Author Topic: Favorite player to shoot down ;)  (Read 16113 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: Favorite player to shoot down ;)
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2014, 01:20:29 AM »
1. ammo, Because its a guarenteed dogfight.
2. semp, Same as above.
3. pand, tho havent seen him in a bit. it was just somethin about catching his Bravo that made me smile everytime (and salute cause he never made it easy)

*any squaddie who happens to be red -evil grin-
       *anyone who give me my 15 bucks worth makes me warm and fuzzy when they go boom. :)
<S>

Thanks Angel -  always a great fight with you.

I have several players I enjoy getting into a scrap with.  Just last night with Oaktree,  B2B is a great fight,  SYSTEM another.  Too many to name..
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2014, 02:25:27 AM »
I just die like a suckha.  :lol Who cares, hop in da jug foo.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2014, 03:25:04 AM »
I just die like a suckha.  :lol Who cares, hop in da jug foo. (Image removed from quote.)

That fat bird is so much fun to fly.  :aok

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »
No disrespect, but the straight down vertical attacks you use leave the defensive plane little choice *except* to pull up and play a bit of "chicken". Because you fly that sort of pass well and are a good marksman, anything else is just giving you the shot. You seem to win using this approach, which is a rational reason to use it. I get ho-rammed by planes with superior firepower trying to use it, which is why I try to drop in somewhere behind their 3-9 line and make my gun pass from roughly level flight.

There are a few ways to avoid it, actually, but yes - for the average pilot, you're correct, it's very difficult to do anything but HO. That said, that wasn't the case here. He came in with alt and dove on me (like he does to pretty much everyone).

I also consider myself a poor shot in general (my accuracy is usually 7-8%).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:03:42 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2014, 09:12:33 AM »
1.)I know it makes me just a big meenie, but I take great satisfaction in shooting down anyone who runs their mouth and is disrespectful on 200.

2.)I also smile a bit wider when I shoot down anyone who runs his mouth and is disrespectful on the boards here.

I could not have said / typed it any better!!!

and no, you're not a big meenie, nor does it make you one....

Let your skills/abilities do your talking for you.... No need going around being a pompous arse acting like a jerk on the text buffer or by sending pm's

Try being a bit respectful, and in return... You just might gain some respect, eventually...

TC
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:17:41 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2014, 09:21:46 AM »
I could not have said / typed it any better!!!

and no, you're not a big meenie, nor does it make you one....

Let your skills/abilities do your talking for you.... No need going around being a pompous arse acting like a jerk on the text buffer or by sending pm's

Try being a bit respectful, and in return... You just might gain some respect, eventually...

TC

After reading this it makes me wonder why you yourself are unable to follow you own advice when you are flying under your shade names.
V1PER for instance. (and the many others you have masqueraded as.)
 :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »
any of those 56th lamers
The feeling is mutual.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »
There are a few ways to avoid it, actually, but yes - for the average pilot, you're correct, it's very difficult to do anything but HO. That said, that wasn't the case here. He came in with alt and dove on me (like he does to pretty much everyone).

I had fun the other night working with your " E - fighting" tactics, skyyr..
I can fully understand how some could lose their temper/cool , trying to turn fight with you, when you seldomly if ever give in to fighting "their fight".... You keep to "your fight" !

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2014, 09:28:21 AM »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
After reading this it makes me wonder why you yourself are unable to follow you own advice when you are flying under your shade names.

Not sure if there's some tongue-in-cheek going on here, but I've never experienced TC being anything but polite and respectful. Not that we give a damn or anything... (pun intended).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »

Dolby, you no that I have yet to even nibble at any stinky bait, that you have continuously tryed to hook me with, regarding my Viper gameid, or any other gameids.... BTW, if they were meant to be true shade accounts, why did I bother to tell the whole ah community?

Best of luck, fishing.... You might want to try using fried chicken livers next time...
Although, I still doubt you'll have any luck  

Cheers

TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »

Unless you are shooting at nothing but bombers, that's significantly above average...

But at some point that's getting academic anyway. If you shoot down the majority of planes that you can put your crosshairs on, it doesn't matter if 5%, 10% or 20% of your rounds did hit.  :old:

And for the original topic, my initial statement "just numbers" wasn't joking. I hardly care anymore who's going down, only thing that matters is that he's going down at all and that I'm able to add another +1 to the various categories I'm tracking in my database. It's a really been a long time ago that I was excited/happy about shooting down any specific player...

Rage PM's get squelched quickly, I'm not tuned to 200 anyway and honestly, I even find myself detuning "country" more often these days
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2014, 09:44:29 AM »
Dolby, you no that I have yet to even nibble at any stinky bait, that you have continuously tryed to hook me with, regarding my Viper gameid, or any other gameids.... BTW, if they were meant to be true shade accounts, why did I bother to tell the whole ah community?

Best of luck, fishing.... You might want to try using fried chicken livers next time...
Although, I still doubt you'll have any luck  

Cheers

TC

I thought it was just a well known thing that you fly under shade names and act like a dick.

:headscratch:

No, I'm not trying to be an a-hole here.. I am just telling you how your reputation proceeds you. For years this is pretty much all I've heard about you.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
Owning up after being exposed doesn't make them any less shades TC.

It's one of the most deceitful and detestable things in the community.

Act like one of your shades under your TC tag rather than shading up and lets see how the community reacts to you.  ;)

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »

I thought it was just a well known thing that you fly under shade names and act like a dick.

:headscratch:

No, I'm not trying to be an a-hole here.. I am just telling you how your reputation proceeds you. For years this is pretty much all I've heard about you.

That made me laugh... seriously, your post made me laugh

I don't know you nor who you might have been in past years if any other gameid at all...

But that is the first time I have ever read or heard anything like what you just posted in all the years
of playing this flight games.... One would think they would have heard it before, if it was so well known...

TC