Author Topic: Tracers on/off  (Read 1109 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Tracers on/off
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »
How tough would it be to have the tracers on/off box for each aircraft or vehicle? just like we have a box for bomber formation for each bomber.
the reason i say this is because i like having them off for fighters, but not bombers or GV's and i usually forget i have them off after i have started my Gv or bomber run. maybe just a box for all 3 different types of things?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Tracers on/off
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
This is a no brainer.  +1.  Again.  :bhead
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »
+1
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:09:49 AM »
+1
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »
+1 Seems like something that could be easily implemented and make life easier for those that change depending on plane.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
I'd dig it. 

+1
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 10:25:31 PM »
This has been getting asked for for a LONG time.

+1
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
Tracers on should be mandatory for vehicles.  The reduction in icon range to 600 yards makes them invisible enough.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 11:19:01 PM »
Personally I think tracers should always be on and that there is no option to turn them off.
I'm probably alone in that. :(
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline scarecrw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 01:29:20 AM »
It'd be nice if you could do tracers for certain weapons. Id like it for my cannons, could care less about my peashooters
"scarecrw"
12+-
JG5 "Eismeer"
I'll see you in Valhalla!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 07:21:09 AM »
Tracers on should be mandatory for vehicles.  The reduction in icon range to 600 yards makes them invisible enough.

They effectevily are. For example you can't disable tracers in a Wirbelwind.
Well, technically you can, but everyone else other than you will still see them. I tested that not too long ago.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »
I would like custom belting. In the fighters I want to have mostly HE rounds, but for air-mud, like in a 190F, I'd like mostly AP rounds. Mixing in tracer and incendiary rounds as required.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 03:00:20 AM »
Personally I think tracers should always be on and that there is no option to turn them off.
I'm probably alone in that. :(

What's your reasoning here? Removing tracers from the belt WAS done by some units in WWII (see the quote from Colonel Charles W. King, 5 victories WW-II, in the first chapter of "Fighter Combat" by Shaw), besides which turning tracers off may be necessary to prevent a debilitating drop in frame rates when you open fire, a problem I encountered when I was playing the game on a low-end machine.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »

They effectevily are. For example you can't disable tracers in a Wirbelwind.
Well, technically you can, but everyone else other than you will still see them. I tested that not too long ago.
i was more pissed about the pintle guns on my tank as i shot at aircraft, but ya that WW thing is funny too..

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 08:45:15 AM »
What's your reasoning here? Removing tracers from the belt WAS done by some units in WWII (see the quote from Colonel Charles W. King, 5 victories WW-II, in the first chapter of "Fighter Combat" by Shaw), besides which turning tracers off may be necessary to prevent a debilitating drop in frame rates when you open fire, a problem I encountered when I was playing the game on a low-end machine.

Because it's a game.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho