Author Topic: Construction Ahead... planning stages  (Read 6897 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
Re: Construction Ahead... planning stages
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »
Would it be possible to have a large city for tank battles?... would it be too much to somehow indicate a front line in this city... perhaps an airfield in this city as an objective?

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »
Reload pads?  I'm sure they are there somewhere.  Looks fantastic though!
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
 :aok  Sweet!  

Only suggestion:  remove all of those stumps that flip my tanks, I won't have any perks to blow, when I get back online to enjoy this.

:salute  Thanks for the peek  :O

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
New airbase layouts would be spectacular! :x

Quick question though; with the possible addition of supply depots, could it also be possible to add something like repair depots/sheds that are tied into the rearm pads?

the idea being that as repair depots are destroyed on the airbase the rearm time goes up by 15 seconds and if all repair depots are destroyed the rearm time hits a max number but doesn't shut down completely.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »
I think the town / maproom should be much further from the base.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
Waffle i have only one suggestion . On one of the airfields . Have a layout that can be used like an obstacle course for planes. Rows of taller structures to fly between with open hangers to fly through. It would be nice to have a place where a person could work on precise control of their plane.
you already fly thru the fighter and bomber hangers :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
have a sheep farm or 2
 :bolt:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
The more natural layouts are exceptional...

Even if it takes another year I'll still be super excited about upcoming changes!
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
Really interesting and very exciting.  

I think a few thoughts from our current map system with just a touch of the new layout implied may be more productive than questioning an early concept.

1. Small bases currently are well within a common pickup mission.  A pickup mission has about a 30% chance to capture a medium base and say 10% large.  Too hard to capture might be detrimental to pickup missions.

2. Consider less emphasis on building destruction and more on equipment destruction like a row of fighters and bombers to destroy.

3. Consider factories like a 262 factory.

4. More trains and maybe a train switching yard.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 05:14:06 PM »
Now now randy.. We're still working on getting the trains out of the sky and back on land.. that may be asking a bit much..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
"One" rises to the sight of this... :joystick: :D

What I hope is that there will be fields according to time line.  EW fields were lightly defended, having mostly rifle caliber guns for defense.  As the war progressed, field guns were gradually upgraded to counter the attacks that took place.  I am also hoping that ships are adjusted accordingly.  When the war began, they were mostly geared for ship-to-ship combat and had light AA defense.  Now, if you can have it set to where that base will have a random orientation upon each map reset, we'd have an ever changing layout that will help counter the staleness of targets. :)

Will the long field be able to allow for a set B-29's with 100% fuel, 2x Ammo and 40 500 lber's to take off under auto-take off completely?  Or will I still need to have input? :headscratch:

My suggestions:

Upon looking at the layout of the base, the 3 17lb guns by the VH's (NW side), I would move the right one to a spot next to the Left most fuel tank on the West middle side.  There isn't any AT defense covering that area.

The placement of hulldown (the little dug out spots that I forgot the name too that surround a V-base...:o) spots around the base would be nice.  2-4 around the V-base portion, 1-2 on NE side, 4+ in and around town and 2+ for West side.

For the Supply Depot, I would move it to either South East of the base, just South East of the town in that cul-de-sac area that has property lines going through it, or to the East side of the base.  There are those two cul-de-sac type spots inside the forest, on that side would be perfect for a supply depot setup.  Adding 1-2 AAA and a hulldown spot or two accordingly would aid in it's defense.

Now I wonder what the other base types will look like... :headscratch: :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who will say:

Grass/dirt/coral/marston mat strips!

For that matter, some variance in airfield for different terrain types (PTO vs Europe, etc) would be greatly welcome.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »
Looks fantastic, can't wait to see it when it's ready!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 05:52:09 PM »
With the new terrain in development, we're also kicking around ideas for airfeild layouts, ect....

I've attached a rough layout of a 4 mile by 4 mile "base" area. This one contains a large airfeild, vehicle complex, surrounding town, and possible supply depot.

Legend:
Dark green is forest / woods
Red lines are hedge / property lines
brown lines - dirt roads
Blue/White circles - town buildings
Yellow dots - supply depot?

Everything else is pretty much labelled.

The basic premise of going this way is to create a detailed centralized game area where most of the fighting takes place, which is normally within one to two miles of a base /town. We anticipate having a higher resolution elevations in these areas which will lend to more gentle hills /slopes and be very conducive for vehicle fights. Also it will allow us to alleviate some of the issues with taking off in heavy bombers, in which there will be longer runways, and clear paths for climb out.

Also, We would have different layouts for each type of base. So there would be more variance in towns/facility layouts, as well as strategies for base capture. Also, we just think that it looks more natural that a square mile airfield, with a square mile town next to it.

I just wanted to post this to you guys and get some feedback about it. It's still in very early planning stages, so the sky's not falling yet. :)

:salute :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who will say:

Grass/dirt/coral/marston mat strips!

For that matter, some variance in airfield for different terrain types (PTO vs Europe, etc) would be greatly welcome.

:salute :cheers: :cheers: