each other and I decided to post it.  Thank you for your input.   I apologize for it turning into this because it's intent was never to troll or look at anyone.  Just to get opinions so we, the people who happened to talk about it, would see others motivations and understand them.   Maybe even try them for a tour or more.  Sometimes the game grows very stale and others peoples perspectives change other peoples motivation or vv. 

It certainly was never to question someone's gameplay or try to correct it or save the game.  The game doesn't need saving....but certain players do.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2014, 04:41:44 PM »
I have spoken via PM and via telephone lately to a number of folks that play the game.   Almost all of these folks won't skip a fight no matter the planes involved or the advantage or disadvantage.  They're typically categorized as old timers I guess. Yes, there are plenty of newer folks that will fight, no doubt.  Plenty of GV fights...Lordy Lordy those guys get it on, seriously.  But regarding the air, we wanted to ask the community.

Here is our multiple choice question for the community:

Why don't more players stay in an aerial fight during gameplay in any aerial situation?

A.  Fighting to the death isn't as fun as landing kills of any kind

B.  They don't really have the personal time to learn enough ACM to get themselves out of pickles of any size but still love flying and competing

C.  Too much ego-bashing and bullying on 200 the times they DID stay and fight but lost and then had to hear about it for an hour

D.  Love to have a great score.  This is a reason BTW and it really shouldn't be harassed.  If it wasn't, there wouldn't be scoring in the first place

E.  This is how they learned the game from the start.  Hittum and forget um

F.   Pilot wound.

G.  Winchester.

H.  Bingo.

I.  An important interruption in real life. You know ... the other side of the computer screen.

J.  A call for assistance (they were in a position to disengage and render)

There are other reasons obviously but these came up so I thought I'd ask you.   In an attempt and changing some gameplay and maybe even some attitudes about the fight to help keep people we already have and to keep new folks interested in getting better.

Given some of those other reasons (provided by me), the perceived issue is even more complex that originally presented. I hope the added specifics also further highlight how one shouldn't fixate on whether the other player lives up to the 'character' one pretends to have and make a big deal about on the AH forum.

Nothing broken. No whine required.  :D :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2014, 04:43:20 PM »
you are fully capable of thinking what you want.....but I must say you are wrong on this one.

Ink, your opinion is 100% valid when it comes to your perspective. I wouldn't dream of dissuading you.

:salute :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
The game doesn't need saving....but certain players do.

Not buying what you're proselytizing. The players aren't broke, either.