Author Topic: A 109 Dweeb Question  (Read 10425 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: A 109 Dweeb Question
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
K4 is my first choice, then the G14.

Top Gun

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
K4 is teh best.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
K4 is teh best.

Wonder what happens when you fly against a decent 38 stick  :noid
Top Gun

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 07:31:14 PM »
Wonder what happens when you fly against a decent 38 stick  :noid

:noid

One day. :old:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »
G-10

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
G-10

How about no..... Dirty words...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »
 GET EM REDBULL!! :devil
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »
Frederich. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 12:08:37 AM »
I use the G-2 for knife fighting, and the G-14 for B&Z.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 12:24:31 AM »
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 01:48:45 AM »
G-14 is my pick for any kind of fight.

Turns tighter than the K-4, has a little less speed and the same firepower.

Anything it can't outmaneuver it can usually outrun. And its climb is insane.

Knife fights however, I'd listen to Latrobe. 109-F's are king.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 06:28:04 AM »

the 109F is by far the greatest of the 109 series. K4 ain't got NOTHING on the F4!  :D

Um... Except for greater climb, speed and (theoretically) firepower...... I say theoretically because it can be tough to hit anything with the 30mm... while the 109F's firepower is several orders of magnitudes less difficult to hit anything with them.

That said, I'd agree the 109F is more fun as its the more challenging ride to survive in to land your kills (assuming one cares for such things).
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
I'll explain all 109s with each strength and weakness. I have over 8 years experience in 109s. They all turn rather sharp and can handle stalls at slow speeds extremely well. There biggest weakness is diving. It loves vertical slash style figting and likes to be yank stalled for quick rolls. It really should not be used for BnZ style fighting.  

109E - Probably the best turner, however that is basically its only  strength. Its lack of speed, climb, excel, gun platform, and overall abilities in the latewar just don't give it much of a chance for survival.  

The 109F- this is a wonderful plane and well balanced. It's climb, speed, and excel are the weaknesses. This plane can out turn spits and others. It handles stalls lovely. It's a super fun plane to fly. Although fighting against faster planes in the latewar will give it a hard time when the enemy gallops away. This plane is an excellent dog fighter plane. But again speed will hurt you when you are trying to get away from a large hoard.

109gG2 - This is the first plane with a lil bit bigger engine and better ammo load out. This 109 can out turn the later 109s but it is still slower than later ones. It can turn fight extremely well. Its a lil heavier so it doesn't have quite the looseness in turning like the 109f. I think the F model is better 1 v 1 and better balanced all around,  but the G2s better ammo load out could give it the advanage if it gets a shot and it can dive a bit better than the F.

109G6- So this 109 has an even bigger engine and climbs, excel, top speed, and ammo load out changes to 50cal which  is better. Now this 109 is right in the middle of performance in the 109 set. It's faster than the first 3, but doesn't turn as well. Its slower than the later 2 but turns a tad better.  I'd say besides the 109E, it is the toughest to fly.  It still lacks speed and excel in the latewar which causes it to get ganged easily like the first 3. It's views are little more tough with the engine callings, and it feels considerably heavier than the G2. IMO, the engine still isn't powerful enough for the weight of the plane, which can make it seem sluggish.

109gG14- let's just say this is the 109G6 but with the engine it deserves.  So definitely better excel, top speed, and overall performance. But it can't quite turn as  well as the G-6 It has the best ammo load out options of the set. It can turn extremely well and loves stalling. I think it turns better than the K4 and easily better than P38s  :devil. This is my favorite 109 because it has an engine that can give it good performance for the weight. I mainly fly this over the K4 because it has a longer fuel load out and I like the ammo options. It can surprise most people in the virtical and can certainly give many turn fighters a hard time. It finally has an engine that can catch some late war planes, can get away from the hoard (sometimes), and can climb to alt faster to regain E during the fight. It loves the low and slow stall scissors.

109K- Obviously the best overall engine performance for the 109 set. While it is the weakest turner of the set (hardly), it can almost be made up by its ability to hang in the virtical for longer to capitalize on the rope. Its excel and climb rate is fenominal. I'd say it's one of the more fun planes to fly in the game.  It has a short fuel load out and it's ammo load out is not favored entirely. Again, like all 109s the biggest weakness is the dive. It can catch most planes and extend away from most hoards. It loves stalling and stall rolling. It has great E capabilities and slow down capabilities. Most people get too low and slow trying to make the shot with the 30mm which hurts them and you must be extremely good at E control with the K4.

All of the 109s are great really, except for the 109E. The key is to learn how to manage E properly in vertical fights. The 109 is a vertical stall fighter. It's right in the middle of being a BnZ plane and being a TnB plane, this makes it difficult to land kills and be a "survival" type player. The dive really hurts the performance of the plane. You need to slash attack and pounce on planes. It loves stalling and loves slow scissors. Its almost impossible to flat spin unless during a looping roll you go left pull up and cut throttle too hard with rudder. It loves the stall roll and can flip over like you never seen. Always watch out for that overshoot! That's the planes specialty, especially the K4 with its 30!

Hope that helps!!

P.S edit: You should be skilled in defense tactics ACM maneuvers to be able to perform well in this plane. Which is why it's also hard for many people to fly. Gotta learn that stuff to be decent in any 109.

G-10

God I miss this model. Wish they could bring it back!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:56:51 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
The fastest - the K4. Those who start knife fights in 109's usually end up being easy kills.

What are you going to do when you have no alt or speed to work with?

I guarantee the majority of 109 pilots in this thread are not easy kills because I've flown with them and against them for years.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!