Author Topic: Mutes  (Read 3229 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: Mutes
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:54 AM »
They certainly are. Preferably by a moderator.

I would think your children would know that..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »
I remember many years ago when I was in my 20's being pulled out of a group of speeders on the freeway and and issued a ticket. In my righteous indignation I just knew I had an iron clad case due to disparate prosecution. After carefully out lining my irrefutable position to the judge he looked up at me and said "well son my officers cant get em all, but he got you".  I rather doubt that the mods are sitting there intently watching the screen for infractions, I bet that they take a leak, grab a beer and even do a little flying at times.

shamus   
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 09:19:31 AM »
Plain and simple on 200.
Moderate yourselves and someone won't have to do it for you :aok
You all know what's ok and what's a no-no :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »
so, oz is an in game admin..
No, I'm not. I have however been here for 12 years and have never
been muted Sir :aok

The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
I agree completely, but where are these tools described in the available game documentation? What tools are available? What are the procedures for reporting abuse? I can't find this information in the Help section of your website, nor is it in the FAQ. Where does a new player (or an old one for that matter) go to learn the rules and how to report violations?
Right click on roster name, click report text or report voice chat :aok
A log will be created and reviewed.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 09:28:47 AM »
I thought this thread was about people who can't talk...  :confused:

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »
I thought this thread was about people who can't talk...  :confused:

it's become a babbling brooke  :rofl..  yup yup
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »
Right click on roster name, click report text or report voice chat :aok
A log will be created and reviewed.

Thanks, I know. Been here a while now. :)

Was more concerned for the new guys who gets thrown into the proverbial meat grinder. After finally getting a few rungs up on the learning-curve ladder and gets a kill, perhaps a HO; gets bashed on 200 or private ch and knows none of the rules and has no "tools" available because he/she doesn't know they exist.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 11:59:14 AM »
I agree completely, but where are these tools described in the available game documentation? What tools are available? What are the procedures for reporting abuse? I can't find this information in the Help section of your website, nor is it in the FAQ. Where does a new player (or an old one for that matter) go to learn the rules and how to report violations?

That's fair.  I'll get a video up on our Youtube channel this weekend covering that topic and point to it from the FAQ and help forums.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
I am usually only careful of what I say if I see that my father or one of my sons is playing at the same time.  And usually people who are willing to open their trap shouldn't whine about being muted for it.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 11:01:09 PM »
Everyone knows the posting/chat rules, yet they always want to push to see
what they can get away with.
Then have the gall to complain when they get muted :headscratch:
Don't discuss things that are a no-no and you won't get muted :aok
Quite simple.
If you're not sure if something is violation the posting or chat rules,
read the "Posting Rules" :aok
We all know that Politics, Religion, etc. are a no-no.
Cursing on 200 as well.
When you violate common sense rules, expect the result :aok

Is this some kind of poetry? 
I'm confused by the strange line construction.
I'm sure it's clear to others, but not me.
For this I have the deepest compunction.

Roses are red,
Violets are poo,
I hate to admit it,
But that's he best I can do.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 11:06:41 PM »
That's fair.  I'll get a video up on our Youtube channel this weekend covering that topic and point to it from the FAQ and help forums.

Skuzzy, if you need some footage of what not to do, I can get you some videos of Mazz Muppet rants. Say the word buddy.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 04:22:15 AM »
I thought the OP was some kind of extended Haiku myself.

Five full time people just to babysit one arena 24/7.  Does that make any sense to anyone?

I can understand the reluctance to try and find enough players to maintain 24/7 monitoring, yet how is it unnecessary when the bbs forums are all moderated retroactively, especially after the weekend?  Is there a difference in priority regarding what is said on the bbs compared to 200 based on the permanent record of the bbs compared to the live nature of ch 200?

Members on the bbs are moderated and punished accordingly retroactively, especially over the weekend when there is no moderator around on the bbs at times I've noticed.  Due to the nature of ch 200 being a live comms channel, when there is no moderator on live, the same characters get away with their actions often, unless they are reported and somebody takes a look at what they said, again, retroactively like the bbs.  

I found ROC's final words funny.  The "ignore and get on with life" statement to be exact, and the "you don't have to read it or let it bother you" notion.  I've said the same thing about the bbs many times - if you don't like something or someone, don't read it, nobody forces anyone to click that mouse button and read.  Yet most seem in favor of massive moderation of the bbs, yet champion a "just ignore it" attitude on channel 200.  Very strange.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 07:20:33 AM »
The few times I was muted I know I deserved it. I had a few too many in me and I went on the infamous 200 channel and started spewing meanness at the other players there. I won't say what was said but alot was tollerated. I think the final straw was when i told a player his wife had bigger ones than he did. I can see where mutes get deserved but I have seen where mutes are not deserved.

Example of a mute I got that I feel wasn't deserved .. I tuned to 200 to see what was going on, a fellow country man was in a heated debate with some one else and there were rather sly profanities being tossed at my felllow countryman and when he had enough he called the other guy a sweetheart and got muted .. art of concealment in text is ok. but to come out and say something such as that gets you muted where is the line drawn?

I am maybe 1 of many who have asked this question. So now i have 2 rules to live by..

1. Stay off 200 if you dont want a mute

2. If you want to tune to 200, refer to rule#1.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
The few times I was muted I know I didn't deserve it. Both happened on our squad channel and I was typing in Finnish. The first time I was bragging about the big bag of potato chips I had, the second was when I typed I'd grab a squaddie by his ears and kiss him on the forehead. Apparently the moderator was a homophobic healthy food apostle.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni