Author Topic: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 02:02:48 PM »
x.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:11:18 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
Wish granted I'll make the x 12 hours.

HiTech

fine with me, I'd only ever be switching to the lowest, so it would never affect me.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
we had the one hour switch time before for a few years.  we took advantage of it, lots of us.  the 1 hour rule was meant to help balanced the sides, most of us used it to "get more kills".  It was pretty obvious during the time when a country was about to "win the war", they would almost always have an influx of players the last hour or two.

I guess I figure when one chess piece is in the position to win the war, they probably aren't the lowest populated side, so people couldn't jump there any sooner than they do now if that was left at 12 and going to the least populated was shortened.
AMAX  in game

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »
I understand HiTech's viewpoint on the matter. At least it helped clarify where he stands and why. If no one else, I appreciate HiTech sticking his neck out to respond to the wolves on the forums.

The community for years has been asking for the sideswitch time to be downed to lower numbers. Wolves snarling at the front door of HTC to give them the meat they want (lowered time limit). HTC is in a rough spot. If they give the wolves the meat, his front porch smells. (Very bad reprocussions of a lower side switch time, from spies to CV's being 'mysteriously hijacked/killed'.)   But if he doesn't, he is called the bad guy.

I would if HTC would consider 6 hours for side switch time, but 12 hours on a side before you can claim 'war da win' perks?  Although, the reward perks really isn't anything to get all hyped about.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:58:48 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
See Rule #4

I disagree.

If he changes the 12 hour rule, those who think that 'spiez are among us' will cry out and some will leave.  Others will abuse the lower switch time settings by finding the CVs and things of that nature.

Like I said before, he is in the hot seat, and no matter what decision he takes, he loses on one front.  I think it would be beneficial for the members of the BBS to keep giving out ideas (like the perk idea, the original topic of this thread), and give HTC some ways of handling this.  There is a way to handle it, without making the cons outweigh the pros. We just need to find it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:58:57 AM by Skuzzy »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »
If he changes the 12 hour rule, those who think that 'spiez are among us' will cry out and some will leave. 

We had the 1h rule for many years.  And when it was finally changed 'back' to 12h, the cries of "spiez" never became less at all. HT could change it to 30 days and they would be still on the same level...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »

We had the 1h rule for many years.  And when it was finally changed 'back' to 12h, the cries of "spiez" never became less at all. HT could change it to 30 days and they would be still on the same level...  :old:

Heck, HTC could make it so your account was locked to 1 side and they'd still cry out "spiez". There could be 3 players in this game, 1 on each side, and all three would still accuse the others of hacking and spying!  :rofl

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »

I played during the time we had the 1H rule. I agree, that the spies accusations wouldn't decrease. I think it is ultimately the character of the players that is in question when HTC thinks on the 12 hour rule. "Can I trust that they wouldn't abuse this by switching sides and gathering intelligence"? Players like ManaWar, who I witnessed because he couldn't convince a higher ranked member to give him control of the CV, he purposefully gave away it's position yelling over VOX the whole time, and when enemy bombers came up to destroy the CV he did nothing to stop it (was the only 5'in on the cv active, that he was occupying).   If you look at some of the posts on the BBS, many members of this BBS have bad blood with each other. Egos are high and mighty, some I wouldn't put past that they may switch sides and abuse the system (if it was lowered).

I may be wrong, and there is an entirely different reason behind HTC's decision. However, nagging for it over and over (even though I am a supporter for a lower side switch time) will get us no where.  

HiTech

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »
I played during the time we had the 1H rule. I agree, that the spies accusations wouldn't decrease. I think it is ultimately the character of the players that is in question when HTC thinks on the 12 hour rule. "Can I trust that they wouldn't abuse this by switching sides and gathering intelligence"? Players like ManaWar, who I witnessed because he couldn't convince a higher ranked member to give him control of the CV, he purposefully gave away it's position yelling over VOX the whole time, and when enemy bombers came up to destroy the CV he did nothing to stop it (was the only 5'in on the cv active, that he was occupying).   If you look at some of the posts on the BBS, many members of this BBS have bad blood with each other. Egos are high and mighty, some I wouldn't put past that they may switch sides and abuse the system (if it was lowered).

I may be wrong, and there is an entirely different reason behind HTC's decision. However, nagging for it over and over (even though I am a supporter for a lower side switch time) will get us no where.  

manawar got exactly what he deserved.    A griefer of manawar's ilk should influence only one decision.... the decision to ban them.

:salute Nishizawa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2014, 07:41:06 PM »
wait.. from what I gather from reading it, someone mentioned the "switch to lowest side at will" idea, hitech said no, because you could be on the lowest, switch to highest, and switch back to lowest immediately, and that is a problem.

so I suggested, if people switch to a higher side, they get stuck there for x hours as they do right now.. hitech said, ok, x = 12 hours. I don't see a problem with that..

all any of us side switch time whiners want (well, me at least) is a way to get from a high side to the low side in less than 12 hours, because as it is, either mega squads or country loyalty in general has individual countries populations swinging quite predictably.. I'd like to not be part of the problem, and its horning into the times I'd like to play the game. (if I switch to low side outside of US primetime, I'm getting stuck on a high # country during primetime).. I don't even know what players outside of north America need to deal with, I can only assume its even more annoying.

anyway even the "switch to lowest anytime" could reasonably be "switch to the lowest every hour or two" I think, since the primary concern seems to be CV spying. keep the war win perks at 12 hours, etc. (I don't think anyone wishing to switch countries more often is concerned with war win perks anyway)

also FWIW, since this is wishlist, don't have CV's count as fields towards war win, that would greatly reduce the cv hiding/spying concern.  (other related wish)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »
  manawar got exactly what he deserved.    A griefer of manawar's ilk should influence only one decision.... the decision to ban them.

:salute Nishizawa

I didn't support manawar or any of his actions. I was using an encounter with him as an example.
HiTech

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »
I didn't support manawar or any of his actions. I was using an encounter with him as an example.
wasnt saying that you did, you missed my point entirely.  Point being, I would hope that the only decisions that the manawar's of the gaming world influence is the decision to ban them.... Their ilk and their actions should have no bearing on gameplay policies, rules, etc. 

:salute Nishizawa.

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »
I understand HiTech's viewpoint on the matter. At least it helped clarify where he stands and why. If no one else, I appreciate HiTech sticking his neck out to respond to the wolves on the forums.

The community for years has been asking for the sideswitch time to be downed to lower numbers. Wolves snarling at the front door of HTC to give them the meat they want (lowered time limit). HTC is in a rough spot. If they give the wolves the meat, his front porch smells. (Very bad reprocussions of a lower side switch time, from spies to CV's being 'mysteriously hijacked/killed'.)   But if he doesn't, he is called the bad guy.

I would if HTC would consider 6 hours for side switch time, but 12 hours on a side before you can claim 'war da win' perks?  Although, the reward perks really isn't anything to get all hyped about.

This is very close to my opinion, including the 6 hour, I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance.

Are the stats for both 12h and 1h coming from the same single LW arena setup?
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman