Author Topic: I'll be back in a few days...  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
I'll be back in a few days...
« on: September 07, 2014, 04:57:00 AM »
When This P.O.S Fester map is gone for a while...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:07:56 AM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
Re: I'll be back in a few days...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:06:52 AM »
i know some of you claim to love it but its rubbish.

Flame away....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:11:11 AM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 05:19:59 AM »
It is awesome and you are wrong :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »
He's right.
When we get numbers back it would be a winner.
Imagine this map with the old "Titanic Tuesday" 750 plus numbers - fantastic!
But with the current roster numbers - a dud.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 05:31:22 AM »
Obviously a well thought-out INteresting post...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:58:32 AM by MrKrabs »
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 05:36:05 AM »
 :D  When was the last time you attempted to make a map for the Main Arena.  Until you do, I would suggest that you dial down the language, or just simply state what it is that annoys you about the map.

Gray dar bars for both friendly and enemies?  Surely, the increased furball action is not why you think of it as a disaster is it?  Let's see.........   :headscratch: bases that are reachable from another base in less than 7 minutes??   Okay, maybe you don't like the creative design, masterful artwork, or the tug of war that continues to shift back and forth between countries.

Tracers, I respect your opinion, but without stating your reasons it does come off as a little bit of a rant  :furious  For every reason that I have heard about what is bad about FesterMA, I can give 3 or 4 good reasons why it is the best thing that has come along for AH game play since the last graphics update.

Again, nicely done Fester!   :rock

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 05:44:17 AM »
ThreeUp,

Read my previous post.  A large map does not necessarily mean that players will automatically be dispersed equally ..... to fill every corner.  In fact, the close proximities of certain bases and CV groups, are constant hot spots of activities varied from base takes to furballs.

After folks (maybe not including you) have taken the blinders off to the idea that Fester is bad because it is big, and look at the reality that it is even bigger on ACTION, will they stop hating and open their eyes to the number of things that it brings to game play that SHOULD be a part of EVERY map.

I play during OFF hours, when the numbers really have an effect on the fun experience.  I found that this map is very fun and easy to pick fights.  Much easier than flying over TT island at 20k feet.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:47:32 AM by Chilli »

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 05:50:27 AM »
ThreeUp,

Read my previous post.  A large map does not necessarily mean that players will automatically be dispersed equally ..... to fill every corner.  In fact, the close proximities of certain bases and CV groups, are constant hot spots of activities varied from base takes to furballs.

After folks (maybe not including you) have taken the blinders off to the idea that Fester is bad because it is big, and look at the reality that it is even bigger on ACTION, will they stop hating and open their eyes to the number of things that it brings to game play that SHOULD be a part of EVERY map.

I play during OFF hours, when the numbers really have an effect on the fun experience.  I found that this map is very fun and easy to pick fights.  Much easier than flying over TT island at 20k feet.

Yup its MASSIVE on action... prolly why I cant find a fight for love or money. during peak hours it has its merits... but off peak its rubbish
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:56:49 AM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
It amazes me to no end about the constant whining about the same things..

"I cannot find a fight" "12 hours rawr" "maps too big" and so on and so on...

People seem to be incapable of making their own fun... People have this giant playground provided by HTC and even further terrains with all sorts of things to do... As for fights, ever try starting a fight? It's not too hard, fly something that looks tasty and not buzz around at 15K+... High altitude enemy or any sort scares most away, so if buzzing around anywhere give them a reason to fight or want to come out of the safety of their nice warm tower...

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 06:38:33 AM »
It amazes me to no end about the constant whining about the same things..

"I cannot find a fight" "12 hours rawr" "maps too big" and so on and so on...

People seem to be incapable of making their own fun... People have this giant playground provided by HTC and even further terrains with all sorts of things to do... As for fights, ever try starting a fight? It's not too hard, fly something that looks tasty and not buzz around at 15K+... High altitude enemy or any sort scares most away, so if buzzing around anywhere give them a reason to fight or want to come out of the safety of their nice warm tower...

12 hours sucks and you know it.  :P

Create your own fun? You mean like that special event every Friday in the DA?  :D

I agree with Chilli. Fester map is a large map with 200+ bases but a good portion of those bases are the string of vbases right on the front lines. Not to mention the frontline bases are very focused and funnel action in quite nicely. If I remember correctly, Fester map has I think 4 front line bases (on each front) until you push past the line of vbases. That's 8 bases of possible quick instant action. That's far better than some of the other large 200+ base maps which have something like 8-15 front line bases on each front. Fester map was fairly good at keeping at least some action during the off hours while other large maps it was just a ghost town.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
I keep saying the answer is for AH to have an automated weather system that fogs or weathers in bases based on number of players.  If there is say  fifty total players the auto weather system covers all except for 6 bases letting each country have an interface with the other two.  More players, less weather.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
I keep saying the answer is for AH to have an automated weather system that fogs or weathers in bases based on number of players.  If there is say  fifty total players the auto weather system covers all except for 6 bases letting each country have an interface with the other two.  More players, less weather.

I like that idea.  A huge fog bank to funnel the action sounds better than just locking down the bases.   :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »
gray bars are easy to read.  it's the constant hq being down that is dumb.  then it's a 15 minute fly to bring it up.  I too log in see hq down then log off.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
I have been loving this map so far. It is great for just about any type of fighting.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Hard map for guys wanting to win the war (which is good for creating combat).  Good map for action if you just want to fight.  Would be a great map for action if we could skip the 1-2 hour HQ downtimes.  No dar doesn't really bother me. But, it frustrates people and they log..that does bother me.

I like people to fly and GV against.  What planes are available, terrains, dar status, weather, skins, pretty trees, or odds of winning aren't high on my priority list.  I like big numbers.  It creates lots of choices on action.  I can furball awhile, help defend or take a base for awhile, get in a gv fight.    There is always a fight to be had even with low numbers, but stuff that keep people logged on helps with having more choices on what kind of fights a guy can choose from.
AMAX  in game