Author Topic: Game on, Weakbait.  (Read 8839 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Game on, Weakbait.
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
I wouldn't say the 152 requires minimal skill, at least for BnZing it doesn't. There are times when you're jumped by high cons and have no other option to fight is the time you realize that it takes much skill to be an effective at some other form of low-speed fighting against the plan rest we have here, most having a low-speed advantage over the 152.

Now you may be thinking that in that situation you should keep your speed but honestly it never always ends like that where you can keep your speed at a point where it makes it easier for you to fight them. That or I still have much to learn which I think I do.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
False,

I fly the 109s and F4Us regularly. Which just so happen to be 2 of the hardest series in the game to be successful in in the Late War. You can't out dive planes in the 109s and its difficult to out run planes in both series. The F4U has terrible acceleration and when fighting can be easy to pick and catch in furballs if the F4U tries to extend. Staying fast in both the F4U and 109s is also a challenge.

Ive been practising the 152 to work on my E game to fight yall. As you can see in the MA this month (which is a wash for me) the TA was still my best plane. Pretty easy to fly and pick in BnZ planes, this skill level for that plane is minimal.

So your calling the 109 hard and the 152 easy...  :headscratch:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
I wouldn't say the 152 requires minimal skill, at least for BnZing it doesn't. There are times when you're jumped by high cons and have no other option to fight is the time you realize that it takes much skill to be an effective at some other form of low-speed fighting against the plan rest we have here, most having a low-speed advantage over the 152.

Now you may be thinking that in that situation you should keep your speed but honestly it never always ends like that where you can keep your speed at a point where it makes it easier for you to fight them. That or I still have much to learn which I think I do.

Generally in a 152, you can extend to about 800 feet and literally be able to rope or stall out almost any plane with equal E states. Even in multiple over shoots the plane can still hold E long enough to out climb the opponent.

Yeah getting jumped by hi con's In a 152 is tough. Plus that tail stall in the scissors is just nasty. It's a plane that really needs to stay above 15K or being at least 370> mph to be very successful in the pick, BnZ aspect. At 5K it can get a way from most planes. So really the key is to not get slow on the deck, or climb up early in the furball and get picked by a higher con.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
So your calling the 109 hard and the 152 easy...  :headscratch:

Considering the 152 use to be a perk plane - yes.

The K4 is close. But you can't dive in it. And the 152 is easier to aim and still holds E better in the vert climb.

Being able to extend away and run out of trouble is highly favored.  As we can see by our E enthusiest here.

In all the other 109s, the only chance you have vs the 152 is to pounce on them and pick them if they are lower than you. Or reverse the TA 152 and pop them as they are going up for the rope.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:27:22 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »
So your calling the 109 hard and the 152 easy...  :headscratch:

In the 109s you generally have less options.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »
Generally in a 152, you can extend to about 800 feet and literally be able to rope or stall out almost any plane with equal E states. Even in multiple over shoots the plane can still hold E long enough to out climb the opponent.

Yeah getting jumped by hi con's In a 152 is tough. Plus that tail stall in the scissors is just nasty. It's a plane that really needs to stay above 15K or being at least 370> mph to be very successful in the pick, BnZ aspect. At 5K it can get a way from most planes. So really the key is to not get slow on the deck, or climb up early in the furball and get picked by a higher con.

That's true though it often gets boring for me or the guy engaging me has more E and I'll just die if I try to rope, leaving me with options of a quick reversal or to get into a rolling scissors or something like that which that thing just sucks in.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2014, 12:38:54 PM »
the only damn rides I ever see most of them in are Ki84s, N1k2s, LAs and 152s....
:rolleyes:  hot air I tell you...

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:45 PM »
In the 109s you generally have less options.
wow...  :headscratch:     

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2014, 12:42:29 PM »
You just said F4U's are hard to fly.  I have heard it all.

I fly circles around people in the CHog, the F4U1C. . . . the C MODEL . . . . the one with the cannons. . .

It's perked that doesn't count?

F4U1A/F4U1D are just as easy to fly as a CHog, it just takes minimal ammo with the CHog cannon. I won't miss in a CHog.
I connect in the AHog and DHog just not enough to down you in a single snapshot; it may prolong the fight but if I am saddled in a F4U whatever it is you may be in, you aren't getting away. The F4U is so damn easy to fly.

The 109's are the same way, so easy to fly once you learn the torque and what not. My aim in the 109's are just terrible which is why I don't fly them all the time but the ability to get behind the enemy is easy.

I have flown long enough to know how to fly every plane at least semi-decent if not at all. The 152 is one of the few aircraft I just don't seem to ever want to fly simply because it doesn't do what it is told to do. I just don't think its that easy to fly.

I can't believe you said the F4U/109 is harder to fly than the 152.
Top Gun

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:34 PM »

I often find its full potential down low when people are trying to fight you in the vertical. Try flying with 25% fuel and a drop tank. Drop the tank when you find someone to play with and you will be suprised with what you can do  :)

You don't see experienced pilots (there are not many... And by not many I mean next to none) dive through furballs at 370>mph all the time. It's hanging on the edge, tricking people into thinking they can keep up with you, killing them before they can escape is what's successful. The key to surviving all that is knowing the right time to leave... If that's your thing. Aren't going to get too many kills hovering around at 15k, although it is one of the best up there.

HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
You just said F4U's are hard to fly.  I have heard it all.

I fly circles around people in the CHog, the F4U1C. . . . the C MODEL . . . . the one with the cannons. . .

It's perked that doesn't count?

F4U1A/F4U1D are just as easy to fly as a CHog, it just takes minimal ammo with the CHog cannon. I won't miss in a CHog.
I connect in the AHog and DHog just not enough to down you in a single snapshot; it may prolong the fight but if I am saddled in a F4U whatever it is you may be in, you aren't getting away. The F4U is so damn easy to fly.

The 109's are the same way, so easy to fly once you learn the torque and what not. My aim in the 109's are just terrible which is why I don't fly them all the time but the ability to get behind the enemy is easy.

I have flown long enough to know how to fly every plane at least semi-decent if not at all. The 152 is one of the few aircraft I just don't seem to ever want to fly simply because it doesn't do what it is told to do. I just don't think its that easy to fly.

Yes, but what happens when you get into a furball and then all the sudden 3 high LAs and a 190 come in. You cannot get away with out performing countless reversals in the defensive and then killing them. The 109s and F4Us are great defensive planes and are good 1v1 planes if the opponent doesn't start with high E advantage and keep it. It is much easier to stay fast in a 152 and get back to alttitude after you drop. You can escape the fight. In a F4U or 109 escaping from multiple con's it is very difficult because you can't extend away.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »

It depends on how they're flown.  
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
Yes, but what happens when you get into a furball and then all the sudden 3 high LAs and a 190 come in. You cannot get away with out performing countless reversals in the defensive and then killing them. The 109s and F4Us are great defensive planes and are good 1v1 planes if the opponent doesn't start with high E advantage and keep it. It is much easier to stay fast in a 152 and get back to alttitude after you drop. You can escape the fight. In a F4U or 109 escaping from multiple con's it is very difficult because you can't extend away.

But what is your criteria for a hard to fly plane? Something that can't extend? That's where I think we have different opinions.

This goes back to the  :neener: slow planes are best planes mindset doesn't it  :neener:

HiTech

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »
False,

I fly the 109s and F4Us regularly. Which just so happen to be 2 of the hardest series in the game to be successful in in the Late War. You can't out dive planes in the 109s and its difficult to out run planes in both series. The F4U has terrible acceleration and when fighting can be easy to pick and catch in furballs if the F4U tries to extend. Staying fast in both the F4U and 109s is also a challenge.

Ive been practising the 152 to work on my E game to fight yall. As you can see in the MA this month (which is a wash for me) the TA was still my best plane. Pretty easy to fly and pick in BnZ planes, this skill level for that plane is minimal.

False for you.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »
But what is your criteria for a hard to fly plane? Something that can't extend? That's where I think we have different opinions.

This goes back to the  :neener: slow planes are best planes mindset doesn't it  :neener:

Actually, it comes down to excuses. If you fly a slow plane and die, you can claim "it's because my plane was slow, so it's not my fault I lost!" If you fly that same slow plane (one that excels at angles fighting and/or climbing turns) and win, you then get to claim you're superior for winning in a plane that shouldn't have normally won. It's flawed thinking, but several seem to subscribe to it.

Here's where the argument falls apart: When a good pilot encounters your said slow plane and E-fights you (as they should) and beats you, pilots with the above mindset then complain that it didn't take skill; however, their bragging rights, had they won, come from the fact that they're flying a plane that shouldn't be able to win to begin with. In other words, they're complaining about the very aspect of their gaming approach that they would also use to brag with. That's called "hypocrisy."

Logically, this mindset and the produced arguments are weightless and flawed.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."