Author Topic: Perked Ordinance idea twist and Plane Loadout Settings  (Read 905 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Perked Ordinance idea twist and Plane Loadout Settings
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
I would welcome a perk deposit on ordinance but not a perk price.

For me the usage of perks should be to deter suicide bombers such that they eventually use up all their bomber perks ( and so be limited to lower levels of ordinance) if they continually did not bring the aircraft back.

The deposits for bombs should be bomber perks ( in the absence of attack perks) not fighter perks.

Effectively the bombs are free but you are paying a deposit to have the aircraft rigged to carry them.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »
I would welcome a perk deposit on ordinance but not a perk price.

For me the usage of perks should be to deter suicide bombers such that they eventually use up all their bomber perks ( and so be limited to lower levels of ordinance) if they continually did not bring the aircraft back.

The deposits for bombs should be bomber perks ( in the absence of attack perks) not fighter perks.

Effectively the bombs are free but you are paying a deposit to have the aircraft rigged to carry them.

Of course the perks used in a category would come out of that respective category.  So if it's an unusual/rarely used loadout for a fighter, it comes out of your fighter perks. 

Interesting idea on the bombers, my opinion has changed some on the bomber perspective for my first post, however, having a slight penalty for not landing any of your three bombers, would be a fair reason not to 'bomb and bail'. Although there are many who would say this isn't an issue, I am one of the (supposed minority) players who encounters it quite often, and I find this a possible solution.

As for bombers paying to carry bombs, like I said in the first post, I wasn't sure on it, because the cost of the bombs would be quite high, almost that of a B29 now.. and of course no noob will be getting into them, if this was to happen.

Will think more on the matter, but very good input. I like the constructive criticism.

:aok
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »
I really do not like the idea of using fighter perks to load bombs.......

The perks to load bombs should come from missions that earn them IMO........
Ludere Vincere

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
I really do not like the idea of using fighter perks to load bombs.......

The perks to load bombs should come from missions that earn them IMO........

Honestly, we should get rid of fighter, attack, vehicle and bomber perks and just make a single universal perk pool but that is an entirely different wish.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:04 PM »
Honestly, we should get rid of fighter, attack, vehicle and bomber perks and just make a single universal perk pool but that is an entirely different wish.

ack-ack

I have thought about that, care to make a new wish so we can discuss it? 

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »
And why do you want to drive paying customers out of our game?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »
And why do you want to drive paying customers out of our game?

What would drive paying customers out of the game?  Perked ordnance options or having a universal perk pool instead of the 3 pools we currently have now?

ack-ack

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
Ack-Ack,

You have an experience based sense of proportion to the game, and what the 80% who don't post here thinking they are the smartest kids in the room will tolerate. Once you start down the road of denying the 80% toys they already get as part of their $14.95. They won't tolerate that as fair. And they won't accept somehow a minority of self promoted smarter kids than them, decided they were having too much fun with what they were previously getting for their $14.95 and now have to be punished. You willing to put it as a vote in the MOTD for everyone to punish themselves?

The single most used great idea to make Aces High better for everyone, is to punish them for using their toys in ways the originator of the idea doesn't like. All of these great ideas have a common theme. Punish the unwashed average masses for doing exactly what Hitech knew they would do, that he gave them the toys to do it with.

So by inference these great idea individuals are telling Hitech he doesn't know what he is doing where the great unwashed masses of the average $14.95 paying customers are concerned. So that's 80% of the $14.95's need to be punished for something they have not viloated.

Perked ordinance is not a bad idea. This wish though, hides wanting to punish the unwashed masses for having too much fun with the toys. You are playing with Hitech's payroll and light bill at that point.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »

So by inference these great idea individuals are telling Hitech he doesn't know what he is doing where the great unwashed masses of the average $14.95 paying customers are concerned. So that's 80% of the $14.95's need to be punished for something they have not viloated.

Perked ordinance is not a bad idea. This wish though, hides wanting to punish the unwashed masses for having too much fun with the toys. You are playing with Hitech's payroll and light bill at that point.

You can call any 'wish' posted on this forum under those guidelines if you really wanted to.

That wasn't my agenda when I created the topic. That was your interpretation of it.

HiTech

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 05:20:15 PM »
I was thinking of how I can grab a perk plane, get any type of loadout I want, and the plane "perk" cost is still the same.  I was thinking having a base cost for all perk planes, but have the perk price increase or decrease a few points based on what you choose to get in the hangar/loadout area.

Base Cost for Ordinance
             100lbs - free
             250lbs - free
             500lbs - 1 perk each
             1000lbs - 2-3 perks each
             Rockets - Varying based on the type of rocket.  I was thinking 2 perks or more, but still varies based on the type of rocket.

The above would apply to all non-perked fighters. Costs for bombers would be different because they use bombs in a different manner.
As for perked planes I think 1.5 to 2x the cost of ordinance is fair in addition to the base perk cost. Example is Below using the F4U-1C.

*Note: It's been 2 months since I've been able to play, so bear with me perk values may not be accurate.

Example: F4U-1C  Base perk cost (100% fuel no ordinance) 25 perks.
             F4U-1C with 250 lbers  25 perks
             F4U-1C with 500 lbers  28-30 perks
             F4U-1C with 1000 lbers 35-40 perks
             F4U-1C drop tank cost would depend on size of the tank(s) (2+ perks per drop tank based on size)
             (Rockets would be an extra 3-5 perks in any of these loadouts)

I didn't list 250lbers as "perked" because I think if we have a perked ordinance system that 100lb and 250 lb bombs shouldn't be perked.
Again all perk planes would have a base cost, and what the player chooses in the loadout/hangar bay changes the take-off cost of that plane.
I think that you should also be awarded the highest amount of perks by getting kills with 100lb bombs than with 250s or 500s etc. 

I think gun packages should also be a factor, but not for perk cost, but perks gained.
For example: F4F's Have the 4 50 cals and 6 50 cal  loadouts.  If you choose the 6 50 cals you earn slightly less perks per kill than if you chose the 4 50 cal loadout. 

(Just an idea, I understand some planes only have one gun package so for those planes this example wouldn't apply, it would stay how it was originally).

As for bombers they need their own system for perk cost. Like the Lancaster with 18x500s and 1 4000lber.  Since you can't mix and match for bombers, it would be difficult to put a set perk price on loadouts there. My reason for that is because Bombers have to have some type of ordinance to be useful (some are excluded from this definition like the obvious B25).  I think some loadouts should be free and some should have a perk cost. But the cost should be different than that of the fighters. (For example 1000lbers above being 2-3 perks each (base cost x2 if on perk plane), would be medium-higher price for the 'average' player for Lancaster with the 14x 1000lber loadout (even higher with formations). 

28 perks per lanc, 84 perks total for a formation of 3 lancasters with that 14x1000lber loadout. And the B29 would be even higher. 1 perk per 500 lb bomb (if you got the 40 500lb bomb loadout) = 40 extra perks or 120 if you have a formation on the hundreds more invested in the bombers themselves.

That is why the bombers would need their own perked ordinance system separate in prices and values from the fighter system. But I think it's something that has potential of being implemented.   

Mix and Match - Explained

Lets say a B17 holds 8000 lb of ordinance. But instead of getting all 500lbers you want to mix and match.

So you can get any combination of ordinance you want as long as it is under the number 8000.

So 3 1000s, 4 500s, 8 250s and 10 100 lb bombs.

So you could customize your loadout based on what you are doing or what you want to accomplish.

I understand this most likely wasn't a 'historic loadout', but it is just a thought that I wanted to share.

Just some personal thoughts.  I know some of the player base wants perked ordinance, this would be the way I would implement it.

<<S>>

Tinkles

your bannas :banana:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »

You can call any 'wish' posted on this forum under those guidelines if you really wanted to.

That wasn't my agenda when I created the topic. That was your interpretation of it.

Damnit Tinkles, don't argue with Bustr!! He knows everything, including your motivation  :noid!
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 05:23:40 PM »

ack-ack

I would prefer 4 perk pools by adding an attack perk category, lining up perk categories with score categories.......
Ludere Vincere

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
I would prefer 4 perk pools by adding an attack perk category, lining up perk categories with score categories.......

Hmmm. Interesting idea.

your bannas :banana:

I changed a majority of the 1st post in the 2nd post . I do hope you read that too...

HiTech

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
Perking ords for bombers?

This would make it difficult for noobs to earn perks.

"well, its been two weeks and I still can't fly what I want or carry the ords I want. Maybe it time to try that 'pay to win game.'"

Maybe this would work if new players get some perks in each category when they first start the game.

I get this idea, but it could drive new players away.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »

I agree with you about this particular wish, however, I do feel that having a perked ordnance system is a good idea and would allow more types of ordnance packages that were used and also encourage the use of more historical ordnance load outs. 

ack-ack