Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15975 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »
The old days are gone sir. Stop living in the past! Nothing wrong with reminiscing, but you can't expect people who didn't play back then to behave like they did.

This story is more like RPG role play than combat sim.

That is what set AH aside from the others....  this is just turning into yet another pfft game....only difference with the attitude creeping in here and other places is the eye candy... perhaps with the new graphics and arcade attitude it will draw the crowd of all the dime a dozen games out there... ah well ... your $15 as they say...  what a crock....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:39:08 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »
Great fights followed by a civil thread discussing said fights and merits of. Just don't get better'n this.  :aok :D :cheers:

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »
With all due respect, I'd have to say it is HTC's carefully modeled physics that keep it from being a mere "game". Real aerodynamics+realistic gunnery+realistic pilot limitations bring in enough complexity to set online dogfighting far above any other kind of mere "game". Before computers the strategies and tactics of ACM were something only an elite few got to practice. I'm hardly a "gamer" at all, I don't have a bunch of console or other PC game. I get bored with those quick when I try them. Yet AH has managed to hold my attention for years at a time... Main problem this game has right now IMO is that people don't know about it.

That is what set AH aside from the others....  this is just turning into yet another pfft game....only difference with the attitude creeping in here and other places is the eye candy... perhaps with the new graphics and arcade attitude it will draw the crowd of all the dime a dozen games out there... ah well ... your $15 as they say...  what a crock....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:03:32 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2014, 06:05:28 PM »
That's a fact, and it looks like we get one of these about every 24 hours, from the same guys in the same squad over and over and over and over and over and over.   Infamous, not famous, is that what you guys are going for?  It sure looks like it.

Why would a squad in their right mind want anything do do with this horsecrap?  Because of the way members are conducting themselves, this is not inclusive nor will it ever be anything more than it is now, an excuse for chest thumping and crap slinging.  Congratulations, you have made the game so much better.

Zoney I have to agree with your assessment of the situation just two more tools to shoot down in the MA
 if this is some way of earning respect for their squad well it's not really working rather embarrassing I would say but continue on this is amusing.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2014, 06:05:39 PM »
That's a fact, and it looks like we get one of these about every 24 hours, from the same guys in the same squad over and over and over and over and over and over.   Infamous, not famous, is that what you guys are going for?  It sure looks like it.

Why would a squad in their right mind want anything do do with this horsecrap?  Because of the way members are conducting themselves, this is not inclusive nor will it ever be anything more than it is now, an excuse for chest thumping and crap slinging.  Congratulations, you have made the game so much better.

An interesting series of comments, Zoney.  Are you referring to both sides, AoM, or The Damned?  I ask because I've seen at least two instances where you have posted on threads you do not appear to approve of but you are ambiguous as to whom you are directing the critism.

I'd like to point out that this thread, in addition to the 5v5 Squad thread, were both very respectfully conducted up until some in the peanut gallery posted...and even then managed to rally back to a good discussion a few times.  I understand if you have issues with a few members of my squad, but these overly dramatic diatribes are only another form of "crap slinging" cloaked in rightious indignation.  It may look like sainthood and good community service to you....but from our end it is simply more crap.  

If you do not approve of these subjects the best course of action is to simply not participate...thus disassociating yourself and your squad from being a part of the "crap slinging".

Thanks for your input.  :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
I must confess I didn't read every post.  But I'm left with one important question.

Did the guys who flew against each other have fun?  Seems like the participants enjoyed themselves and shared it here.  Seperate the squad affiliations from the individuals

If they had fun who cares how they did it. I don't know the other two guys, but unless Changeup and Triton28 have completely lost the plot since I last had a chance to fly with them, I don't believe anyone would suggest they claim greatness in AH.  I do recall they don't mind fighting and cartoon dying if there is fun involved.

Last I heard being an AH god and 75 cents might get you a can of soda. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2014, 08:02:12 PM »
Maybe you guys should try Widewing's "Cage Match" format.

Each player takes off from the same base and as soon as wheels go up, players turn and fight within the perimeter of the airfield.  Anyone that leaves the perimeter of the airfield during the match is disqualified.  Nice way to use the stall fighting skills.

I haven't seen that come up in a while, completely forget about those.  When TonyJoey was showing me some dueling tricks years ago when he first started playing really well, this is all we would do as I recall - take off from a different runway, and fight is on.  Fighting in a cage or box like that is a lot of fun, and you get in a ton more practice time, as often on our duel maps, 90 percent of the time is spent flying to the merge when there is a huge skill deferential - 3 minutes of flying, a couple turns, poof dead, repeat.  It takes time, you only get in about 10 at best in an hour.  The Widewing method - you can get in 10 in about 15 minutes.  They may not be the usual "norm" for duels, meeting at "x" altitude and merging, but as stated, a great way to quickly build some new skills and see some new things more quickly.  

I for one would fly in a "combat box" or "cage match" league in a second, as again, the matches can be set up and be over really quickly.

So far as some saying the attitudes and comments here aren't good for the game - they've always been a part of the game.  There have always been egos, fights between players and squads, in fact, if you go back far enough pre modern moderation, they were 10x more heated than they are now.  I've said and continue to say this game attracts and keeps a certain type of player, and many of these players are very competitive ego driven types of people.  A certain amount of banter, arguing, taunting, and the like is just par for the course in this environment.  Trying to claim that "this will drive the gentle new potential customer away" is a circular argument IMO, as the new potential customers are in large measure much like the current and past members - attracted to a competitive environment with the egos and all the rest of it.  The large swarms of nicey-nice new players that want to sit around holding hands and talk civilly 100 percent of the time, never have any animosity or arguments, and tell each other fruity after action reports after a tool shed mission are in the extreme minority from my observations over the years.   And Guppy, that is in no way a shot across your bow, I always enjoyed your stories as they were about competition and combat.  Glad to see you posting again, wondered where you've been just the other week, and good last post, I agree 100%.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:18:09 PM by Gman »

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
I must confess I didn't read every post.  But I'm left with one important question.

Did the guys who flew against each other have fun?  Seems like the participants enjoyed themselves and shared it here.  Seperate the squad affiliations from the individuals

If they had fun who cares how they did it. I don't know the other two guys, but unless Changeup and Triton28 have completely lost the plot since I last had a chance to fly with them, I don't believe anyone would suggest they claim greatness in AH.  I do recall they don't mind fighting and cartoon dying if there is fun involved.

Last I heard being an AH god and 75 cents might get you a can of soda. 

You can get a can of soda for $.75 these days?  :)

Spot on sir.  Thank you.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:53 PM »

Spot on sir.  Thank you.

$.60 at work (so far).  :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2014, 08:40:30 PM »

25 cents were I work at  :aok

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2014, 08:42:32 PM »
25 cents were I work at  :aok

ack-ack

You work for Coca-Cola?  :pray

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »
Maybe you guys should try Widewing's "Cage Match" format. 

That is, of course, the way so many of us learned to duel in AW.  You could switch to private duel mode and take off from the same base in opposite directions, extend to icon range then turn back to merge.  All duels inevitably ended up on the deck within the confines of the field.  I wish they'd add similar functionality to at least part of the AH DA.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
That is, of course, the way so many of us learned to duel in AW.  You could switch to private duel mode and take off from the same base in opposite directions, extend to icon range then turn back to merge.  All duels inevitably ended up on the deck within the confines of the field.  I wish they'd add similar functionality to at least part of the AH DA.

Private custom arena.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2014, 07:45:19 PM »
So we have been discussing the rules, as TC pointed out, it is a mixture of rules from different brackets so we may be able to address some of the fuel load out complaints.

Maybe when we duel Ratio and his wingman we can keep the rules as we have done, but add one more element:

A time limit (10-15 minutes?) after the merge. This would address concerns about "running" and running out of fuel. If the time limit is breached, the team with the most players still flying wins the round. If both teams have equal number of players up, its a draw and the plane choice rotates to the next team.

This allows people to adjust their fuel load out instead of having a set fuel load out that might not be optimal for different planes. This also addresses possible suspicion of cheating by loading less or more fuel than agreed upon based on the old rules. Which means no more purse fights over films.

5K Merge
Cold Pass, Anything goes after the merge
10? Minute Time Limit after 3/9 lines are crossed on the merge. (which can be verified by looking at your own film instead of asking someone else for theirs).
Fuel Load Out: Pilot Discretion

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »
A time limit (10-15 minutes?) after the merge. This would address concerns about "running" and running out of fuel. If the time limit is breached, the team with the most players still flying wins the round.

:rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234