Author Topic: City Block Hardness Adjustment  (Read 1302 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
City Block Hardness Adjustment
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:15:16 PM »
I'd like to see HTC adjust the hardness of the city block from 843 lbs to 824 lbs.

Why? So planes with the 100 kg bombs, namely the Tu-2, can use a single salvo to bring down a city block.  It is so close as it is (825 lbs damage). It would not change the number of bombs needed of any other weight class, only the 100 kg bombs.  As it is, the Tu-2 needs to drop 2/100 kg bombs and each drop pf 6/100 lg bombs does 1650 lbs of damage (6 x 275lb damage = 1650 lbs).  That is over kill and as it is the bombs are in the "medium" size bombs like the US and British 250 lb bombs, at least in my opinion.

The Ju88 and He111 would still need to salvo 2 (x3) of the 50 kg bombs to destroy a city block. (172 lb dmg/50 kg bomb = 1032 lbs dmg)
The Ki-67 and G4m would still have to salvo 2 (x3) of the 50kg and 60kg bombs to destroy a city block. (206 lb dmg/60 kg bomb = 1236 dmg)
US bombers would still need to drop 2 (x3) of the 100 lb bombs to destroy a city block. (156 lb dmg/100 lv bomb = 936 dmg)

Nothing would change for the 250 lb and heavier bombs, they would all still need to salvo 1.

Please consider it.  The Tu-2 was not in AH when the current hardness settings were devised (yes, the IL-2 was but it was not and typically wont ever be a threat to a factory or city block).  This would give the Tu-2 a larger tool belt to use in the MA.

Thanks.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: City Block Hardness Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:19:47 PM »
The Ki-67 would benefit as well due to the eight x 100kg loadout option on it.

This is not a bad thing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »
The Ki-67 would benefit as well due to the eight x 100kg loadout option on it.

This is not a bad thing.

Yes indeed.  I forgot about that load out.  Thanks for bringing it up!
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:44:57 AM »
+1
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 01:39:57 PM »
+1
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
I am not so sure.....  I would place the condition that the resupply effect be adjusted to a full 10 minutes for strats rather than 4 minutes.  My reasoning is that the city strat as my friend is well aware of increases the downtime of all factories.  Just recently HQ strats for Knights was down for > 120 minutes (meaning no friendly dar dot, no dar bar, and of course no enemy radar at all).

It is already a chore to chase high altitude heavy bombers headed to strats.  I would say it would be next to impossible to stop the influx of bombers that need much less time, fuel and room to hit enemy cities and strats, if they were just as effective.  I could be wrong, but I would bet this is what HTC had in mind when setting such hardness.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »
My reasoning is that the city strat as my friend is well aware of increases the downtime of all factories. 

City affects downtime of town buildings and HQ, factory buildings are unaffected.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
I am not so sure.....  I would place the condition that the resupply effect be adjusted to a full 10 minutes for strats rather than 4 minutes.  My reasoning is that the city strat as my friend is well aware of increases the downtime of all factories.  Just recently HQ strats for Knights was down for > 120 minutes (meaning no friendly dar dot, no dar bar, and of course no enemy radar at all).

It is already a chore to chase high altitude heavy bombers headed to strats.  I would say it would be next to impossible to stop the influx of bombers that need much less time, fuel and room to hit enemy cities and strats, if they were just as effective.  I could be wrong, but I would bet this is what HTC had in mind when setting such hardness.

There is always one.....   ;)

Maybe in years gone by there was a "morale" feature but not anymore.  As Lusche pointed out, currently the damage to the city affects only the downtime of the town buildings and HQ.  Nothing else.

Ordnance factory = ammo bunkers
Grunt Training = barracks (troops and field/gv supplies)
fuel factory = fuel tanks
radar factory = radar towers
AAA factory = auto ack at fields and towns

Hangers, convoys, barges, trains, shore batteries, manned guns, and fleets all have down times that are "hard" coded and can not be adjusted unless the hands of Zues and HTC come in and adjust the timer.  :aok

and while we're at it, now is a GREAT time to dispel the old rumor that shooting/bombing the map room, or dropping friendly troops in to the map room, or doing the funky chicken dance near the map room, will "reset" the map room if a few enemy troops made it in, but not the required 10.  Only time will reset the map room.  Only time.  I believe it to be 15 mins, but I hope HTC graces us with their presence and comments directly.  :pray   :D

any other age old disparities we can put to rest in my wish thread????   :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:43:05 PM by SmokinLoon »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
I give this a +1. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »

I stand corrected on the factory downtime but as I pointed out, if this were to occur, then the correct equivalent "for balance" would be to up the resupply from a "funky" four to an even 10 minutes for strats.  So, I won't use the EZ mode button, but ask why is it that you need a lighter bomb to kill city blocks in the first place? 

Downtimes for town buildings and HQ trump all other strats in any case.  But no matter what I think about it the "one" that it takes to convince may be HTC (Dale).

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
 I believe it to be 15 mins.

When ever damage is applied to an object the system sets or resets a timer that will expire in 1/2 its down time.

If the object has not been destroyed prior to this timer expiring, the object is healed to 100%.

Down time for map rooms is set at 30 mins, hence 1/2 of 30 = 15 mins, map rooms also heal when changing country's

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:20 PM »
When ever damage is applied to an object the system sets or resets a timer that will expire in 1/2 its down time.

Just a little question: Standard downtime only or modified downtime? For example when hitting (but not destroying) a HQ with the corresponding City strat at 50%(=HQ downtime 105 minutes) ... does the damage inflicted expire after 22.5 minutes (standard) or 52.5(modified) minutes?

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 05:49:02 PM »
no,no,no.  if anything the city block hardness should be increased and decreased as per the building.....large city structures should be increased in hardness...outlying houses should be decreased in hardness....just like in real life.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 05:58:13 PM »

Just a little question: Standard downtime only or modified downtime? For example when hitting (but not destroying) a HQ with the corresponding City strat at 50%(=HQ downtime 105 minutes) ... does the damage inflicted expire after 22.5 minutes (standard) or 52.5(modified) minutes?

I will look tomorrow

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
 :banana: