Author Topic: has anybody noticed??  (Read 2112 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: has anybody noticed??
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »

If you ever have the means.... so....so good.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:37 AM »
Mmmmmmmmmmm....... Lagavulin Amarosso cask! Gorgeous!

Changup, you are full of sacrilige! Never Ice!

As a proper Highlander I feel qualified to say how a nice malt SHOULD be enjoyed! Neat or maybe 3 drops of water. No more. The water opens up the Whisky and makes the flavour more pronounced. Ice has the opposite effect. Much like freezing a wine shuts off the flavours, so it does Whisky. Adding Ice cools the Whisky to such a degree that the flavours start to shut off.

Therefore, water if anything! But a good dram like Lagavulin DE or Talisker 18 or Ardbeg doesn't need anything!

Dirtdart, if you like Lagavulin have you ever heard of Ardbeg Supernova?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
As a proper Highlander I feel qualified to say how a nice malt SHOULD be enjoyed! Neat or maybe 3 drops of water. No more. The water opens up the Whisky and makes the flavour more pronounced.

Exactly. But then in Texas (as most of the Southern United States, Oklahoma included) we ice our tea.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »
Regretfully, you'll need one of mine.  Clearly are being sold wannabes.  I know this due to our age difference, lol.  There is no possible way at your age that you could possibly know what Cohibas of the past taste like.  Me, being twice your age, do know how they've tasted since, well....before you were actually born.

You must be thinking of the intardnet, not cigars. :old:

Age has nothing to do with cigar experiences. I have taken multiple trips to the Dominican Republic, Brazil, Nicaragua and Honduras with a cigar group, where we tour the plantations and meet the manufacturers, see the process and smoke old exclusives. I have smoked cigars that were first laid in a humidor in the 1960's, I have cigars in my humidor that were rolled before I was alive.

I have been to hundreds of events, and am currently a silent partner in a website called social cigar.

While I respect you are an old man who has seen more then I have in his years, ones age is never an indication of experiences.  :old:

I am one of the only 25 year old people I know who is married with children, owns a home, has multiple businesses and is debt free. Most of my friends are still slinging burgers and those who are not, now work for me.

We need a AH meet up of cigar guys, that would be fun.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:07:57 AM by BluBerry »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

Age has nothing to do with cigar experiences. I have taken multiple trips to the Dominican Republic, Brazil, Nicaragua and Honduras with a cigar group, where we tour the plantations and meet the manufacturers, see the process and smoke old exclusives. I have smoked cigars that were first laid in a humidor in the 1960's, I have cigars in my humidor that were rolled before I was alive.

I have been to hundreds of events, and am currently a silent partner in a website called social cigar.

While I respect you are an old man who has seen more then I have in his years, ones age is never an indication of experiences.  :old:

I am one of the only 25 year old people I know who is married with children, owns a home, has multiple businesses and is debt free. Most of my friends are still slinging burgers and those who are not, now work for me.

and right at the beginning of the meeting you would hand a joint and a business card to everybody.  on second thought can i be invited :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »

Hmmm
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
Get back in the kitchen and make me some eggs.
No bacon with your eggs :uhoh

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 11:42:12 AM »
and right at the beginning of the meeting you would hand a joint and a business card to everybody.  on second thought can i be invited :).
semp

well since its a cigar related meet up, passing out blunts wouldn't be a bad idea  :lol

Offline SB

• Administrator
      • http://home.swbell.net/hmason
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 01:32:35 PM »
I'm Imported.

HiTech

HT is the definition of a Damn Yankee

Yankee comes to visit, Damn Yankee comes pulling a U-Haul ....  :devil

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmm....... Lagavulin Amarosso cask! Gorgeous!

Changup, you are full of sacrilige! Never Ice!

As a proper Highlander I feel qualified to say how a nice malt SHOULD be enjoyed! Neat or maybe 3 drops of water. No more. The water opens up the Whisky and makes the flavour more pronounced. Ice has the opposite effect. Much like freezing a wine shuts off the flavours, so it does Whisky. Adding Ice cools the Whisky to such a degree that the flavours start to shut off.

Therefore, water if anything! But a good dram like Lagavulin DE or Talisker 18 or Ardbeg doesn't need anything!

Dirtdart, if you like Lagavulin have you ever heard of Ardbeg Supernova?

This man speaks the truth!

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »

IN

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 02:19:57 PM »

Blu,

I bet I could change your mind on the cohibas,I have an almost full box of robustas they come right from the island and were bought at the factory! Why is that impoertant because 75% or more of the cohibas just arent real!

When I got mine they were so new they were still greasy,they've been aging since 02 and should be enjoyed pretty soon,I have the odd 1 to test them but I'm not a big cigar guy so they mostly go to waist.

Living in Cannukville I can legally buy and type of Cuban cigar,in fact if you come visit you can get some yourself,all you must do is open the box and smoke 1 cigar then they are considered personal and legally purchased. However it is an offence to resell any once you get home but no one would do that would they! :salute

Try a real cohiba and I think you might change your mind Blu,I've tried some of the best Dominicans also and they are carp compared to any Cuban,but then I'm not a fan of bluberry,overrated IMHO,I prefer bubblegum or this new cross northern and BB,we call the great white hope!   change the h to a d... :devil

Oh and as for whisky,well try some Alberta premium,25 yo rye that doesnt break the bank!

:salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 02:21:04 PM »
Skuzzy found a 20-something blonde bimbo and is gettin' some! :banana:

Still sticking with this.  I have surveillance footage.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »

Blu,

I bet I could change your mind on the cohibas,I have an almost full box of robustas they come right from the island and were bought at the factory! Why is that impoertant because 75% or more of the cohibas just arent real!

When I got mine they were so new they were still greasy,they've been aging since 02 and should be enjoyed pretty soon,I have the odd 1 to test them but I'm not a big cigar guy so they mostly go to waist.

Living in Cannukville I can legally buy and type of Cuban cigar,in fact if you come visit you can get some yourself,all you must do is open the box and smoke 1 cigar then they are considered personal and legally purchased. However it is an offence to resell any once you get home but no one would do that would they! :salute

I will willingly try any cigar, but so far from what I have found cubans just don't cut it, but then again everything we are discussing is personal preference I suppose.

but then I'm not a fan of bluberry,overrated IMHO,I prefer bubblegum or this new cross northern and BB,we call the great white hope!   change the h to a d... :devil

Bubblegum is great stuff, we sell out of it very fast at my shop. I don't find blueberry to be overrated, I think it is one of the best blending strains out there.

Oh and as for whisky,well try some Alberta premium,25 yo rye that doesnt break the bank!

I'm not really a whisky drinker, I am a brandy guy.. and I don't mind breaking the bank on a good bottle, life is too short to drink cheap brandy  :cheers:

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »
It's all about the oak.