Author Topic: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.  (Read 6935 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 04:52:56 PM »
Well, if you want to have some smaller maps that might help the continually dwindling player-base to find some action, you will have to spend hours of free time creating them yourself.

Meanwhile HiTech buys a new plane with profits from the $14.99 a month everyone is paying.

Numbers continue to decrease, gameplay remains stale, changes are not coming *shrug*.

Trying to work out if this ^ denial, delusion, ignorance, or what...it's something of the sort but I can't quite pin down the correct phrase.

I think denial is probably the closest I can get at the moment. To think that AH is losing numbers mostly due to peoples' 'real life situations'  :bhead
it's a real part
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »
It's self perpetuating, five years ago there would be a least five guys from my squad on every night at those times. As fights become scarce we log on less making them even scarcer.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
The map is just a playground.  It is the children that make it fun or not.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 05:09:42 PM »
Meanwhile HiTech buys a new plane with profits from the $14.99 a month everyone is paying....who cares what hitech does with his money..he owns a company..he's making a little money from it..would you complain if he bought a new car??it's his business and has every right to buy what he wants...and by the way i pay 16.95 a month so i paid more for that plane than you did..and i'm not complaining...have fun del.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »
Well, if you want to have some smaller maps that might help the continually dwindling player-base to find some action, you will have to spend hours of free time creating them yourself.

Meanwhile HiTech buys a new plane with profits from the $14.99 a month everyone is paying.

Numbers continue to decrease, gameplay remains stale, changes are not coming *shrug*.

Trying to work out if this ^ denial, delusion, ignorance, or what...it's something of the sort but I can't quite pin down the correct phrase.

I think denial is probably the closest I can get at the moment. To think that AH is losing numbers mostly due to peoples' 'real life situations'  :bhead

About 400 players in the MA at peak times recently..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
Seems to me as with most companies as long as Hitech is keeping the balance of the "sky is falling, game is ending" group with those of the "bury their head in the sand, game is fine" group he is doing just fine.

I would absolutely agree with this!

However, the player numbers are still dropping...so it would seem logical (to me) that if something doesn't change the game will continue to slowly die.

Sad times :(

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »
I have PLAYED this game a long time. I have had the honor to serve with an outstanding squad. And everytime I have asked for help...HTC has responded with immediate action. I have no complaints about this game, except that I suck at it. But it keeps me coming back. I hope it last for another 15 years. This is about having fun. The thrill you had when you were young when you saw a plane in the sky! Remember this, and your love for this game will never die. toejamty game play? Who cares? I will continue to pay my dues! I love it!
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »

Considering the plane set him back less then the price of a new Mercedes let's put the rotten vegetables away and relax..
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »
About 400 players in the MA at peak times recently..

Which is less than half as many as we had a few years ago at peak. Weekends use to run close to 1000 players on line.

Just judging from only what my fellow squad members have stated that keeps them from playing, it is real life that keeps them from playing, nothing else.

Are you in a squad?  Do you participate in "Scenario" or "FSO's" or "Snapshots" or "This Day" events?
     ^^^
All of these things can keep the game fresh, or at least it does for me.

What handle do you fly under Gemini?

And if none of these things are the reason you play it means your just out of luck? I like fighting in the MA. Defending, attacking, GVs it doesn't matter, I just want to pit my skill against another's when I have time to.

The problem is, for every single player the game has a shelf life.  Any game does.  The fact that there are people still here that played the beta is a rarity.

People keep talking about how 'gameplay is stale'.  That statement confuses me.  No matter what form it takes, gameplay boils down to as a fighter you either launch and try to shoot other aircraft down or carry bombs somewhere and blow something up.  Bombing involves flying somewhere and pushing a button at the right time.  Same with ferrying troops/supplies.  GVing/ground/ship gunning, you launch and try to put rounds into other tanks.

Regardless of what 'goals' there are in place, that is all there is to the game.  Either you find that compelling, or you don't.

Wiley.

What I find compelling is fighting against others. With 600 players playing I could up and climb a bit, level off get some speed and enter a fight. Win lose draw, up and do it again. Now with half the number of people it is that much harder to find a fight. And then once you do half of them are runners fearing for their mortal souls, or hiding with 30 of their closest friends.

Even in it's worst days 5 years ago it was better than it is now. Will it recover with the new graphics? I hope so. I plan on staying until they close the doors and I'm hoping that is a long time from now, but it doesn't look pretty I can tell you that.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
the war thunder banners are everywhere on the internet. especially on Facebook. HTC could do that same thing. its worldwide and is surely populated by folks from just about every country on earth. i love playing with the kiwis and aussies, we need more of them playing. why not focus on that timezone with some simple advertising on a show or two. thats how i found out about AH2, i seen it on a show.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
the war thunder banners are everywhere on the internet. especially on Facebook. HTC could do that same thing. its worldwide and is surely populated by folks from just about every country on earth. i love playing with the kiwis and aussies, we need more of them playing. why not focus on that timezone with some simple advertising on a show or two. thats how i found out about AH2, i seen it on a show.

I've tried to pull a few people from War Blunder to AH. The response from every single one has been "I can fly this game with a mouse and it takes five minutes to be good. I don't care about simulation and I don't want a joystick."
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »
ah isn't going down any road--and if you reduce the size of the maps,then you will have people crying that the maps are too crowded---not everybody can play at the same time...mostly the player shortage is due to real life situations...work--family--financial--etc..and not all of the maps are the same size...i said this before--you can find a fight anytime on any of these maps.but you have to good get it and not wait for it to come to you :bolt:

It is going down the road Skyyr mentioned taken by FA.  I will throw in WBs which has slogged this death march to the point that 40 players is considered peak...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:06:32 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 10:01:43 PM »
Who gives a damn what he does with his money and where is your proof that the money spent actually came from subscriptions. Oh yeah.. you have none. Nice troll attempt.

(Image removed from quote.)

He's not the only person who thought that.  Chill out.  It is a common reaction.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 10:59:19 PM »
Switching to small Maps in off-peak might have helped  (it was raised as an issue a few months back) but I think it might be too late.
I come from a land downunder

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2014, 11:20:06 PM »
Im surprised gemini isnt png yet after he got that one thread locked.

Anyway.. The aussies and the asians need to get off their asses.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck