Author Topic: Beginning to woner why i still play aces high  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
Re: Beginning to woner why i still play aces high
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
 :cheers:
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Beginning to woner why i still play aces high t
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »

Also people have a strange belief that only their country has people sitting in the tower, when common sense would tell you that all countries would have a close to same % in the tower

HiTech

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Bish tend to have superior numbers during morning (ET/CT) hrs. I've seen as high as 50% Bish towered ot while Rooks or Knight percentages are much lower.

I know you're up to your ears with the engine re-write but how hard/much time would be required to baseline ENY on active (call it 15 minutes) players only?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Bish tend to have superior numbers during morning (ET/CT) hrs. I've seen as high as 50% Bish towered ot while Rooks or Knight percentages are much lower.

I know you're up to your ears with the engine re-write but how hard/much time would be required to baseline ENY on active (call it 15 minutes) players only?

Two weeks. :bolt:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 01:46:03 PM »
ENY based on how many players are in flight sounds like a great idea and could be easily implemented.

As brought up thousands of times the overpopulated country mission planners would just sit in the tower until they get a favorable ENY then launch en mass with their horde of LW monsters against the lower numbered country.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »
Also people have a strange belief that only their country has people sitting in the tower, when common sense would tell you that all countries would have a close to same % in the tower, and hence kicking them out would not have any impact on the ENY. In fact if you believe it could lower the ENY , it could just as easily raise the ENY.

HiTech

Statistically "most" of the time that is probably true, but there are instances where you get 2 to 3 standard deviations away from the normal where you happen to have an unbalanced number of players sitting in the tower from one particular side actually affecting the outcome.  Just like if I flipped a coin 10 times and recorded the results day in and day out.  A couple days out of the month I might come up with 8 heads and only 2 tails.

Personally I don't think people should be booted due to inactivity in the current state of the game.  Leaving the players in the game unwittingly creates an illusion during log in that there are more players actually playing than really are, which I think is good for the MMOG selling point.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:17:29 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »
Bish tend to have superior numbers during morning (ET/CT) hrs. I've seen as high as 50% Bish towered ot while Rooks or Knight percentages are much lower

Which leads to the question: Is there ENY because of the tower sitters... or are they sitting in tower because of crippling (in their eyes) ENY? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »

Which leads to the question: Is there ENY because of the tower sitters... or are they sitting in tower because of crippling (in their eyes) ENY? ;)

Try to conduct a survey of these tower sitters while they're in their bunks.....er towers in the wee hours Snailman. See if anyone responds. That would make an interesting pie chart.   :lol
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:48 PM »

Also people have a strange belief that only their country has people sitting in the tower, when common sense would tell you that all countries would have a close to same % in the tower, and hence kicking them out would not have any impact on the ENY. In fact if you believe it could lower the ENY , it could just as easily raise the ENY.

HiTech

Please elaborate...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
Just quit man. It's too hard for you
T. That isnt very nice of you. You are being very hateful.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 08:58:08 PM »

Also people have a strange belief that only their country has people sitting in the tower, when common sense would tell you that all countries would have a close to same % in the tower,

HiTech

This is theory, not fact. Test it out and see. Then it becomes fact.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »

1. An opposite contention is just as much theory (with arguable odds against it).

2. Your scientific methodology would be ..... ?

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »
1. An opposite contention is just as much theory (with arguable odds against it).

2. Your scientific methodology would be ..... ?
Its not hard to understand there, Derp.
Test out his Thoughts,speculation,theory and then base off those findings.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »

and you really think that hitech who created the game doesnt have access to that data?  you really think that at any one time he would not know how many people are in flight, how many in gv's and how many are just sitting in the tower?

I bet that he even knows how many kills are landed by each and every player down to how many bullets hit their target.  I bet he might even know which skin is used more often.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »

and you really think that hitech who created the game doesnt have access to that data?  you really think that at any one time he would not know how many people are in flight, how many in gv's and how many are just sitting in the tower?

I bet that he even knows how many kills are landed by each and every player down to how many bullets hit their target.  I bet he might even know which skin is used more often.

semp
So, HT is the lulz-d0xer?

I keep reading this and that, but with me, seeing is believing.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »
Its not hard to understand there, Derp.
Test out his Thoughts,speculation,theory and then base off those findings.

Wouldn't have been easier to just post 'I dunno how, I make it up as I go then tell other people to do it for me?'

Back up your own claim, seeing is believing.  ;)