Author Topic: F-35  (Read 17010 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: F-35
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2014, 09:00:08 AM »
It would need its external pylons to carry 18k ord. Internally it can carry 4,000 lbs of bombs + two A2A missiles. Still, that's not bad for a stealth configuration; it's the same as the F-117 + two missiles. The drop tanks is not just for ferry purposes, but can extend the F-35's range in situations where it needs to fly a while to reach the enemy, or loiter for extended periods of time. Once the enemy is located it's a matter of pushing a button and instant stealth with full internal fuel.

Stealth is only a factor for so long, if we look at the Gulf war, Two A2A missiles and Two bombs is more then enough for knocking out the Radars, once Stealth isn't needed 10 pylons is more then enough to do the job otherwise.

JG 52

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2014, 09:02:23 AM »
I'm unsure of the status of the F-15 now that the F-22 is in service. Will the remaining F-15 units convert to F-35s at some point?

From what Janes was pushing out the other day, It looks like F-35s will replace the F-15s and F-16s in service by 2021. I'm guessing those aircrafts will go to national guard units or reserves.
There is no real time frame from what I read, but the airforce did put a timeline of 2021.
JG 52

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2014, 09:04:27 AM »
Stealth is only a factor for so long, if we look at the Gulf war, Two A2A missiles and Two bombs is more then enough for knocking out the Radars, once Stealth isn't needed 10 pylons is more then enough to do the job otherwise.

I agree completely. The F-35 can be a light stealth bomber like the F-117, or a bomb truck like the F-16/18 when there are few threats remaining. It can be a light stealth fighter with four missiles (six in the future) or an initially non-stealthy blockade fighter carrying 14 missiles (against swarms of bombers for example). Very versatile and capable.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
From what Janes was pushing out the other day, It looks like F-35s will replace the F-15s and F-16s in service by 2021. I'm guessing those aircrafts will go to national guard units or reserves.
There is no real time frame from what I read, but the airforce did put a timeline of 2021.

So basically every Boeing made/supported combat jet is being replaced by the F-22 and F-35.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »

If so, your words are not living up to your accomplishments.

And now that I think about it...you and your father never owned a B-17, did you...?

- oldman

Accomplishments?   Playing a video game well is an accomplishment?   Lol. 

Oooookaaaaay then.

This game is a far cry from real life on many levels.

I don't own any warbirds.  I do fly them for other people sometimes, but I am no millionaire.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »

The Chair Force flying club wants to eliminate everything for the sake of the Joint Strike Failure.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
So basically every Boeing made/supported combat jet is being replaced by the F-22 and F-35.

Pretty close.

And F-22 will not get past 2025 without serious overhaul.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
I think your full of BS.

I don't care.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
I don't own any warbirds.  I do fly them for other people sometimes, but I am no millionaire.

Who do you fly warbirds for?  It's an extremely small community, I or my good friends should know you.  A good friend of mine I was in air cadets with and grew up with long ago, Todd Lemieux, is CEO and Chairman of the board for Vintage Wings Canada.  They own everything from Hurricanes, F4's, Spits, P51's you name it.  They also help take care of the only flying Lanc in North America.  You said you fly warbirds, plural, which again, in the extremely small community of warbird flyers and owners in North America, it shouldn't be a big deal to say who you are.

Again, I have to ask, since you've posted your credentials, using them to back up your arguments, who exactly are you, and where did you serve, and who do you fly with now?  And who is the boss who used to run the fighter weapons program with the F22?  You aren't breaking any secrecy rules by simply saying what units you flew with, the names of the people you are referencing to support your statements?  What is the reluctance to post that?  Eagl and Mace, former fighter pilots, have posted pics and stuff about their careers often here.

Offering insults to others, telling them that they don't have an argument because they only fly "games" and you're the real deal, without actually establishing your credentials - sorry, but everyone here has seen that song and dance before.  BTW some of the members here actually HAVE flown B17's and other warbirds, recently as well, so they should be familiar with you and your thousands of hours flying everything from fighters to warbirds.  So, again, I ask, who exactly are you?  The reason I'm challenging you on this is a combination of your evasiveness when asked these questions, and the fact that your writing ability, vocabulary, and arguments are not what I've seen from somebody that would have to have the education and capabilities to have all the experience you're claiming.  

Don't take this as a personal attack, it's not, it's just a simple question regarding the things YOU have said here.  If you don't want to answer, that's fine by me, I'll still read what you're writing, and argue against THAT, not you personally.  I do believe that if you want anyone here to take anything further seriously, you should probably clear this up.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:53:37 AM by Gman »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
Again, I don't get that personal.

I merely responded to the accusation I am not a pilot...as if it matters.   One need not be a pilot to analyze data.

Yes, the Warbird movement is small, but I guarantee you don't know everyone.  Nobody does.

Chris Avery is a good friend of mine. So is John Sausedo.  Ring any bells?  Other people you would have no clue about.

Irrelevant in any event.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »
Irrelevant in any event.

As are your arguments against the F-35 since you don't back them up with anything.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
As are your arguments against the F-35 since you don't back them up with anything.

The data is out there.  Res ipsa loquitur.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
What about un-manned acft, think the manned fighter days are numbered ???  I work an unmanned acft every day and the stuff coming down the pipe is pretty impressive. 
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
What about un-manned acft, think the manned fighter days are numbered ???  I work an unmanned acft every day and the stuff coming down the pipe is pretty impressive. 

Once they can insure protection against a "denial of service" or other network attack I guarantee it will all be unmanned.  The biology is the limiting factor in a fighter.  Get rid of that and you expand the envelope immensely.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -