Author Topic: country stereotypes ??  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
country stereotypes ??
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »

I keep reading all these threads, and seeing in game comments about 1 country talking smack about the other country(s). It's really starting to get old !  "oohhh the Bish horde" or " the Rooks are Alt monkeys". Are there daily meetings where each country plans their code of conduct that im unaware of ?  are there country specific login messages that tell the players how to play for each country ? 

C'mon guys, they are freaking chess piece icons. nothing more. All sides HORDE, All sides HO, All sides Climb for advantage. I've played for all 3 sides and heard the same complaints from each. Each chess piece is comprised of players from all over the world. from all different walks of life. no one side is guilty of any specific type of play.

The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: country stereotypes ??
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »
huh, sounds like one of those "bish" got hit a little to close to the mark  :D

Personally, it's a game, who cares what any one says about one country or another.... well except the OP.  :devil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:06:29 PM »
1.  rooks noe raids are at 20k
2.  bishops always horde a single base
3.  knights dont care about taking bases only furballing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
In the long run, all countries behave in a similar manner.

I usually fly Bish. 50% of the time they're organized like a bag of marbles. 25% of the time they can grab a field in minimal time. The rest of the time they look for good fights. How is this different?

Play the game. Fight your fight and have fun. Ignore 200.  :old:

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »
In the long run, all countries behave in a similar manner.

I usually fly Bish. 50% of the time they're organized like a bag of marbles. 25% of the time they can grab a field in minimal time. The rest of the time they look for good fights. How is this different?

Play the game. Fight your fight and have fun. Ignore 200.  :old:

Knights are organized 25% of the time, able to quickly take a base 10% of the time, and look for furballs 75% of the time.

Having flown against and on all sides, knights have the best pilots on average.

Rooks are more similar to bish, save organized only 40% of the time, and look for fights more on average.

Rooks have the nicest players probably. None of the SPIEZ thing you occasionally get on bish, less of their "were so:gr8, we woned the war!" attitude, and less of the knight's egotism.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 10:17:18 PM »
I think a lot of it happens in one of two ways.

1.) Players crawl out of the noob pit and are taught the ways of the side that they fly for. Whether good or bad they eventually fall into the rut of that countries stereotype.

2.) Players are chased out of a country because the general player base dislikes the way that player does things, or the player gets irritated with the way the politics of that country are progressing (this could be just about anything).

I'm not saying that this always happens but it's my theory. When I see a new player I try to teach them the ropes of the game since there is so much to it. I also try to teach them some of the basics of fighting so that it doesn't seem so daunting when they get into furballs.

I also  think that right now there may be a shift occurring with the stereotype of one of the countries. At the beginning of the last tour my squad switched countries. Before we did I noticed that a lot of knights seemed to be playing more passively (and not the typical end of tour score padding). After switching to knights, the rooks seem to be more aggressive in dog-fighting terms than I remember them.

These are just my theories about the way things happen but I could be imagining it or delusional, take your pick.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 10:20:16 PM »
The countries are probably all the same with any perceived difference being just the result of statistical fluctuation or observer bias.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »
1.  rooks noe raids are at 20k
2.  bishops always horde a single base
3.  knights dont care about taking bases only furballing.

semp

He's not going to tell you we took some bases tonight !!

Offline cheeky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »
I think it depends on the time of day and day of the week. Certain players and styles on at certain times.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
Bishops are more prone to stuttering punctuation marks.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 11:31:24 PM »

I keep reading all these threads, and seeing in game comments about 1 country talking smack about the other country(s). It's really starting to get old !  "oohhh the Bish horde" or " the Rooks are Alt monkeys". Are there daily meetings where each country plans their code of conduct that im unaware of ?  are there country specific login messages that tell the players how to play for each country ? 

C'mon guys, they are freaking chess piece icons. nothing more. All sides HORDE, All sides HO, All sides Climb for advantage. I've played for all 3 sides and heard the same complaints from each. Each chess piece is comprised of players from all over the world. from all different walks of life. no one side is guilty of any specific type of play.

I don't care one way or the other.  I started as a Bish but am in a squad that switches to the low side when we can...so long as the 12-hour rule doesn't leave anyone behind.   I like most everyone in each country.  We are all friends here.  I think we tend to forget it is a motherflipping game.  Put us all in a banquet hall with some beer and it would be one hell of a party, especially if strippers were involved. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
He's not going to tell you we took some bases tonight !!

hush, we dont do that in the knights, today was by accident  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 11:45:49 PM »
I like watching some Bishop players complaining on 200 about how the Rooks and Knights have formed an allegiance to gang up on the Bish, but when it's the Bish and Knights or Bish and Rooks ganging up on the other side you don't hear those same Bish players complaining about it anymore.  :lol

I have flown on all three sides and I have heard the same complaints and stereotypes on all sides. The truth is all sides do everything. All sides HO, all sides climb to alt, all sides gang, all sides complain.

I just find it absolutely hilarious hearing people complain on vox about how this country can only fight when they have altitude over our base, but once we push them back and WE have the altitude over THEIR base these people no longer have a problem with people flying at altitude. Remember folks! It's only ok if YOU do it!  :rofl

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 11:47:35 PM »
I agree with the way Player1 explains it. :old:

Also with Latrobe. :old:

It's not hording, if you're part of that big green blob. :old:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:51:03 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 01:02:28 AM »
I flew as a faithful Bish for 7 years, then went to Knights for the last four years.  There is no difference.  But yes, the Rooks are alt-monkeys.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus