Author Topic: Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card  (Read 5945 times)

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 01:18:15 AM »
Dear HTC folks.

Since many MA subscribers, including me, are asking who, what, why, when, how, and where about players who have more than one account and use that account to their advantage, please answer a simple question in the light of day in front of those like me who pay their $15 a month for a fair & square game....

Easy question HTC, since I am not the only one in-game asking this question every day...what is...officially, in front of the entire subscription paying community, what is the HTC company policy on people who have multiple accounts per household/multiple accounts per single credit card.  We want to know because it effects gameplay in all arenas every day.

Thanks.

ROX

PS.  Avoiding this issue, stomping this thread would speak VOLUMES.

You players who get upset for whatever reason about being required to engage in cartoon combat in this cartoon combat game are a major reason why the game isn't much fun anymore.

You're part of the problem. Stop it.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 01:47:57 AM »
I usually open a second account once or twice a year for a month or two.  The last one was opened last weekend because of the 12 hour rule.  I was having fun but there were too many green guys so the only way for me to keep having fun was to open another account.  So you get rid of the 12 hour rule and I'll get rid of my second account.

Actually, I think I will open a third account so I can be everywhere all the time.
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »
That actually brings up an interesting point, one I never thought of - if the 12 hour side switch thing really, really annoys you (I'm sure it would bother me if I still used my subscription), why not just fork over another 15$ and use that account to "switch" sides with more or less.  Once the update comes and if I motivate myself to start participating more, I'm going to do just that I think, if the 12 hour switch policy is still the same.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 02:30:59 AM »
You really shouldn't have to though. It's a great way for HTC to make even more money, but why should I spend $15 more a month just to switch sides when we can just lower the side switch time? The idea behind the 12 hour rule is to stop people from switching sides and "spying" (or that's what I hear everyone who defends the 12 hour rule say). It's not stopping people from switching sides if they just create another account. If I could open a second account I would do so immediately, but one account is all I can afford right now.

If the permanent fix for the 12 hour rule is to open another account then the country loyal people will start requesting HTC to make some ridiculous changes to prevent that. Pretty soon you'll need to buy a second computer, open a second bank account, move to Mexico and take on a 2nd identity just to switch sides on a video game!

I think the country loyal people just need to realize not every single person is out to get them.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 06:37:23 AM »
I don't see why you don't take all of your kind (vjjs alchetwits) into the Midwar Arena, the numbers there are so small you could take bases unopposed.
Which is exactly how you and your kind want AcesHigh. Mind you your latewar crutches are not available, but don't focus on that.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
I usually open a second account once or twice a year for a month or two.  The last one was opened last weekend because of the 12 hour rule.  I was having fun but there were too many green guys so the only way for me to keep having fun was to open another account.  So you get rid of the 12 hour rule and I'll get rid of my second account.

Actually, I think I will open a third account so I can be everywhere all the time.

Don't feed the wildlife.

In essence that is what you are doing, encouraging and providing htc a monetary incentive to pedal additional money out of you. I contend that it is a losing strategy for them though since it degrades game play which is the result of player decline.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:37 AM »
fair & square

this from a guy who's MO used to be (still is?) to sneak a NOE horde to a field and completely shut it down to avoid any chance of opposition.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 08:33:28 AM »

OMG!!!!   ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
OK I will admit it, when my Son lived here he had his own account, ya caught me.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Top Gun

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
Dear HTC folks.

Since many MA subscribers, including me, are asking who, what, why, when, how, and where about players who have more than one account and use that account to their advantage, please answer a simple question in the light of day in front of those like me who pay their $15 a month for a fair & square game....

Easy question HTC, since I am not the only one in-game asking this question every day...what is...officially, in front of the entire subscription paying community, what is the HTC company policy on people who have multiple accounts per household/multiple accounts per single credit card.  We want to know because it effects gameplay in all arenas every day.

Thanks.

ROX

PS.  Avoiding this issue, stomping this thread would speak VOLUMES.

for the record, i use 1 card for multiple accounts. i play with my own account, and i pay for 3 people who are less fortunate, and don't have the money to pay. so rather then lose them, I cover them.

now, you could look at me and say hey, he's got 1 card and 4 accounts so 3 must be shades! sometimes the reality isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
hello, my name is kappa and I have a multiple account problem... I just need them see... I have to have one to follow sfox around, one to follow flynfin, one to follow that other guy, and one for each country to monitor for new mishons... please help or donate...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »
for the record, i use 1 card for multiple accounts. i play with my own account, and i pay for 3 people who are less fortunate, and don't have the money to pay. so rather then lose them, I cover them.

now, you could look at me and say hey, he's got 1 card and 4 accounts so 3 must be shades! sometimes the reality isn't as simple as you make it out to be.
When I started playing AH, I did the same because I had a credit card and some squaddies didn't have one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »
Ok. I admit it.
I'm one of the six that play this game.
I've got 327 accounts of which you see each night in the LWA.
Heck, See all these replies? That's me answering myself here!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline -27th-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
Like it was said before and thru my experience, I've known fathers and their children flying together or against each other in the same household. Back in Air Warrior, there was a husband flying bombers with the wife being a gunner. I understand that it can be abused and I'm sure it has but rare I think.

:salute
27th

Btw a  :salute to people paying for other peoples account. :rock