Author Topic: External Views for Fighters in MA  (Read 3511 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: External Views for Fighters in MA
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »
When I play single player WWII flight Sims I enjoy the external views while in transit.  I enjoy watching the formations, skins and scenery from all the different angles.  When fighting I never use external views as I would rather be in the cockpit and I can see no advantage to external views when fighting.  If I switch to them I am suddenly disoriented and I never use them even though I can.

With TrackIR and the 6k icon range in the MA I almost never sneak up on anyone nor does anyone sneak up on me.  Just wondering what the rational is for no external views for fighters in the MA.  Did someone master the external chase view to a huge advantage?  I would feel at a disadvantage trying to fight in an external view but would enjoy the scenery when in transit so just curious on the history of this.  Was it tried but didn't work out?

Go to the DA if you want to fly in F-3 mode. About everyone in there is using it even if they protest to the contrary. Your are correct flying in F-3 mode is a huge advantage and it is how DA pilots make those fantastic deflection shots you never see in the MA not even out the best of pilots in the MA. F-3 mode is like using a garden whose, All you do is turn it on and adjust it onto the target only instead of water it is cannon rounds. I hate F-3 in the DA and sure don't want it in the MA. :mad:   

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
Go to the DA if you want to fly in F-3 mode. About everyone in there is using it even if they protest to the contrary. Your are correct flying in F-3 mode is a huge advantage and it is how DA pilots make those fantastic deflection shots you never see in the MA not even out the best of pilots in the MA. F-3 mode is like using a garden whose, All you do is turn it on and adjust it onto the target only instead of water it is cannon rounds. I hate F-3 in the DA and sure don't want it in the MA. :mad:   

QFT
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »

All 100% true. In addition it is how those same DA pilots manage to bob and weave at JUST the right moment to dodge your fire as you are chasing them back to their base. 

It would be a really bad idea to allow F3 in the MA.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
All 100% true. In addition it is how those same DA pilots manage to bob and weave at JUST the right moment to dodge your fire as you are chasing them back to their base. 

It would be a really bad idea to allow F3 in the MA.
:aok

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
Furball lake is fun and I enjoy spending time there every now and then but I never use F3 and I never will.  The truely good pilots who frequent Furball Lake (e.g. iKo, TA57x, etc) don't use F3 either.   But the vast majority of DA pilots rely on their crutches.  FYI - it's rather easy to tell who is and who isn't using F3 for the reasons mentioned above.

If you want to take one action that would make AH more like War Thunder, giving everyone inflight F3 in the main arenas would be it.   Sorry...it's just a horrible idea.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:06 PM »

On the contrary, if you don't practice in F3 mode you are worse off switching to it for air combat maneuvering. So I don't use it during engagements in the DA because I would lose orientation.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »
Furball lake is fun and I enjoy spending time there every now and then but I never use F3 and I never will.  The truely good pilots who frequent Furball Lake (e.g. iKo, TA57x, etc) don't use F3 either.   But the vast majority of DA pilots rely on their crutches.  FYI - it's rather easy to tell who is and who isn't using F3 for the reasons mentioned above.

If you want to take one action that would make AH more like War Thunder, giving everyone inflight F3 in the main arenas would be it.   Sorry...it's just a horrible idea.

LOL, I had no idea F3 was available in the DA.  Will not use it anyway.  I go to the DA for practice.  I want the other guy to have the plane, alt and even F3 advantage.  I tickles me to go to the DA and see so many at 10,000 feet.  Why in the world would you want to go that high in place made to make fighting easier.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 03:26:33 PM »
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:42:07 PM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »
LOL, I had no idea F3 was available in the DA.  Will not use it anyway.  I go to the DA for practice.  I want the other guy to have the plane, alt and even F3 advantage.  I tickles me to go to the DA and see so many at 10,000 feet.  Why in the world would you want to go that high in place made to make fighting easier.

Fighting with altitude is not the same as fighting on the deck.  Maybe they want to learn how to fight at 10k.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
Fighting with altitude is not the same as fighting on the deck.  Maybe they want to learn how to fight at 10k.

QFT.  The reason I do so.  I also only engage people co alt or higher for the same reason.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 06:08:29 PM »
When I play single player WWII flight Sims I enjoy the external views while in transit.  I enjoy watching the formations, skins and scenery from all the different angles.  When fighting I never use external views as I would rather be in the cockpit and I can see no advantage to external views when fighting.  If I switch to them I am suddenly disoriented and I never use them even though I can.

With TrackIR and the 6k icon range in the MA I almost never sneak up on anyone nor does anyone sneak up on me.  Just wondering what the rational is for no external views for fighters in the MA.  Did someone master the external chase view to a huge advantage?  I would feel at a disadvantage trying to fight in an external view but would enjoy the scenery when in transit so just curious on the history of this.  Was it tried but didn't work out?
I thought you quit.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »

Neo: What are you trying to tell me, that I can dodge bullets?

Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready... you won't have to.

F3... pfftt
- TWBYDHAS

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »
I thought you quit.

Hi Cashew,

I did for six months, but I just came back to fly FSO mostly with a little practice time in the MA :aok

No more Rough Puppies though :bolt:
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »
The squirrels with cameras are for your protection!   :old:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:17:27 PM by jimbo71 »
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.