Author Topic: Cross Control Stall Tutorial  (Read 16302 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Cross Control Stall Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2014, 01:37:21 PM »
So, what exactly is a "stall turn"?  It's a term bantered around the forum frequently but, seldom defined.

A stall turn is a vertical climb with a 180 reversal as you run out of airspeed.

A hammerhead turn is a stall turn with defined limits for aerobatic competition.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »
A stall turn is a vertical climb with a 180 reversal as you run out of airspeed.

A hammerhead turn is a stall turn with defined limits for aerobatic competition.

This is a good one: http://youtu.be/Tcp15VsIdUQ
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
I think you are confusing this game with real life.

The game is based on real life physics.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
It's HiTech Creations, Not Hi-Tech Creations.
Just though you should know.

Coogan

I've seen it both ways over the years here on the boards.  Thanks for the information.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »
The game is based on real life physics.

Based on. No where near an exact representation of them. Using rules that apply to the real world like they are the exact same here is not valid. Yes they can be helpful, but should not be used for basis of an argument.

However, I could still care less what you think and kindly ask you to stop posting about what you think is right. If you want to help people, make your own tutorial.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »
Traveler plis leave the thread there was no need to ever say what you did in the first place.

I think you are taking something out of context, but what profession upsets you, My time with Eastern Airlines, or my  time spent   training Military flight crews , or that I’m still an active General Aviation Flight Instructor, perhaps it was my Aviation consulting company that I spent  30 years building in a viable  business and sold it so I could retire and care for my terminally wife.  Which one?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »
Traveler,

You have won this one but not any friends. Once you bring in real life, yeah, Poison is, and probably never will be able to compete with you in that arena. Mayhap you are not being fair. In this cartoon arena, you just pooped on his pixel manhood while he was giving away one of the hairy arsed secrets so many lust after.

If you haven't noticed, he doesn't give a ratz hairy part about your real world experience as a real pilot because how can he compete at that level. You win there like killing a gnat with a nuke. What matters is his perception that he is superior at manipulating a kiddy game against other kiddys and you are one the of the old ferts he can make cry in some manner.

You are going to have to live with that. He is not going to change or admit to your gnat nuking superiority as long as the arena is this kiddy game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »
I think you are taking something out of context, but what profession upsets you, My time with Eastern Airlines, or my  time spent   training Military flight crews , or that I’m still an active General Aviation Flight Instructor, perhaps it was my Aviation consulting company that I spent  30 years building in a viable  business and sold it so I could retire and care for my terminally wife.  Which one?

Of course you have more knowledge of real world stuff... That has nothing to do with it as stated multiple times. Irl, in game... Very different. This thread is not about your life story or professions, and if you can't keep it to this in game topic then please stop replying.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2014, 02:11:48 PM »
Based on. No where near an exact representation of them. Using rules that apply to the real world like they are the exact same here is not valid. Yes they can be helpful, but should not be used for basis of an argument.

However, I could still care less what you think and kindly ask you to stop posting about what you think is right. If you want to help people, make your own tutorial.

As long as you post miss-information I'll challenge it.  I have posted items over the last 15 years that were accurate, this as a video as a Cross Control Stall Tutorial is not accurate.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
do not feed the trolls do not feed the trolls
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:24:13 PM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »
Traveler,

You have won this one but not any friends. Once you bring in real life, yeah, Poison is, and probably never will be able to compete with you in that arena. Mayhap you are not being fair. In this cartoon arena, you just pooped on his pixel manhood while he was giving away one of the hairy arsed secrets so many lust after.

If you haven't noticed, he doesn't give a ratz hairy part about your real world experience as a real pilot because how can he compete at that level. You win there like killing a gnat with a nuke. What matters is his perception that he is superior at manipulating a kiddy game against other kiddys and you are one the of the old ferts he can make cry in some manner.

You are going to have to live with that. He is not going to change or admit to your gnat nuking superiority as long as the arena is this kiddy game.

My posts were not intended to make friends but rather to correct miss-information.  I believe I posted in this stream of posts a number of videos that offer a correct description of what is actually happening in the video that xpoisonx offered and shows the real life version of the same maneuvers.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:39:08 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2014, 03:06:15 PM »
My posts were not intended to make friends but rather to correct miss-information.  

Clearly it wasn't about making friends.  So why didn't you correct the misinformation rather than post a snotty reply?

You'd think a guy supposedly as smart as you would know how to spell.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2014, 03:11:52 PM »
Clearly it wasn't about making friends.  So why didn't you correct the misinformation rather than post a snotty reply?

You'd think a guy supposedly as smart as you would know how to spell.
Spelling, I guess I’m like Hi-Tech in that regard.

As for correcting the misinformation , you must have missed it so I reposted here:
First, when someone posts a Tutorial video or document on a subject that leads the reader to assume, rightfully so, that the poster or OP is knowledgeable on the subject and the material being posted or discussed is correct.

The reason to use precise and accurate terms when presenting a technical subject is to remove the possibility of error and incorrect assumptions on the part of the reader/student.

Hi-tech Creations spends thousands of man hours developing and fine tuning  a very sophisticated and accurate flight model, one that I personally think is as well done as the phase III and phase IV aircraft simulators I used in my airline and military flight training days.  To refer to any part of the Hi-tech flight  model using improper terms is disrespectful and insulting to the creators of this game.

To those who got upset about my reference to this OP tutorial being wrong, and offering their long winded explanation  about wing stall, you had me until you used the words AirSpeed or speed. Sorry you are just wrong, it’s angle of attack and it’s only angle of attack that causes an airplane wing  to stall.

My belief that the OP’s video shows aircraft going vertical and performing an “incipient spin recovery” which changes direction of the aircraft from nose up to nose down.

Here are some very quick video’s to help everyone sort things out, enjoy:
Accelerated Stalls in the Vertical

http://youtu.be/0SKh8pTdx0I

Stalls from Skidding and Slipping Turns

http://youtu.be/zfwLglHEYvQ

Incipient, Upright, and Inverted Spins

http://youtu.be/JDEwUlA9WvY

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
I'd like to see you beat me once in this game traveler, then tell me I don't know what I'm talking about :)

Tell you what. I'll start at 1k you start at 10.

HiTech