Author Topic: Inactive players should be auto disconnected  (Read 5927 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Inactive players should be auto disconnected
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
   I brought this ENY crap up a few months ago when it was the BISH getting the short end, but received little sympathy from the NITs and ROOKS. glad to see they are starting to understand the issues.

BIGGEST problem..  It's a THREE country war ! sooo ??  well  ROOKs have more players, so they get ENY. Now BISH and NITs double team them. ROOKS are now out numbered AND out classed.

other problem..  I keep seeing the vets here say "well there are plenty of planes that ENY doesn't effect "   yeah, well that's OK if you have been playing the game for 10 years and are well practiced. But what about the NEWBS ?
      The fresh players trying to learn the game ? the players HTC and us NEED in order to keep this game alive ? yea, lets make them fly relics while pilots with 10 years exp BnZ them in ponys. im sure they'll stick around.

and the 3rd problem, as this thread states, is tower sitters and campers influencing the ENY. I don't know how many times we've had an ENY of 20, and I could only see 5-10 friendly dots on the entire map. (yes, "spawn
      camping" is considered to be "in flight")

For the love of god, Abolish ENY !!!  :rock

Turning your argument around, what about the noobs on the outnumbered country getting BNZed by a crapload of P-51s?  Do you think the lone noob being in the same plane as the 4 hand-holding vets that are tag teaming him helps him out?

ENY keeps the team with the huge number superiority out of top tier stuff.  Same with the "no planes should be perked because I pay my $15" whines.  If there was no ENY, just how many of the low number side would log off from getting steamrolled by late war monsters?  If anything, ENY should kick in sooner. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »
Rook Joint Squad Operations (JSO)

04-05 back in the AH1 days when you could capture all but one field. One Sunday night 300+ rooks suddenly swamped the arena and closed down the knights and bish in about 45 minutes. It worked so well they made it a Sunday night ritual. Hitech created ENY and JSO went the way of the Dodo.

You get a tiny taste of it on Friday nights sometimes when FSO is canceled and the participants don't have anything better to do. So the MA suddenly gets a coordinated large air force for a few hours. Still it's nothing like 300+ players shutting down a map. About the time Hitech introduced ENY, I and others were talking about canceling our subscriptions. Players would log off for the night or worse, jump to the rooks to avoid the kester whuppin from late war massed rides. Very quickly 150+ to 30 odds in the other two countries will make customers vote with their feet and spread the negative word of mouth PR.

After 12 years in this game, one thing stays constant. Bad things happen quickly when it comes to the naughtiness players try to pull off in the MA. Experience with that is the reason for many of the seemingly irrelevant rules to your perception of today's game culture. Human nature won't change. Look at what happened in this forum recently due to human nature not changing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:11 AM »
I have no wish to have ENY canned but certainly kick those who are inactive which affects ENY so badly. 
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:31:04 AM by hitech »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »
So will you make up the lost revenue when subscriptions are canceled? When you agreed to the terms of use, there was nothing dictating how you would use your time in the MA. Every customer's $14.95 is just as important as the next. If all someone wants to do is sit in the tower year after year and listen to VOX. That doesn't violate the terms of use for this game in the credit card contract.

Next thing you know some player is going to demand Hitech reject customers credit cards en mass and eject them from the game if their connection doesn't meet some arbitrary quality level. Because he doesn't think the game needs anyone who lags and warps constantly. Then on down that rabbit hole there will be the younger players who think Hitech should impose an upper age limit on his paying customers because listening to 50-60 year old bubbas offends their sensibilities on what a real gamer is. Not some over the hill back woods fly over country talking bubba with a laggy Walmart $250 closeout special PC.

Essentially you are demanding Hitech discriminate in favor of your $14.95 as more worthy than other paying customer's $14.95. And here I thought after the recent kindergarten lesson, peace, love, and grooviness had settled into the forums and we all agreed to be nice to each other's hard earned $14.95.    
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:45 AM »
Same thing today ..

Bish 8 online 5 in the air
Rooks 27 online, 8 in the air
Eny 27

P47D11's & P38g's vs Ki84's and spit16's ??

I logged off ..
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »
agree with Nikon they should be shot at dawn.

There is no reason for someone to be logged in >30 minutes effecting the ENY if they are not doing anything.  They can easily login back in if they were genuinely AFK.

Off hours is a different kettle of fish when each and every player has a larger impact on the overall %.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 06:38:32 AM »
Same as it ever was?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:32:40 AM by hitech »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
So will you make up the lost revenue when subscriptions are canceled? When you agreed to the terms of use, there was nothing dictating how you would use your time in the MA. Every customer's $14.95 is just as important as the next. If all someone wants to do is sit in the tower year after year and listen to VOX. That doesn't violate the terms of use for this game in the credit card contract.

Next thing you know some player is going to demand Hitech reject customers credit cards en mass and eject them from the game if their connection doesn't meet some arbitrary quality level. Because he doesn't think the game needs anyone who lags and warps constantly. Then on down that rabbit hole there will be the younger players who think Hitech should impose an upper age limit on his paying customers because listening to 50-60 year old bubbas offends their sensibilities on what a real gamer is. Not some over the hill back woods fly over country talking bubba with a laggy Walmart $250 closeout special PC.

Essentially you are demanding Hitech discriminate in favor of your $14.95 as more worthy than other paying customer's $14.95. And here I thought after the recent kindergarten lesson, peace, love, and grooviness had settled into the forums and we all agreed to be nice to each other's hard earned $14.95.    

+1---texas players<---pay 16.95 per month
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
and what of new players---there not gonna want to be told that if your in the game you HAVE to keep playing or log off....thats not cool.

i'm so  :( that your eny is so high you can"t fly you favorite plane  :cry

if i can't fly  the p-51d or other,lets call them #1 planes it won't kill you to fly a lesser plane...

you know the old sayin--sometimes less is good....

this just sounds like the old play the game my way or else--story.

and this eny thing has been harped on for so long 3-4 years now..if it hasen't happed by now it probably never will
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
and what of new players---there not gonna want to be told that if your in the game you HAVE to keep playing or log off....thats not cool.

i'm so  :( that your eny is so high you can"t fly you favorite plane  :cry

if i can't fly  the p-51d or other,lets call them #1 planes it won't kill you to fly a lesser plane...

you know the old sayin--sometimes less is good....

this just sounds like the old play the game my way or else--story.

and this eny thing has been harped on for so long 3-4 years now..if it hasen't happed by now it probably never will

Lunatic

I don't think you have read this thread to make comments like what you have just posted?

I .. me .. NikonGuy flies Mossie most of the time .. its a 30 ENY plane.  I don't fly ponies, never have and never will and I would rather strangle myself than climb into a spixteen.
Where the issue lies is when we have a massive ENY but equal numbers flying .. the other side gets late war machines, the high ENY side gets early war machines including gv's for base defence.  Now next week the high ENY side due to inactive players might be which ever country you fly for ..

I am bringing this to the attention of the community for everyones benefit .. not just because I want to fly a frickin P51 !!!

<S>

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
Lunatic

I don't think you have read this thread to make comments like what you have just posted?

I .. me .. NikonGuy flies Mossie most of the time .. its a 30 ENY plane.  I don't fly ponies, never have and never will and I would rather strangle myself than climb into a spixteen.
Where the issue lies is when we have a massive ENY but equal numbers flying .. the other side gets late war machines, the high ENY side gets early war machines including gv's for base defence.  Now next week the high ENY side due to inactive players might be which ever country you fly for ..

I am bringing this to the attention of the community for everyones benefit .. not just because I want to fly a frickin P51 !!!

<S>

yeah i know-there are alot of things in the structure of this game i don't understand: esp--eny--but in the rare times when we knights have eny--i just fly other planes--i don't let eny ruin or rule my playing time....hehehe, i have an idea nikonguy--change to knights and you'll hardley ever have to be concerned with eny..plus you can make a whole bunch of new friends lol  :salute
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:24:07 AM by lunatic1 »

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
certainly kick those who are inactive which affects ENY so badly.  

there's no reason to think there aren't similar ratio of inactive players on all 3 sides so why would it affect eny?

gv'ers count too, not just pilots.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 07:44:48 PM »
there's no reason to think there aren't similar ratio of inactive players on all 3 sides so why would it affect eny?

gv'ers count too, not just pilots.

check the op image
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.