Author Topic: External Views for Fighters in MA  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
Re: External Views for Fighters in MA
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »
I was trying to post this: http://s400.photobucket.com/user/rheine89/media/when-godzilla-facepalms-godzilla-facepalm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1279436527.jpg.html?#/user/rheine89/media/when-godzilla-facepalms-godzilla-facepalm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1279436527.jpg.html?&_suid=139762194625805290511593054745 but, contrary to the advice given, I can never seem to get an image to show here.

If you are using Mozilla, right click on image and choose "Copy URL".  I think IE says "Copy Link Location" or something similar...its been years since I used IE.  That's what you need to copy between the "img" tags.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:28:59 PM by Hoplite »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 11:39:29 PM »
Thank you for that. I was trying to just grab the URL from the bar.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »
When fighting I never use external views as I would rather be in the cockpit and I can see no advantage to external views when fighting.  If I switch to them I am suddenly disoriented and I never use them even though I can.
I toyed with external views in the Da once. I too have track ir but with one button i can turn off track ir and look down from external view and see below my aircraft without rolling it, shift that same button and be back to normal track ir mode.. I can see how someone who practices this would have great advantage at tracking the enemy with multiple views, especially setting one up for trail view (enemies view).... hence why there seems to be so many challenges to DA, when you could simply up in the MA and meet between bases.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »
.... hence why there seems to be so many challenges to DA, when you could simply up in the MA and meet between bases.

This is a stretch.  Challenges should go to the DA because the fields are close and it's common for people to ask for and receive no interference.  Besides, keeping track of a single con in a duel shouldn't be hard, so I'm not sure what advantage F3 users are getting from it. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
Besides, keeping track of a single con in a duel shouldn't be hard, so I'm not sure what advantage F3 users are getting from it.  

That was my thought, but no big deal.  Was just asking.  I guess I don't practice that hard, thus my score :lol  I just have a "get in the cockpit and let's go" attitude when fighting, but was wanting to enjoy the scenary, formations, and skins when not :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:56:01 PM by shoresroad »
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »
This is a stretch.  Challenges should go to the DA because the fields are close and it's common for people to ask for and receive no interference.  Besides, keeping track of a single con in a duel shouldn't be hard, so I'm not sure what advantage F3 users are getting from it.  

Agreed. It's more of an advantage when facing multiple cons or if one is running and wants to "Do a Neo" while doing so:

Neither should be an issue in a 1v1 duel.  :)

EDIT:  I'm pretty sure I have film of someone in the DA dodging my shots as I chase him back to his base. It's pretty amazing how good he was at anticipating where my shots would be and was able to dodge away at JUST the last second.  Just uncanny! :rofl
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:42:30 PM by Hoplite »

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
This is a stretch.  Challenges should go to the DA because the fields are close and it's common for people to ask for and receive no interference.  Besides, keeping track of a single con in a duel shouldn't be hard, so I'm not sure what advantage F3 users are getting from it. 
I see quite a few fields close in the ma and have met people in the clear and called off teammates with no problem. I have been gaming since they started games and believe me incredible crazy stuff that seems impossible, is... that is where the term "gaming the game" (original form of hacking, where in you bypass the intended spirit of the game due to allowances in its coding or design) comes from. War Thunder and others do just that (F3), so some people must be quite adept at it. Kinda like putting a red dot in the center of your screen for FPS aiming,
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »
I see quite a few fields close in the ma and have met people in the clear and called off teammates with no problem. I have been gaming since they started games and believe me incredible crazy stuff that seems impossible, is... that is where the term "gaming the game" (original form of hacking, where in you bypass the intended spirit of the game due to allowances in its coding or design) comes from. War Thunder and others do just that (F3), so some people must be quite adept at it. Kinda like putting a red dot in the center of your screen for FPS aiming,

I'm sure some might take advantage of F3 for a 1v1 duel...but I have to agree with Triton that it would not be very advantageous to do so in a close quarters 1v1 DA knife fight.  Only advantage I see is if you lost sight of the other guy.  If that occurs you are likely going to be towered before your finger can hit F3 if the other guy is a decent duelist.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
I see quite a few fields close in the ma and have met people in the clear and called off teammates with no problem.
So have I, but it's not to be expected.  I've asked people to stay out and they just kept coming.  While it's still entirely possible to get some tool following you around in the DA, it's far more rare.  Less people and those that are there are usually understanding if you want some 1v1 time.

I have been gaming since they started games and believe me incredible crazy stuff that seems impossible, is... that is where the term "gaming the game" (original form of hacking, where in you bypass the intended spirit of the game due to allowances in its coding or design) comes from. War Thunder and others do just that (F3), so some people must be quite adept at it. Kinda like putting a red dot in the center of your screen for FPS aiming,

If you're out flying the person you're dueling against, it's not going to matter what view mode he's in.  If you're flying a best of 5 or 7, it's not going to matter if he makes one incredible F3 aided shot.  It will come out in the wash who was the better pilot that day.  
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
Players that use the "I won't go to the DA because of F3" are using that as an excuse to mask their lack of cajones.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
  Besides, keeping track of a single con in a duel shouldn't be hard, so I'm not sure what advantage F3 users are getting from it. 

The potential to greatly increase defensive and deflection shooting abilities is definitely there.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
The potential to greatly increase defensive and deflection shooting abilities is definitely there.

I agree it could help in a multi con engagement.  Just widening the FOV alone helps that, but how does it help in a 1v1?  I could count on one hand the times I've actually lost someone in a duel, and off the top of my head all of those were because my view hat/TrackIR messed up.

As for shooting, like I said above, one F3 miracle shot shouldn't sink you in a duel if you're a better toon pilot than the other guy.  But I suppose if F3 is really that big of a boogeyman, you could always stipulate the other pilot film his views.  Fraps, ShadowPlay, and Afterburner are free and a pretty quick download.

-AoM-

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »

It would not help in a 1v1... hence my last post..

I'd bet a majority of good 1v1r's would back me on this.. Take 2 even opponents.. force one to fly F3.. they will not be even any longer.. The F3 guy will lose majority.. I'm not saying one couldn't learn to do well in F3 mode.. I'm just saying prolly more that 98% of the crowd I'm referring to wouldn't bother.. In F3 view they would lose all feelings of timing, position, and angles..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 06:35:25 PM »
Fighting with altitude is not the same as fighting on the deck.  Maybe they want to learn how to fight at 10k.

exactly..... 9 times outta 10 those fights usually end up dancing down in the bushes.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 06:57:05 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:21:19 AM by Skuzzy »
"Harden The F_ck Up”