Author Topic: Boom goes my tank...hit from behind a stand of trees  (Read 1101 times)

Online Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Boom goes my tank...hit from behind a stand of trees
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »
He is just better than you.

Get over it.

Get over what? I didn't post a rank, I asked two questions.

Honestly people, if you can't add anything positive to this or other such topics, move on.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 02:57:57 PM »
Heres what I suspect is happening:

When hes if firing at you, he is far enough from the trees that the shell's trajectory reaches is apogee long before it gets close to the tree line, and has fallen sufficiently to allow it to pass below the branches.

But when you fire, you are close enough to the tree that your shell's trajectory is at or near its apogee at the point where it crosses the tree line, thus blocking you from returning fire.

99.9% of all "BS, he shot through the trees!!!!" whines are caused by this.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 03:00:56 PM »
From what I've seen with trees, the entire tree isn't a barrier to shells.  There are spots near the bottom where the shot will go through them.  Around the trunk and maybe a few branches will stop the shells, but if you go low enough or possibly to the sides, there seems to me to be areas where the shell gets through if it's far enough away from the solid parts.

The branches seem to be the barrier, the leaves just seem to me to be concealment, not cover.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »

When hes if firing at you, he is far enough from the trees that the shell's trajectory reaches is apogee long before it gets close to the tree line, and has fallen sufficiently to allow it to pass below the branches.

(Image removed from quote.)

But when you fire, you are close enough to the tree that your shell's trajectory is at or near its apogee at the point where it crosses the tree line, thus blocking you from returning fire.

i was just about do say that because i have done the same shooting at a angle where the shell able to pass under the tree and hit said gv
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
funny I used to farm gblade long ago, he must of gotten better to pin point at a distance, nice work gblade!
JG 52

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 04:34:10 PM »

Thanks Tank Ace...makes perfect sense now.  :salute

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
Looking at the reponses i see that u guys doesn't have brains of a genuine pig to graps that we r talking about angles that other player should not have any vis.
Pot meet kettle. An English Teacher would have a field day with this :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline ePIC

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 05:13:41 PM »
Im usually on the losing side, but i got film of me hitting a T34/85's direct frontal armor with a 37mm  M8 AFV. The T34 exploded, I immediately apologized on 200. The apology reduced the cheating comments significantly.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
I see a bad thread rising  :bolt:

On a serious note, Max, I have noticed some of the same things in my recent return to the GV world.  I was marking it as my lack of knowledge (that should read "haven't GV'ed seriously in about 3 years").  But the most absurd thing I've run across is the 88's being used to shell the bases on the center island on ozkansas (I think that's the name of the map).

#S#

Josh

That is truly absurd.

I have posted films of the 88s being fired over a base with them blowing up in AA mode a mile past the base yet every object they fly directly over registers a hit so you see ack blowing up as the shells fly thousands of feet overhead and exploding a mile away.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 06:46:51 PM »
That is truly absurd.

I have posted films of the 88s being fired over a base with them blowing up in AA mode a mile past the base yet every object they fly directly over registers a hit so you see ack blowing up as the shells fly thousands of feet overhead and exploding a mile away.

It's just a visual thing, you see the same when tanks fire at objects or other vehicles.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 06:54:28 PM »
You are close to or in the trees you cant see out, foliage and tree trunks are close together, he has distance from the trees, tree trunks and foliage are spread out and  and can see in[line of sight], he may not see the whole tank but just enough to land a shot. Take notice of friendly's driving behind trees and soon you will see an opening for a shot, most of the pm's I get when gv'ing are how did you hit me trough the trees, simple answer I seen ya  :t

A GVer that is a good shot can send a round trough a clump of trees no problem. Gblade my guess was in a T-34 and the HVAP round can hit a postage stamp at 1k out.

Offline yb3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »
My T-34 is approaching the enemy GV base. I spot a bad guy tank in the distance and run for cover behind a grouping of trees. BOOM! he nails me. This is a pretty good tanker...GBlade. So he see's me while I can't see him and shoots thru the leaves & branches. Any time I do that, the shells ricochet off the leaves. What am I missing here?

Hello.
Not sure how deep you were in the tree`s or how many tree`s were in the way of the shot. But some part of your tank must have been visible or he would not have shot in the first place.

There are times when an EM GV is hiding in the tree`s you can get an some type of angle to shot but if you were 20ft to the right or left that shot may hit leaves or the tree. That can also change with the type of round what is fired maybe A round from a Panza or say a t34 hvap round to Tiger 2 round all about angles flight and range of the shot how far it needs to travel.
YB3
**Bad bellybutton Killers**

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Pot meet kettle. An English Teacher would have a field day with this :aok

:cheers: Oz

Hot Coffee is very intelligent. It's just he  is from the Greece area.

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
My T-34 is approaching the enemy GV base. I spot a bad guy tank in the distance and run for cover behind a grouping of trees. BOOM! he nails me. This is a pretty good tanker...GBlade. So he see's me while I can't see him and shoots thru the leaves & branches. Any time I do that, the shells ricochet off the leaves. What am I missing here?

You think its bad now....just wait till the new grapix terrain comes out. You will look back and see nothing. I can't wait.  :aok :aok
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works