Author Topic: An Intruder last night….  (Read 3717 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
An Intruder last night….
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »
The wife was in town getting her hair done so I was getting some quality time playing Aces High when the dog lets out her "I'm concerned, I think I heard something" woof.  I live at the end of a street, semi-rural area.  I can look out from the computer room to see the front gate (yard is fenced) and one of the greenhouses on the property.  When I take a peek I see the door on the greenhouse is open.  Crap.

Slip the boots and jacket on, grab the M4 and the phone and the dog and I go check it out to find some amazinhunk sorting through the wife's bottle collection!  He was so intent looking through things he never saw or heard me coming.

I ask him what he's doing, he replies matter of fact like "Just looking around".

I respond with you're on my property, in my greenhouse…wtf are you doing here?  I said it um, firmly.  I've got the carbine at low ready, I'm old, ugly, I have pneumonia at present, I haven't shaved in a week and was using my best "I'm gonna mess you up" scowl.

He replied "Chill dude!  No need to get all excited ya know." and he stepped toward me.

Really?  Sometimes I really wish I lived in Texas.  :)

I stepped back from the door, clicked the safety off and told him to "get the f&% off my property, if you come back I will shoot you"…the dog added a deep "Woof!" as an exclamation point.  I gave him room to exit, he did and the whole time was giving me crap about what an a hole I am.

Frankly, the guy looked a bit whacko.  Didn't seem high or drunk…just bat poop crazy.  If someone confronted me while holding a gun I'd be a bit diplomatic in my dealings with them, not chipping my teeth the whole time.

This is twice now in a couple years I've run people off that were prowling around the property, just ordered a motion detector system to cover the approaches.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
Re: An Intruder last night….
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »
I hope you also called the cops after. 

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »
Oh yeah, that's why I took the phone with me.  Normally I would have kept him there until the PD arrived…but this guy was whacko, I would have had to fight him…not worth the risk.  PD got there quick , didn't find him but the officer I talked to thinks he might know who it is.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »
Rock salt, dude... He'll think twice next time! :aok
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 03:23:27 PM »
Simple motion detector lights will add some deterrent and easy to install.  I use large dogs too.  Several of them.

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:29:44 PM »
in my state the 'wacko' could sue you for brandishing.
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
in my state the 'wacko' could sue you for brandishing.

Because you live in a wacko state.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
Because you live in a wacko state.

+1
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
well you handled the situation safely and nothing was stolen, but dam I have such anger towards thieves too bad you couldn't beat some sense into the guy. Really he was swearing at you while trespassing and at gun point?...the nerve of some people.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:04:55 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »
You should have shot him :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »
You should have shot him :old:

some states are so bellybutton backwards I've heard stories of people attempting to break in and falling through the roof, the would be burglar then sues the owners. Even in the event of shooting a burglar if he does not die he can then come back and sue the owner. Personally in a ideal situation I'd like to beat a burglar so brain dead he couldn't tell the difference between night and a can of sphaggetti o's. good luck suing me then. errr I've been robbed, but never been in the house while they did it. burglars make me :mad:
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
some states are so bellybutton backwards I've heard stories of people attempting to break in and falling through the roof, the would be burglar then sues the owners. Even in the event of shooting a burglar if he does not die he can then come back and sue the owner. Personally in a ideal situation I'd like to beat a burglar so brain dead he couldn't tell the difference between night and a can of sphaggetti o's. good luck suing me then. errr I've been robbed, but never been in the house while they did it. burglars make me :mad:

I know a guy doing life in prison for killing a burglar at 3 am in his own house....

he confronted the burglar and a fight broke out he grabbed a steak knife and killed the guy....

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:46:30 PM by mthrockmor »
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 04:50:13 PM »
Sounds like a crack or meth head.  In the future, have 911 on the phone so all you have to do is push dial when you confirm a suspect is present.

My bet is that he'll be back.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member