Author Topic: Boom goes my tank...hit from behind a stand of trees  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Boom goes my tank...hit from behind a stand of trees
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:18 AM »
There's no change...really :D I have my detail sliders set far left in prefs. Would that make a difference?

Oh, in that case, both modes do not make a difference for ground terrain objects. I'm not 100% sure if it includes spotting vehicles, though.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »
The best way to find out how to shoot thru trees and other handy tips and tricks is to get with me, I'll show how and why as well as how to!
The second best way is to watch for a tank on the other side of the trees. Shoot at him with your machine gun, move the gun back and fourth watching the hit sprites, some will hit the tank, ( between the trees) and some will hit the trees, once you've done that you will be able to see where to fire your round,,,,  also, depending on the range,, your gun doesn't fire in the same exact line your sight sees, this is important when you are really close to the target.
I'm available for training Mondays wensdays  and Fridays  or anytime you see me in game,, just drop me a pm and we can go to the TA ,  there are Lots of tips and tricks to tanking and I'll be happy to show you all I know!
Flying since tour 71.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
PM sent  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »
He may not have been in shift-f4 mode, thus he would only see trees that are near him. I've had friendly GV's rant at me while I'm parked in a house asking me why I can't see the nme gv right near me. They are too far away to see the house, they just see my tank sitting in the open, so they just think I'm blind or dumb or something. They don't see that me and the bad guy can't see each other because there's a wall between us.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »
I see a bad thread rising  :bolt:

On a serious note, Max, I have noticed some of the same things in my recent return to the GV world.  I was marking it as my lack of knowledge (that should read "haven't GV'ed seriously in about 3 years").  But the most absurd thing I've run across is the 88's being used to shell the bases on the center island on ozkansas (I think that's the name of the map).

#S#

Josh

Are you sure it's the 88s? If so, you can learn fairly quickly how to kill the 88s at the adjoining base without ever leaving your field.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.