Author Topic: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery  (Read 9435 times)

Offline JUDAS

• Zinc Member
Re: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
I'm a relatively new player, I'm pretty sure it was me in the ki you were in a f4uc.  You were very cool about it and gave me this feedback after the fight.  You also pilot wounded me early, I was probably blacked out auto climbing on a few of those passes....  Just so I understand, the best tactic for an ki (or any monster climber) with an e advantage is to come in on your six then zoom as straight into the vertical after my pass so I can to continue dictating a  "my passing aim vs vs your overshoot aim" type fight and just play the percentages? 

I think you were saying I rolled too soon meaning i was re engaging you at a faster speed and also making your overshoot shot easier and thus not taking full advantage of my e.

Just want to confirm or perhaps an experienced pilot can re explain...

Regarding original thread, as a newer pilot the ki covers a ton of mistakes.  If you get on my six I can stick stir and as soon as I escape I can build e and accelerate quickly.  I don't have to pull off some crazy acm, I can go nuts on the stick and recoup all the e I blew very easily.  So basically if I screw up the penalty isn't as stiff.

Additionally, I don't need a bag of tricks or acm maneuvers to have some success.  If you aren't in a k4 or xiv I just take you in the vertical.  If your in a bnz plane or elite climber the ki out turns you.  Evasive maneuvering is simplified for a new pilot, decisions are more black and white.

Also agree that dive limitations are the reason you don't see more rookies in the ride, but that can be learned quickly.

What a terrific game I am hooked!  Hopefully I can convince more friends to try it after the graphics updates.

Everytime we engage in a fight its always a good one!  You are getting better and better my friend...!  I fly KI-84 Everyday and it still amazes me how im still learning new tricks with this machine.  KI-84 is a GOD!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2014, 09:56:35 AM »
Can't wait to fight all you Ki84 dudes in the challenge arena fight tonight in my F4U.

Funny how no one has mentioned the Nik in this thread. This plane is also a beast and a good challenge for the planes alike.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »
Can't wait to fight all you Ki84 dudes in the challenge arena fight tonight in my F4U.

Funny how no one has mentioned the Nik in this thread. This plane is also a beast and a good challenge for the planes alike.

I'll be in a Niki and looking for you. :old:

:devil
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
I'll be in a Niki and looking for you. :old:

:devil

Fantastic!!

Although I may warn. For it starting at 11, I may(will) be slightly inebriated by then. 

No excuses, just saying hehehe. I am looking forward to this fun :) such a great battle here.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »

Fantastic!!

Although I may warn. For it starting at 11, I may(will) be slightly inebriated by then. 

No excuses, just saying hehehe. I am looking forward to this fun :) such a great battle here.

:lol

Copy that bro, I'm looking forward to it as well! :cheers:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"