Author Topic: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.  (Read 7429 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2014, 03:23:37 PM »
Whoops, missed this one.

With your wish, like the DA, if lucky.
First, your supposition that removing hanger destruction would make the MA just like the DA is ludicrous. There would still be myriad things to destroy with bombs, and the base capture system would still be there.

Second, the DA Lake was quite lively almost 24/7 once. And it was a great place to practice with no fuss, no muss. It has been the victim of falling numbers, just like the Mid War and the WWI arenas. We are in a death-spiral...people can't find action so they log off which reduces the amount of action, which leads to more people not playing in a vicious cycle. How long do you think a new player is going to stay if they log in a few times when it is convenient for them and find little to no fighting? They won't be here any longer than their 2 week trial. In such circumstances, any game dynamic that tends to dampen rather than promote player versus player fighting is a luxury the game can no longer afford.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:33:54 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
Fighters don't fly over 12K?  You've obviously not looked at the Rook fighter tactics book.  12K for me is too low and I welcome those who fly at 12K as lunch, SA or not.  My M jug doesn't like to fly below 15K or it gets all nervous and jerky and I have to go back up and shoot down Ta152's, P-51 Mustangs, 109's and other P-47's that are normally between 22- 27K....

I'll then go land the 4 or 5 kills I got while on that sortie, grab a formation of B-29's and go bomb the strats at 35K.  You'll never shoot me down cause you don't fly that high.  I'm safe and sound and your strats are hosed (that is unless you fly for the Bishop).  If I've got any ordnance left from my strat run, I'll fly over a field and pork the radar, ord and whatever else I can hit on one pass.  I fly home, land and cha-ching, the perks just a roll in.
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Fighters don't fly over 12K?  You've obviously not looked at the Rook fighter tactics book.  12K for me is too low and I welcome those who fly at 12K as lunch, SA or not.  My M jug doesn't like to fly below 15K or it gets all nervous and jerky and I have to go back up and shoot down Ta152's, P-51 Mustangs, 109's and other P-47's that are normally between 22- 27K....
*Shrug*, Like I say, I find climbing that high to be a waste of time most of the time. And finding opposition above 20K is extremely rare, and has always been in my 8 years of playing this game.
I occasionally climb a fully-fueled P-47N as high as it will go and let it tool around on auto while I'm cleaning house or something. So far no one has ever come up to me.  :)

Bombing strats, which as I understand it makes things like guns and town buildings come back up more slowly, is a good reward for buff flying and does not inherently kill fights like hangar banging does. :aok

I fly home, land and cha-ching, the perks just a roll in.
Well. Glad to know you have your priorities in the game straight.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:34:25 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »
*Shrug*, Like I say, I find climbing that high to be a waste of time most of the time. And finding opposition above 20K is extremely rare, and has always been in my 8 years of playing this game.

If you rarely get past 12K, it's no surprise you don't find opposition above 20K  :aok.

Most of my bombing or interception runs are past those alts. And you'd better nor ask Lusche about his preferred alts... :lol
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2014, 04:40:56 PM »
There are a ton of guys up high, above 20k. 

You'll never see them if you're always down in the weeds.

You'll never fight them if you don't have the patience to climb out.

You'll never get good at intercepting buffs unless you practice it.

It's a 3 Dimensional world out there.  Lamenting about what goes on, down on the deck, and ignoring all the other opportunities for a fun fight elsewhere is your fault, not the Game's fault.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
A horde? Excellent, IF I can actually up to fight them. At least that is action, and it is entirely possible to do something crazy like, I dunno, bring some of your own guys to even the odds.

Fugi your whole argument here is that having NO fight because one cannot up is better than actually having a fight which does not meet your high standards for fairness, quality and whatever else it is that keeps you complaining on these boards and 200 incessantly.

Again with the twisting of words. Please point out where I SAY/TYPE anything about "having NO fight because one cannot up is better than actually having a fight which does not meet your high standards for fairness, quality and whatever else". You said that not me. I'm not wild about fighting the horde because it is easy as long as you keep your SA up and don't get stupid. I landed 6 kills Saturday in my hog doing just that.

You may call my posts "complaining" I call them challenges to those who seem to enjoy being stuck in mediocrity.

You have towering vials of wrath for anyone not flying fighter in a way in which you approve, yet you have nothing to say against those who kill entire fights with their toolshedding. I find that bizarre.

I never tell anyone how they should fly. I point out they are missing out on a large portion of the game by flying one way. Again I don't "like" players taking down hangars but I know if I want to stop them all I have to do is pay attention to the map a bit and intercept them. If I don't like playing that aspect of the game at that time, I go look for a new fight when the first dies out.

You will NEVER get the hangars indestructible, NEVER! Just like others will never get spawn camping done away with in GVs, or vulching a field, or bombing strats, because it is part of the game.

As to the lack of fights AND subscribers, that is something that HTC is going to have to look at. It may take something along the lines of adding a new angle for players. Something that promotes more combat on a quicker scale, timed missions for achievements/perks/points/win the war rules. Most of the kids playing these games today are use to mini bouts. I don't know. Maybe the new graphics WILL be enough to get it rolling again, I don't know. I DO know that hangars will be taken down when ever a player wants to and has the skill and timing to get it done.  

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2014, 04:56:56 PM »
There are a ton of guys up high, above 20k. 
You can see guys at 20K from where I fly, and I used to fly higher regularly. We obviously disagree on what the term "tons" means.

You'll never see them if you're always down in the weeds.
I'll never have the chance to meet another P-51, only to go about two turns and then have it unload and dive 10 miles to its ack? I'll get by somehow.

You'll never get good at intercepting buffs unless you practice it.
The last time my squaddie B2B and I rolled in on B-17s we destroyed two on the first pass and I cleaned up the third. No fuss, no muss. Yes, yes, I know the frickin' roll in and go straight down technique, and it usually works if you have the time, although with no one to divide the fire it's still a dicey proposition. (I am quite tired of peeps, some of whom I have killed in fair fights, having "Well you suck if you think bombers are too much!" as their goto retort.)
 The problem is being in the right position to do this in time to save the hangars with the limited information available to you in the MA and the short distances between bases is extremely problematic, unless you are one of the rare sort with no boredom gene who will hang out at 20K in a cannon bird, avoiding engagements with fighters and watching your k/d and hit% rise while your kph plummets. But hey, I do think people like Snailman should get more rewards for buff hunting. I believe the Germans awarded more "points" for bringing down a 4-engine bomber than they did a fighter, a higher value for bomber kills than fighter kills reflected in scoring/perks might be a valid solution instead of my current proposal.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
Ya know, maybe this is just a Troll like " Vic formation for interceptors and a new "Interceptor" scoring category  " was.  Shame on me for getting sucked in again.

This wish is not going to happen, no way, no how.

No one or very few are agreeing with you, there are too many posts for me to check to see if any one actually has.

I'm out of this one <S> have fun.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
a higher value for bomber kills than fighter kills reflected in scoring/perks might be a valid solution instead of my current proposal.

So you just don't like bombers.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2014, 05:28:46 PM »
Again with the twisting of words. Please point out where I SAY/TYPE anything about "having NO fight because one cannot up is better than actually having a fight which does not meet your high standards for fairness, quality and whatever else".
I twist nothing. I'm pointing out the logical implications of your opinings. You are against my idea because you think it would cause people to attack bases in hordes. Therefore you think a situation where the defenders cannot up at all due to hangar banging is superior in some way to a situation where they can up but will be facing a horde. This is the logically irrefutable implication of your own words!

You said that not me. I'm not wild about fighting the horde because it is easy as long as you keep your SA up and don't get stupid. I landed 6 kills Saturday in my hog doing just that.
Yes Fugi, fighting against superior numbers is very easy, and THAT is why you are against my idea. :rolleyes: That is why you (going by posts of yours I have read in the past) try very hard to find small fights, and why you, on average, take about two hours to get those six kills. Because the game is just too darn easy for you. You are such a great pilot that fighting out-numbered and disadvantaged in alt just doesn't hold any challenge...that is why you seek out small fights, 1v1s preferably. Because it is usually harder to beat just one guy from an equal footing than a multitude coming in with alt, as all the world of fighter piloting knows. (My thoughts drift to the fight between Fezzik and Wesley in "The Princess Bride.) Whatever.  :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw1_iHPS34A
Yep, just too darn easy...

You may call my posts "complaining" I call them challenges to those who seem to enjoy being stuck in mediocrity.
I saw you having a spat on 200 with Goatropr. This is player newly returned after not playing for a long time. Way to welcome him back and encourage him to stay Fugi. I never met the guy before, but the previous day I had dueled him in P38s into the wee hours to help him knock the rust off, we had a great time.  Much laughter. Oh well, after your spat with the guy I invited him to tune squad vox and wing up, so all's well that ends well.. This incident illustrates the difference between our two approaches to the game clear as day, methinks.  Oh, and after we spoke, you squelched me or claimed to, not surprising, because this is your MO when confronted by anyone who eloquently explains to you exactly why you are wrong.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:53:57 PM by BnZs »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
So you just don't like bombers.
Bomber interception is more important to the cartoon war effort than killing fighters for the most part. If we want to refer to the real world, shooting down a buff inflicts a lot more cost on the enemy while potentially preventing whatever damage the buff was going to do. However, most individuals apparently find it more tedious, because it actually is far more tedious than engaging other fighters. This results in constant hangar dropping and the attendant drop in fighting. Therefore, some extra incentives and rewards for buff hunters are in order, and would require little work on the HTC's part.  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
I twist nothing. I'm pointing out the logical implications of your opinings. You are against my idea because you think it would cause people to attack bases in hordes. Therefore you think a situation where the defenders cannot up at all due to hangar banging is superior in some way to a situation where they can up but will be facing a horde. This is the logically irrefutable implication of your own words!

You need to work on your idea of logic. Following a logical path means there are no other options along the way and so end up at your "logical" conclusion. Your "logic" falls apart here, "Therefore you think a situation where the defenders cannot up at all due to hangar banging is superior in some way to a situation where they can up but will be facing a horde." As I have said I just look for another fight if Im not in the mood to hunt buffs , we have two other options right there.

Yes Fugi, fighting against superior numbers is very easy, and THAT is why you are against my idea. :rolleyes: That is why you (going by posts of yours I have read in the past) try very hard to find small fights, and why you, on average, take about two hours to get those six kills. Because the game is just too darn easy for you. You are such a great pilot that fighting out-numbered and disadvantaged in alt just doesn't hold any challenge...that is why you seek out small fights, 1v1s preferably. Because it is usually harder to beat just one guy from an equal footing than a multitude coming in with alt, as all the world of fighter piloting knows.

Yes it does some times take 2 hours to get those 6 kills. I may even "die" a dozen times in that same 2 hours.Saturday I had the 6 kill run in 15 minutes I believe, I can check the film if your really that interested. Picking in a furball isn't fighting to me. Anyone with good SA can do it. I enjoy a 1 vs 1 or even a 2-3 vs 1, but a horde is usually 5-6 vs 1 and it isn't any where near as much fun pinging a guy and having to break off to dodge the next picker coming in. 

I saw you having a spat on 200 with Goatropr. This is player newly returned after not playing for a long time. Way to welcome him back and encourage him to stay Fugi. I never met the guy before, but the previous day I had dueled him in P38s into the wee hours to help him knock the rust off, we had a great time.  Much laughter. Oh well, after your spat with the guy I invited him to tune squad vox and wing up, so all's well that ends well.. This incident illustrates the difference between our two approaches to the game clear as day, methinks.  Oh, and after we spoke, you squelched me or claimed to, not surprising, because this is your MO when confronted by anyone who eloquently explains to you exactly why you are wrong.

All I did was ask him why he ran to a buddy? It was just him and me. I was in a pony, he was in an LA he had the alt advantage as well as speed. A couple turns and he was heading for the deck to a buddy. His buddy had alt on both of us. A few turns later I finished of his buddies P47 and just rolled a bit too slow to avoid his last pass and he took my wing off. I fought the whole time..... except when he was running  :D

Instead of having a conversation he started getting all defensive and then belligerent. You and one other started mouthing off so I said good luck and squelched all 3 of you. I even pointed out to the guy he isn't going to learn anything running away.

But all this is neither here nor there. It has nothing to do with hangars being taken out. You've been told by any number of people here why your idea won't fly yet against all "logic" you continue to go on. Enjoy your troll, I'm done.

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:14 AM »
it actually is far more tedious than engaging other fighters. This results in constant hangar dropping and the attendant drop in fighting. Therefore, some extra incentives and rewards for buff hunters are in order, and would require little work on the HTC's part.  :aok

Opinions aren't facts. If you find bomber hunting tedious, don't do it. A lot of people love the hunt, and bombers are free kills most of the time. Don't expect HTC to implement some ridiculous perk prize just so you can be bothered to go kill some bombers.

You want instant reward? Up from a carrier, a base under attack or something. But don't complain that someone actually took the time to climb higher than you and evade your little fighter flying on the deck to drop some hangars. And then you ask for a prize for climbing up there... :rolleyes:

By the way, by your logic FH should be indestructible because they remove fighters from the equation, so I guess that ords should be indestructible too, right? I mean, they put the bombers out of the sky, it's only fair! And what about manned ack? I mean, I can't gun anymore just because some strafing dweeb had to destroy them! Make them indestructible! And don't get me started on VH, they should have been from day one  :furious

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »
And my indestructible fuel, so I can take as much  as I want :old:

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »
Planes should be indestructible too. not fun to get killed 30 sek after take off.  :furious
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking