Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34135 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 08:03:20 PM »
You can begin to set up your merge as soon as you're in icon range which means you'll probably want some seperation, either vertically or horizontally, prior to crossing the 3/9 line.

As Dolby stated, if you don't cross the 3/9 line you haven't merged.

Lots of merge styles play into this....premature angles, separation, etc.  Best get a ruling on this now because there is some early vertical mergestyles that never truly cross the 3-9 line.  Just sayin because it happens a lot.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »
Lots of merge styles play into this....premature angles, separation, etc.  Best get a ruling on this now because there is some early vertical mergestyles that never truly cross the 3-9 line.  Just sayin because it happens a lot.

These are the rules:

- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
These are the rules:

- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.

Perfect

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »
Our first round:

1.  68Raptor - 190A8
2.  Lemmy - 109F
3.  68Raptor - Spit 8
4.  68Raptor - P51B
5.  68Raptor - P40N

<S>  had a blast!
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
That was fun Lemmy!!!  :salute
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 08:21:07 AM »
So if I see a guy who already is nearly 90 degrees to merge and clearly won't make the merge, what do I do?

Do I also turn sharply such that the merge never occurs and we go to film to decide who is at greater fault at making it a "non-merge"?

If the opponent has turned early and clearly won't make the merge, is it my job to sacrifice position to ensure the merge happens by flying straight?

If you want the fights to truly be fair and lessen the chance of argument, we could require a straight HO merge with a requirement that no break occurs until the 3,9 line is crossed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:25:30 AM by icepac »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 08:30:33 AM »
So if I see a guy who already is nearly 90 degrees to merge and clearly won't make the merge, what do I do?

Do I also turn sharply such that the merge never occurs and we go to film to decide who is at greater fault at making it a "non-merge"?

If the opponent has turned early and clearly won't make the merge, is it my job to sacrifice position to ensure the merge happens by flying straight?

If you want the fights to truly be fair and lessen the chance of argument, we could require a straight HO merge with a requirement that no break occurs until the 3,9 line is crossed.

Chop throttle lol

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »

You will be facing either myself or Ratio and I am quite confident you will see a good 3/9 merge no matter which of us you end up fighting.  You are over-thinking it Sir.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

You're over anylizing this.  It hasn't been a problem in ten tournaments.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
Auger, check your PMs.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »
These are the rules:

- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.

The "merge" has occurred once you are in icon range and at 7500 feet.

This means you don't have to be at 7500 feet at the point your planes actually pass each other.

It's clear to me now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:15:23 AM by icepac »

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
Boo v 4Fox

109E4  Boo
Spit9  4Fox
PonyD  4fox
190A5  4Fox

Good luck in the tourney.  :salute

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
These questions that icepac are asking are making worried.  :uhoh

You have been on the game for 3+ years you should know what a merge is. Once you have passed each other the merge has been completed. Anything goes after that.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:36 AM »
That was fun Lemmy!!!  :salute

Big fun!  I wouldn't be adverse to a rematch in the future!  <S>
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 11:52:55 AM »
These are the rules:

Yup...I thought these were kinda easy to follow.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)