Author Topic: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5  (Read 8464 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 07:16:29 PM »
Still having trouble with definitions I see.

Would you like fries with that?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »
I want to join in on one of these!!!!

Id get my squad together but we probably wouldn't be to competitive, plus its pretty hard to get all of us together at once.
See Rule #4

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »
*raises hand slowly...* I'd fight with the 242nd if needed  :D I might be able to get a few good pilots for ya as well.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »
Hey Muppets!

Good cover here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-VNCGBDRU
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:55 PM »
Sounds like everyone on both sides had fun and a good time....

Just wish I knew it was happening... Would have loved to have been there

Good job, all of ya!

«§»

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »
I want to join in on one of these!!!!

Id get my squad together but we probably wouldn't be to competitive, plus its pretty hard to get all of us together at once.

It's about the fun.  You can get anyone for these...being competitive is to be involved.  5 on 5 is really a crap shoot in the end.  There are some tactics but they tend to be distractionary in nature.  It's great fun and you get better in all modes of fighting.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »
Bruv and I tried to get Squad Dueling started again, but no one showed interest.

We even have a map made with air spawns in needed and a few dedicated squadrons already.
Top Gun

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:35 PM »
You forget my number Changeup?

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Top Gun

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »
You forget my number Changeup?

No but when you made me feel like an old girlfriend cuz you never call me back, well...

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
I'm not one-upping at all. I was simply calling an epic fight with JB, well, epic.

Yes, you were:

Yeah. Too bad I didn't get JB on that fight, I'd have killed all 5 of you that run. Epic.

As I read it you were calling your ability to (almost) kill them all epic, not congratulating JB or anyone else for that matter.

Evidently you're not a gracious winner or loser. 
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 10:41:32 PM »
No but when you made me feel like an old girlfriend cuz you never call me back, well...
uh, I only call when I want some. I made that perfectly clear!!

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 10:45:35 PM »
FILM!  Who's got it, and where is it?

Also - Was the Damned line up the best 5 in the squad?  I haven't been around the MA in a while, so I'm not real familiar with any of them to say myself.

I'd like to see this happen again, with a different format regarding plane selection, ie coin toss for first pick, and have the squads pre pick their a/c, and have it just alternate, without losers getting to pick.  IE AoM could pick K4 for rounds 1,3,5,etc and Damned could pick 190D for 2 4 6 and so on.

Also, I'd love to see this match with Susfan, Kappa, Grizz, and any of the 5 who flew already alternating as numbers 4 and 5, and see what happens.  Particularly in the K4.  There would be some el oh els scores I would bet.  So many good K4 sticks came from the Muppets.  Bunnies, Agent360...I'm missing a ton.  Violator, especially now that he un-capped his in game name.  Fester as well is/was a fantastic pilot in anything.  Ink was one of the if not the best Ki84 pilot in the game for quite a while.  Again, I don't know enough about the Damned to reference their chances vs the likes of the Mupps at full strength.  All I do know is one of them, I forgot which, has 15,000 hours in everything from Jet Fighters, to Warbirds, to the Wright Flyer, and so on.  So he must be pretty good at AH, and probably never needs to pick or run, and can kill other dweebs with just hostile gazes.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
uh, I only call when I want some. I made that perfectly clear!!

User....

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 05:08:47 AM »
FILM!  Who's got it, and where is it?

Also - Was the Damned line up the best 5 in the squad?  I haven't been around the MA in a while, so I'm not real familiar with any of them to say myself.

I'd like to see this happen again, with a different format regarding plane selection, ie coin toss for first pick, and have the squads pre pick their a/c, and have it just alternate, without losers getting to pick.  IE AoM could pick K4 for rounds 1,3,5,etc and Damned could pick 190D for 2 4 6 and so on.

Also, I'd love to see this match with Susfan, Kappa, Grizz, and any of the 5 who flew already alternating as numbers 4 and 5, and see what happens.  Particularly in the K4.  There would be some el oh els scores I would bet.  So many good K4 sticks came from the Muppets.  Bunnies, Agent360...I'm missing a ton.  Violator, especially now that he un-capped his in game name.  Fester as well is/was a fantastic pilot in anything.  Ink was one of the if not the best Ki84 pilot in the game for quite a while.  Again, I don't know enough about the Damned to reference their chances vs the likes of the Mupps at full strength.  All I do know is one of them, I forgot which, has 15,000 hours in everything from Jet Fighters, to Warbirds, to the Wright Flyer, and so on.  So he must be pretty good at AH, and probably never needs to pick or run, and can kill other dweebs with just hostile gazes.

does sound fun.. Prolly get a chance if the new game is ever released.. I'm sure it will draw a lot of the older folks back..

Hey Muppets!

Good cover here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-VNCGBDRU

that there is fracking good.. thx for posting!
- TWBYDHAS