Author Topic: Boom goes my tank...hit from behind a stand of trees  (Read 1102 times)

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boom goes my tank...hit from behind a stand of trees
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 09:27:19 PM »
Looking at the reponses i see that u guys doesn't have brains of a genuine pig to graps that we r talking about angles that other player should not have any vis.

Says someone who cannot spell properly  :rolleyes:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »
I've killed dozens of guys hiding in the trees and been killed by dozens more.  If you can see any little part of the tank and have the right shell trajectory you can either work it in under the lower branches or sometimes through between the tree trunks.

One thing I like to do if hiding in the trees myself is to switch to the lowest position I can get into then look around so I know where potential rounds could come from.  The hull position in most tanks works then raise your head through the hatch and above the hull to look around.

The Jeep is a good vehicle to use to see this.  Drive into a stand of trees then check out the difference between the drivers and gunners positions.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 07:05:49 AM »
Which brings up a question. When in a tank I normally sit in the top observer position and aim/shoot from there. I take it there's an advantage to be looking through the turret sight. Yes? And is there an advantage when tanking to have view mode set to F4 ground vis? Silly questions perhaps but I'm rarely in a tank fighting other GV's

Thanks for the helpful responses.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 07:16:48 AM »
We used to have driver's view? Can we please get that back so we have both?  :pray
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 07:19:48 AM »
Which brings up a question. When in a tank I normally sit in the top observer position and aim/shoot from there. I take it there's an advantage to be looking through the turret sight. Yes?

Ranging marks (in case of German tanks an adjustable gunsight with a great range finder functionality) and depending on tank a much better magnification

Panther, commander view of a medium distance tank

Panther, main gunsight view of the same target:

And is there an advantage when tanking to have view mode set to F4 ground vis? Silly questions perhaps but I'm rarely in a tank fighting other GV's

You can see the ground details farther out. When engaging ground targets, use ground vis.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »
 :salute

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 07:23:11 AM »
There is a big difference between commanders view and gunners view.  I for one can't hit crap unless I'm in gunner.  The downside is the lack of view, but since I started playing this game in a tanking squad 10 years ago I'm used to it since the commanders view is new.

I miss drivers view.  :cry
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »
We used to have driver's view? Can we please get that back so we have both?  :pray

Extremely unlikely. All newer GV would have to get interior views created, which adds a lot of work for them them at basically no gain. Likewise, it would also increase the workload when creating new GV's for AH.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 07:41:39 AM »
 The downside is the lack of view

Which is why I never found myself comfortable in the turret view...that and the white haze (in some tanks)...my eyes are crap.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
Which is why I never found myself comfortable in the turret view...that and the white haze (in some tanks)...my eyes are crap.

Don't get stuck in the turret view. Use commander to scan the area (and maybe to shoot at point blank targets), use turret view for shooting (or to scan for targets at great distances only, if using a tank with higher magnification gunsight)

White haze?... what tank do you usually hop in?

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »
T-34-76.

Just went offline and tried turret position in a few others little or no haze. I also tried F4 ground vis from both observer and turret positions on the T-34 and Panzer IV. I cannot detect any difference in views apart from standard full view mode. Is that a result of my vid card?

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
Looking at the reponses i see that u guys doesn't have brains of a genuine pig to graps that we r talking about angles that other player should not have any vis.

Looking at your response it appears you don't possess brains enough to write ledgible English, or make even a small vestige of contribution to what was a legitimate question. :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 08:00:41 AM »
T-34-76.

Just went offline and tried turret position in a few others little or no haze. I also tried F4 ground vis from both observer and turret positions on the T-34 and Panzer IV. I cannot detect any difference in views apart from standard full view mode. Is that a result of my vid card?

The Russian gunsights are of a lesser quality. If you find that haze too distracting, consider using the Panzer IV as a free tank or M4(76) as a lightly perked one. The M4(76) also offers the advantage of having a somewhat higher magnification.
If playing in any arena other than EW, the T-34/76 is a difficult tank to have success in for the casual tanker anyway.

Ground view comes into play at longer distances. Look at dsome distant hills and check ground vs standard view again. You should see trees showing up with ground view which you didn't see before.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 08:10:30 AM »
It's just a visual thing, you see the same when tanks fire at objects or other vehicles.

ack-ack

You are incorrect.

I have tested this by firing shells in which I can see the tracer pass far over the base and the acks blow up as the shells pass over them.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »

Ground view comes into play at longer distances. Look at dsome distant hills and check ground vs standard view again. You should see trees showing up with ground view which you didn't see before.

There's no change...really :D I have my detail sliders set far left in prefs. Would that make a difference?