Author Topic: Should I return?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Should I return?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 08:45:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your problems dude depression is nothing good at all.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
Well I think you should come back.

At the time I didnt think it was that big a deal but as I get older and am at the end of my career I sometimes find myself thinking of all the terrible things Ive seen and even been forced to do. I guess the point Im making is they never really leave you and the best you can do is find a way to make peace with it. I hope you can find peace with yours.  :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 01:33:22 AM »
Whether or not he likes it. Flying is something he loves. But shooting down the enemy is the greatest fun.

Personally latrobe, you have perfected a craft and upon becoming great at that,  you do not enjoy the challenge any more.

My best advice for the community is to start fighting harder,  then maybe Latrobe would actually enjoy himself again.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:07:27 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
Come back Latrobe we miss you. Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. Maybe being around your AH friends will help a little. Take care of yourself and get well.

Yes its true....
I love you  :old:  :)

The above but only in a manly way not like pipz.

The Yak9T is a better choice

Talking about your mental issues on here is probly a good place :)

Not sleeping is a bit poo as thats my favorite after AH,booze and beans on toast

Chicks are not on my favorites because i am awesome in getting chicks not like pipz and dont want to upset him again
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:49 AM »
Latrobe,
My wife says I don't sleep enough because I play AH till late at night. Since you still not sleep enough even when not playing, then I guess returning to the game will not make a difference there...

You will be welcomed back, friend or foe - we need good opposition as much as we need good chess-piece men.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:24 AM »
Whether or not he likes it. Flying is something he loves. But shooting down the enemy is the greatest fun.

Personally latrobe, you have perfected a craft and upon becoming great at that,  you do not enjoy the challenge any more.

My best advice for the community is to start fighting harder,  then maybe Latrobe would actually enjoy himself again.

You mean steal more of his kills  :old:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »
Latrobe,
My wife says I don't sleep enough because I play AH till late at night. Since you still not sleep enough even when not playing, then I guess returning to the game will not make a difference there...

You will be welcomed back, friend or foe - we need good opposition as much as we need good chess-piece men.

I try not to play too late on nights I have to be at work the next day. If I play too late it keeps me up. I guess I get all pumped up on the game.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 09:12:50 AM »
 Was good to see you in game last night.

Picking on weenies in the MA can be very therapeutic, you know...

:rock

Offline Gorf13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 10:16:54 AM »
Yes

Offline ntjunior

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »
I'm sorry hearing that Latrobe.
I wish better days ahead.
You're in my prayers.
Still learning...

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
To ask if u should return can cause a depression on its own... after the great times there  were and if you dont... :D

Enough of the nonsense, I ran into my own little nightmare 2 weeks ago and I can tell u IT SUCKS... Stopped flying that day and did not return yet.In a couple of weeks maybe...

Yet, I do believe trying to solve ur issues ( like me ) on ur own will deny you any progress.

Recognize ... Accept and deal with it.

Never listen to me anyways.  :D :devil

Will look forward to our next encounter, will keep my eyes open for that pesky 109 after my return.

Anytime sir, anytime!  :D

:salute and all the best!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »
So I've been thinking about coming back since I do miss this game and it's community a lot (even if I don't get heart racing, adrenaline pumping fights all the time :)  ). I miss my 109, I miss the purse fights on 200 and all the other stupid banter, I miss busting up hordes in a 262, and I miss you guys. So, as soon as I can get an account opened up, I'll be coming back little by little ;)  :salute

For anyone who's been wondering where I've been these past few months or what I've been doing in my spare time, it's unfortunately not good news :( . I'll give you the shortened version so as to not bore you with the longer story. I've been going to see a doctor for several mental issues. Mostly my complete lack of memory, concentration and motivational problems, major depression, and continuous nightmares that are preventing me from getting any sleep at all. I've got some meds now to at least help me sleep, but I need to go to a neurologist for some scans to either determine or rule out what I may or may not have. So far the doctors have only been able to speculate based on my symptoms. They say it could be ADD, could be PTSD, they don't know for certain without some tests to see what's going on in my little brain. So I'll be a little busy the next few months going to doctors to try and stop these nightmares and maybe cure my depression.

There is no reason to return.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »
Playing this game won't do anything for your "motivational" or sleep problems except make it worse. You might get a ego boost and pep up your self esteem with all these guys patting you on the back telling you how great you are. But that don't mean squat in the real world. IMO if you want to fix your problems, turn off the damn video games and go out and do stuff. You can't fix reality in cyberspace no matter how much they tell you they "miss" you or how "great" and "loved" you are. Go out and get a job, find a woman, get some "real" friends and get your arse together by keeping yourself occupied with real meaningful endeavors.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your butt and tell you what you want to hear.... I'll give it to you straight Latrobe. You step back and look at how much time some of these guys play this game. Do you really think they got their watermelon together logging in for 8, 10, or 12 hours a day...every day!? They'd be the LAST ones I'd ask for advice on anything..... other then this game. Good luck to ya.  :cheers:
Lighten up Francis

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »
Enough with the Armchair Physiatrists.
See Rule #4

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 04:28:28 PM »
Enough with the Armchair Physiatrists.
Oh heck glzspd, did I offend you or touch a nerve with my post? I'm so sorry. Lay back on the sofa and tell me how you feel about your mother. Maybe I can help
Lighten up Francis