Author Topic: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.  (Read 6941 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 12:44:25 AM »
Aces High will attract more players once the new terrain engine is updated.. Some new cockpit art wouldn't hurt either.. Man its like you have the Hurricane (beautifully done).. Then you have the F4f which looks like it was just done to get it done.. It's kind of hard selling the game, in this day and age 2/19/14, when you show a new player the game and right off the bat he tells you the graphics are horrible and loses interest.. Like, lets be honest, thats the one thing that hurts this game the most. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:55:57 AM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 01:28:25 AM »
Aces High will attract more players once the new terrain engine is updated..

I disagree.  The graphics update might retain more people who come to try the game out but that alone won't attract more players.  They've got to find out about it somehow.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:04 AM »
I haven't been able to play since November due to financial situation. And others can't play because of moving, school work etc.  So I guess their events and problems don't exist because you haven't encountered a similar scenario?
HTC is one of few gaming companies I've ever heard, and the 1st in this genre, that allows the player to make an arena under specific rules/guidelines (for system purposes), that you can customize to your hearts content.    Yet you still complain because you realize it takes work instead of just copy n paste? 

Great example is Greebo's crater map, or Fester's new map (That I presume is still being reviewed by HTC?).     They give us a great opportunity to make maps and design things of that sort, and yet you still complain?  Put yourself in their shoes, what if you had to update the terrain, make new planes/gvs, AND was requested to fix bugs, make more 'hidden' achievements and make more maps?  I bet many times to HTC it sounds like he has a bunch of 7 yr olds whining to him.

I think HTC is doing a remarkable job, getting the HE-111, yak set, new tanks and the TU-2 with re-done B26, all while still balancing fixing bugs/glitches and updating the terrain with the small team they have. I'd say they are doing a damn fine job  :aok

Brother I have no idea how to fix the problem. There is a problem though. There are always hardships and challenges in life. Five years ago the same problems happened to people that happen today. Yet there were still far more people in the Arenas then there is now. Population has not dropped. Numbers of people using the net has not dropped. Number of people playing online games has not dropped. Number of people flying in AH2 at any given moment has dropped.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 03:03:00 AM »
I have PLAYED this game a long time. I have had the honor to serve with an outstanding squad. And everytime I have asked for help...HTC has responded with immediate action. I have no complaints about this game, except that I suck at it. But it keeps me coming back. I hope it last for another 15 years. This is about having fun. The thrill you had when you were young when you saw a plane in the sky! Remember this, and your love for this game will never die. toejamty game play? Who cares? I will continue to pay my dues! I love it!

Good man. No statistic available to the general public can measure the players who don't have time to play as often as they'd like but maintain their subs anyway because when they have the time this is the game they like.  We could guess at it by age, perhaps ... :D

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 06:40:31 AM »
One interesting trend is every increasing tablet size.  Could be bigger is better might bring back PCs and large monitors as the tablet generation gets older.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:12 AM »
He's not the only person who thought that.  Chill out.  It is a common reaction.

I didnt think that. What he, or any of you, do with your money is none of my Bizz.

I'd be glad for any of you buying an airplane. Most of us aint spring chickens anymore. The kids are grown and its time to shake the change purse a little for ourselves.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »

Meanwhile HiTech buys a new plane with profits from the $14.99 a month everyone is paying.

Hitech's worked his butt off and is an avid pilot. So what? He now has a family of 4. If he decides to pack the family off to Disney World, he doesn't have to be at DFW 2 hrs before departure, go thru security, cough up r/t airfare, etc. Well maintained aircraft hold prices well. I'd say he made a great investment with his hard earned money.

Oh yeah, his investment has nothing to do with player numbers.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »
Aces High will attract more players once the new terrain engine is updated.. Some new cockpit art wouldn't hurt either.. Man its like you have the Hurricane (beautifully done).. Then you have the F4f which looks like it was just done to get it done.. It's kind of hard selling the game, in this day and age 2/19/14, when you show a new player the game and right off the bat he tells you the graphics are horrible and loses interest.. Like, lets be honest, thats the one thing that hurts this game the most. 

But the graphics aren't horrible, cranked up to maximum...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
Hitech's worked his butt off and is an avid pilot. So what? He now has a family of 4. If he decides to pack the family off to Disney World, he doesn't have to be at DFW 2 hrs before departure, go thru security, cough up r/t airfare, etc. Well maintained aircraft hold prices well. I'd say he made a great investment with his hard earned money.

Max. Aces High is a for profit company and a new plane is the fruits of HiTechs labor. It was he who invested his time and money and ricked losing both by starting this business. It is called Capitalism and it is the greatest system known to man.

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »

Agreed!  15 dollars a month is nothing.  He deserves some enrichment for his creativity and hard work.  That's how capitalism works and it's a beautiful and perfect thing.  Divide that 15 by the amount of time most of you are logged on per month and I'd say you're getting your money's worth.  Great game Hitech, long may it live.
Fight's on!

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »
I remember when all we had were small maps and the cries of how crowded those maps were and how it was nothing but a hoard fest because everyone was crammed into such a small area.

ack-ack
yep

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »
Max. Aces High is a for profit company and a new plane is the fruits of HiTechs labor. It was he who invested his time and money and ricked losing both by starting this business. It is called Capitalism and it is the greatest system known to man.

You're preaching to the choir R105. I own my own business and well appreciate the struggles, risks and rewards.  :old:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »
I didnt think that.

I never said YOU did.  I never said I did either.  But lay off the guy for thinking that.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 01:24:49 PM »

Well the f4f was the older way all the cockpits looked, they have been slowly redoing and adding new planes to list as time has gone on.

I think the graphics and poor advertising, along with only 2 free weeks to see if you like the game is what is killing it.

My roommate who likes airplanes and flying, makes fun of me all the time because of how the graphics look/water is solid ect, and why I keep playing this game.

Honestly, I think even though they aren't the greatest graphics it still blows WT away. WT is sweet chitty.

I honestly think once the new graphics come out I think the game will have a better outlook to new players.

I think their needs to be better advertising for sure!!!! And maybe an ad for 6 months or so (if you sign up now, you get a free month). a promotion of a free month would inherently allow new players to understand the game better. Like I've said before, call me stupid, but I couldn't even type for the first week and looking at the Huge MA was pretty overwhelming, and where the hell do I go??????

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
Im surprised gemini isnt png yet after he got that one thread locked.

Anyway.. The aussies and the asians need to get off their asses.

If you are referring to the thread about religion, then I believe you are mistaken sir. None of my comments in that thread were #rule'd.

The entire thread was destined to be locked from the moment it was created, I imagine the only reason it lasted as long as it did was because it was the weekend and Skuzzy was AFK.

Anyway.. The aussies and the asians need to get off their asses.

Why the heck would they want to log in and fly around with just 50-100 people spread out over a gigantic map, when fully half of those people are only there to milkrun or take undefended bases (i.e. NO COMBAT)?

You can't just say 'they need to get off their asses'  (well you can, but it's pretty stupid. You need to think of a way to make the game compelling again for them so that they have the motivation to login/resub.