Author Topic: Ready for the P-47D15-23 series  (Read 5823 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Ready for the P-47D15-23 series
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 10:15:56 PM »
This ROC difference is mostly due to the paddle prop IIRC. I would expect the razorback to exceed the D-25 in climb if given a paddle-blade, due to lighter weight. This could conceivably put it near the vaunted P-47M in ROC.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:17:56 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
  Would love to see more razor back P-47s, love my D11. I would finally be able to take an 47with almost the same handling on an attack mission.   

Huge +1

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »
Not to be an A hole but the thread clearly makes the argument that the model should be in the game for historical accuracy. That model is the unsung hero of the USAAF in terms of air to air kills. ground attack and pioneer of close air support. From the Southwest Pacific, China, Italy and Europe- that was in the skies when people looked up, that is reason enough.

ahhh so it has nothing to do with the game or game play, it's just a wish to make YOU happy.

As ACK ACK said there are many others that fit that "historical" category that should be be added that WILL have a different in the game/game play. I'd hope to see those before the P47-23

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 04:44:57 PM »

What part of a more authentic historical representation don't you understand? I guess you can't help but be a Mass hole. It has nothing to do with my personal happiness and everything to do with making the game better for everyone. Flame on hater :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
What part of a more authentic historical representation don't you understand? I guess you can't help but be a Mass hole. It has nothing to do with my personal happiness and everything to do with making the game better for everyone. Flame on hater :rofl

The only reason you can post is "because of history" How does that make the game better?

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »
This game is based on historical aircraft, their modeling and performance with some attention to usage and availability. I'm sorry you can't comprehend the justification as enough reason to improve the plane set. By HTC's criteria of numbers used, dates of production and significance, they qualify, and I an not alone in that opinion. It seems like for many, unless it isn't the fastest most heavily cannon aircraft, it won't add anything to the game. Maybe you can contribute something well researched alternative instead of just your negative opinion. I sincerely enjoy learning about different vehicles involved in the war through the community on the bbs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:57:03 PM by Seadog36 »

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
When we have planes that are still not in the game that were made in thousands, the slightly different Jug can wait a bit.

Bristol Beaufighter:
Served: 27 July 1940 to 1960
Number built: 5,928

Vickers Wellington:
Served: 1938-1953
Numbers built: 11000+

Petlyakov Pe-2:
Served: 1941-1954
Numbers built: 11400+

All these planes are not represented in any way within the game and bring a unique flight model to the game.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
+1 on all of them, especially the Beaufighter, but I do think the introduction of of a later razorback D would be far easier than a from scratch model. Fortunately HTC has really picked up the pace of their R&D.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 07:19:19 PM »
but I do think the introduction of of a later razorback D would be far easier than a from scratch model.

This is true but with the P-47s being older models, it would not be worth it to add any new models before they update the models again. And as the P-47 is still a AH2 model, its not due for an update anytime soon.

If the P-47 gets an update in a few years HTC could add a Razorback, but until then it is not worth it.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »
This is true but with the P-47s being older models, it would not be worth it to add any new models before they update the models again. And as the P-47 is still a AH2 model, its not due for an update anytime soon.

If the P-47 gets an update in a few years HTC could add a Razorback, but until then it is not worth it.

Adding a paddle-bladed razorback would be the sort of non-issue that adding the P-47M was.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
Adding a paddle-bladed razorback would be the sort of non-issue that adding the P-47M was.
[/quot
agreed or the Ju87 with cannon pods, or the bomber mossie. Not the same level of work involved.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 12:43:04 PM »
Read Greebo's post. This is not the same as adding the M from the D-40. There is no room on the skin bitmap for the D-11 to add the wing pylon.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 12:58:43 PM »
Read Greebo's post. This is not the same as adding the M from the D-40. There is no room on the skin bitmap for the D-11 to add the wing pylon.

HTC has a lot to work with already.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 03:02:13 PM »
This just means that the skins cannot be instantly transfered between the D11 and D23. In terms of the 3D mesh, this is much less work than creating a new plane, and so is the flight modeling.

The P47s line does need the most common Jug, and the best dogfighter of the bunch. Even the D11s that we have, spent much, if not most of their service with paddle blade props and wing mounts. If I am not mistaken, the paddle blade prop was introduced into the production line immediately after the D11 and quickly installed in all planes in the field.

For those who say that the P47s are over represented, this is just a game-history issue that gave us both D-25 and D-40, which is quite redundant. The D25 (as much as I like it) should have been a late razorback instead. However, if HTC do decide to model a late razorback, they will probably not remove the D-25 from the game, though I am perfectly fine with it if they do.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »
This just means that the skins cannot be instantly transfered between the D11 and D23. In terms of the 3D mesh, this is much less work than creating a new plane, and so is the flight modeling.

Sure.  The thing is, it's a relatively fine detail change in a relatively well represented plane model.  If there were no P47s in the game and HTC was talking about adding them and considering what models to represent, it would be an obvious choice.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever seen HTC add a variant to a model  since I've been here without rolling it in with a rework of that model's entire line.  Hence why I'm saying it ain't likely anytime soon.  I'd like it to, but from what I've seen about how HTC develops, they don't change what they've got existing unless they're wanting to roll it in with something bigger than another subvariant.

I am saying this as a guy who spends most of his time in the D11 because I like the way it handles.  This plane, if it existed, would likely be my standard 'knock around in the MA' ride.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11