Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26323 times)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »
Hey JunkyLL...:P just sent you a pm unrelated to AH.  
-AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
Like I sent back to you in PM....give me 24 hours....going to go Jack Bauer on his arse :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2015, 12:32:41 AM »
 :lol :aok :noid
-AoM-

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2015, 12:44:35 AM »
Given the circumstances some people can come back and pick things up right where they left off, others not so much. It's like comparing Troy Tulowitzki's 2014 season to Derek Jeter's.  :banana: #RE2PECT

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2015, 01:45:48 AM »
Someone was having to fly in an unusual way, different from their norm to DrBone interested. I thought the lack of skill was what was keeping him away from the game; not less.  :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2015, 05:14:08 AM »
Someone was having to fly in an unusual way, different from their norm to DrBone interested. I thought the lack of skill was what was keeping him away from the game; not less.  :headscratch:
Dafoook?  :headscratch:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2015, 08:17:30 AM »
Funny....

I seem to remember the Bulls winning a second "three-peat" after his first retirement to pursue his Baseball career....and the year he was gone the Bulls were "not the same".

Now after his second retirement and return...you are correct...he wasn't the same....but age will do that to even the best.

Are you suggesting you and your squadmates best years are behind them?  :headscratch:

MJ is an exception to the rule.  A very weak method of personal management and argumentum is to use exceptions to make jury points.

"Science does not permit exceptions"

Bernard Shaw

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »
If you actually look at the stats between those years some things went down and some things went up....he definitely lost some muscle memory...could also be a hoax too, he only played 17 games the next season...but if you look at the next full season...the stats are quite similar to the season prior to that (conspiracy) retirement.

Now, you got me curious, what sports did you play growing up? Because your and Kruel's mindset (like riding a bike) contradicts what I've learned about any sport....yet your trying to use it for your argument. I am curious

Junky,

Don't bother with this...you'll not get an answer that is truthful.  Maybe from Kruel...you already know the answer.  I predict little league mediocrity.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
Junky,

Don't bother with this...you'll not get an answer that is truthful.  Maybe from Kruel...you already know the answer.  I predict little league mediocrity.

Yay I'm honest(maybe)!

When the heck did this become about RL sports? That is a completely different animal and a whole helluva alot more muscle memory (pretty much fingers and wrist for games?

I was referring to playing video games...I've played COD (mw2) ( local circuits), WOW (US group 3 finals) competitively. Yes,  I played little league too! Rofl

Wow has changed a lot, so that would be a little harder to get back into,  although the roles of each class is still pretty much the same.

In a week in cod mw2 id be back to 360 no scopes to ppls faces..

If FA ever came back it would be the same thing. Just typing this I could feel my self tapping the padlock button and shuffling through my targets ....memories **sigh**....

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2015, 08:46:38 AM »
MJ is an exception to the rule.  A very weak method of personal management and argumentum is to use exceptions to make jury points.

"Science does not permit exceptions"

Bernard Shaw

Indeed?  You've practiced this very tactic for years but now find it bothersome?   :lol

I simply pointed out the flaw in Scotch's statement.  I could point to other examples as well...some very recent e.g.  James Harrison of the Pittsburg Steelers "retired" but came back and had a monster year (admittedly his "retirement" was very short).

Junky,

Don't bother with this...you'll not get an answer that is truthful.  Maybe from Kruel...you already know the answer.  I predict little league mediocrity.

So how's this for "truthful"?

I don't agree completely with Kruel and Skyrr...nor do I agree completely with you, but admit my view is fairly close to Krup's i.e.  In my experience there is no hard and fast rule and it all depends on the person.  Some can come back after an absence with no loss of skill (i.e. riding a bike) and some just can't.  Might be age, skill, muscle memory, etc....all of which could be contributing factors.

This one however does: You suck, loser.

Keep hitting that browser refresh button, tool.

Eloquent as always.  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2015, 09:26:24 AM »

I don't agree completely with Kruel and Skyrr...

WHAT! What kinda of a minion are you? Do you mean to imply that we have rational discussions in our squad? We have a reputation to uphold...YOU'RE  FIRED! :rofl

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »
And yet, you completely neglect that at the time of our duel, he had more than double my experience in Aces High. He had over 1700 hours of flight time, to my 800. Anywhere else in any other game (or sport for that matter), this would be labeled as nothing more than a childish excuse for losing, especially when he was the one who initiated the request.

Nice try, but no. If he wasn't up to par, he shouldn't have went into the DA.
Yay I'm honest(maybe)!

When the heck did this become about RL sports? That is a completely different animal and a whole helluva alot more muscle memory (pretty much fingers and wrist for games?

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
I like the fact that Scotch actually uses commas in his sentences.  :old:<----(don't know what this means but I thought it was cool)

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
Excuses in games/sports =/= muscle memory in games/sports,  but I see how we got here..excuse for not saying it's an excuse that people lose duels because of muscle memory, then the challenge of who knows more about muscle memories was thrown down,  credentials were asked for,  got it. ..

But we still haven't established why it wasn't an excuse...because...it..was? All clear now! Let us continue to partake in this wonderful waste of time :]

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
WHAT! What kinda of a minion are you? Do you mean to imply that we have rational discussions in our squad? We have a reputation to uphold...YOU'RE  FIRED! :rofl

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.