Author Topic: My one man add campaign  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
My one man add campaign
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:39:59 AM »
Most of you don't know that I've been using Deviant Art to host the screen shots of my completed skins. About a week ago I saw an opportunity to do a little free advertising so I've been uploading my images to different groups to try and show off what the game has to offer. I've been focusing most heavily on groups specializing in aviation or WWII and it's starting to look like it might be working. Some of the pics I've been showing off have been Favorited by several different people and the number of views on these pics has gone up quite a bit, so I know that they've been getting attention.

I'm throwing this up here because while I can get a good screen shot for my skins, I'm not very good at screen shots for fights and showing off the more action packed parts of the game. I was thinking maybe some of the people in the community could work their magic and show off what the game really has to offer.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: My one man add campaign
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
Here's are a few of mine that I like. I'm not the best screenshotter though and I know some people in here can pull off some really sweet looking shots.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »
The 11th has an album.  If you like this one I could throw up some more:

EDIT:  You may also use this if you wish.

This video is a collection of AH screenshots, set to an example of JG 11 FSO Kombat Vox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1tYTjfDq5M
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:38:05 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »

See Rule #4

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »
I can send some tonight from various arena's and special events
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 02:12:07 PM »
Where's Brooke and his huge number of BoB screenies???
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 02:21:01 PM »
Cool idea. Just make sure you unaltered screenshots. Nothing will generate bad press more than someone seeing a heavily Photoshopped "screenshot" and finding out the in-game graphics are substantially different. Even a little color filter, light anti-alias or gaussian blur effect is enough to not use a picture.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 03:07:46 PM »
a few of my collection if you want to use them. they are unaltered screenshot straight from the film viewer :salute

The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »
How can these pictures make the observer not want to saddle up and join in if they are presented with a context of this is what you can be part of every day?

We have an expectation of numbers in our game and are accustomed to flying and fighting in groups. Gotta admit heterogeneous groups of plane types have more visual impact. Or historic mixed groups that most people have seen at one time or another from cable TV.

Sitting back and looking at all of these pictures, you have to realize how much we take for granted that many games cannot or do not provide when it comes to the sheer numbers we can bring together to engage in air combat at any given time.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »
Some of these are really good, you guys should defiantly throw them up on DA. I don't want to take credit for your work (plus, it may be more effective if multiple people are playing up the awesomeness of the game).

Cool idea. Just make sure you unaltered screenshots. Nothing will generate bad press more than someone seeing a heavily Photoshopped "screenshot" and finding out the in-game graphics are substantially different. Even a little color filter, light anti-alias or gaussian blur effect is enough to not use a picture.

Good point, the only editing I do with my screen shots is adding the AH logo to a corner and correcting the color of the canopy glass since it usually comes out to be various shades of green on my computer.

These are the ones that I've shared so far:

Can you tell I'm a jug dweeb?

As well as my stupidly large comic that I won't post here because I don't want it crashing peoples computers.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 05:08:09 PM »
How can these pictures make the observer not want to saddle up and join in if they are presented with a context of this is what you can be part of every day?

We have an expectation of numbers in our game and are accustomed to flying and fighting in groups. Gotta admit heterogeneous groups of plane types have more visual impact. Or historic mixed groups that most people have seen at one time or another from cable TV.

Sitting back and looking at all of these pictures, you have to realize how much we take for granted that many games cannot or do not provide when it comes to the sheer numbers we can bring together to engage in air combat at any given time.

Amen Buster!!!

Everyone needs to read this!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 05:40:56 PM »

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 05:46:48 PM »
Get some combat photos posted. It's more than just another "Flight Simulator" .

:salute
JRjolly

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 06:43:07 PM »
Here's one to ad to the add campaign: 

:neener:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 08:02:19 PM »
Here's 2 more fresh from some raids tonight  ;)