Author Topic: Automate scoring page  (Read 552 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Automate scoring page
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:22:38 AM »
It makes HTC look bad when the scoring page is screwed up at the end of the month then slow to change to a new tour. 

What if the tour was changed to say four weeks or some number of days instead of by the month.  Would that make it easier to be fully automated?  Come on, your computer guys, you can do this.  I would think it would save man hours in the long run.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Automate scoring page
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
 no it doesen't
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:25 AM »
Honestly don't see the problem
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »
no it doesen't

Honestly don't see the problem

Low standards can be habit forming.  That is what makes the one eyed man king in the land of the blind.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:57:44 AM »
Low standards can be habit forming.  That is what makes the one eyed man king in the land of the blind.

Not low standards, but realistic expectations.  While what you are asking may be reasonable, HTC is working on other things. They are a small company and can only do so many things at a given time. Plus, seeing your score immediately after a tour is a convenience/luxury, not a necessity. No more than wifi at a restaurant.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
Not low standards, but realistic expectations.  While what you are asking may be reasonable, HTC is working on other things. They are a small company and can only do so many things at a given time. Plus, seeing your score immediately after a tour is a convenience/luxury, not a necessity. No more than wifi at a restaurant.

What is baffling to me is why hasn't been automated before this?  Just good business to not be late on a product.  If it takes days to get it changed to the next tour then there is a basic problem that is eating man-hours.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 12:14:27 PM »
What is this "score" thing of which you speak?  I just  :joystick:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
What is this "score" thing of which you speak?  I just  :joystick:

Scoring is a point of reference.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 03:21:52 PM »
Score can be easily skewed.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 06:28:46 AM »
Score can be easily skewed.

Scores as a fixed number is meaningless beyond the moment  but when used to watch for trends, it is powerful.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 08:30:33 AM »
I get the "slow to change to the new tour part", but what do you mean by "screwed up by the end of the month"?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 10:51:51 AM »
What is baffling to me is why hasn't been automated before this?  Just good business to not be late on a product.  If it takes days to get it changed to the next tour then there is a basic problem that is eating man-hours.

I wish it could be automated, but without restructuring the entire system, it cannot happen.  It would be very complex to do as well.  I am not going to get into details of it all, but it would be very messy to try and automate this.

The first 24 hours of a new tour, the scores and ranks are pretty much useless as the ranker only runs once a day.  Once it runs on a new tour, then they are good to be released for viewing.  Until then, there is really nothing to view.

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »
Skuzzy, thanks so much for the reply.  That helped me more appreciate the problem.  I will let this wish fade away.

Lusche, I was talking about the way weekend, first of the new month gets put on the old month sometimes. 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
Lusche, I was talking about the way weekend, first of the new month gets put on the old month sometimes. 

:headscratch:
Where exactly do you see this happening?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »
What he means is that the previous month continues to tally kills sometimes a few days into the new month.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.